It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies...Help me out here..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
growing up with the name Barbara, and having brothers.... well, you can IMAGINE that i have spent most of my life hearing "they're coming to GET you baaaaaah-buh-raaaaah"

i am NO stranger to zombies.

i think the zombie king, George A. Romero, initially started his whole zombie thing as kind of a metaphor about society. boy did he hit the nail on the head, even way back when. And i think that, because of that, nowadays when people talk about "the zombie apocalypse" it is just a way of putting a name and face on what it will be like when (as they say here on ATS) shtf and it is every man for himself, dog eat dog, and human beings start turning on eachother. and to be honest, look around, it's already begun. people are so apathetic now. no one cares about anyone but themselves and their closest friends and family. and society teaches us these days that any emotion, any acting like you care about a cause, or standing up for something or speaking out against something is considered "Drama" and like.... OMG... like seriously?!? *hair flip* we don't DO drama.

(yes that was sarcasm at the end. lol)

has anyone ever seen a movie called The Road? that movie really, really hit me. of all the apocalyptic type movies i have ever seen, that one, to me, seemed the most realistic. the most accurate depiction of what thing would REALLY be like in that situation. it was just terrible, i could never watch that movie more than once. there were no actual "zombies" - but those people were soulless cannibals. same thing as a zombie in my book.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Its a guilt free enemy. In the same way that invading aliens are. All colours and creeds can agree on the need to fight them.

It plays into the basic mammal fear of being eaten alive, which along with being burned alive is one of the things that spooks everybody.

Unlike economic turmoil, alien invasion etc its one of the few scenarios where being isolated and prepared would be the way to go. In most other cases the lone wolf in his bolt hole would actually perish. Which goes against 30 years of subculture dogma. Zombies provide a scenario reinforcing what people already are prepared to do.

Hence the popularity IMHO. I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I personally have seen a zombie.

Laugh all you want I am not the only one.

The zombie was a drugged up teen boy that jumped over my fence and let a vicious dog in to my rabbit hutch and killed all my rabbits.
I looked into the eyes of this boy and the eyes were dead. He had no soul.
He laughed at my two kids when they saw the massacre, blood everywhere.

I believe in God and Jesus, and zombies are just demon possessed people. I used to cast them out of people many years ago. The Name of Jesus will do it everytime.

This is what made me realise that the perp was a zombie.
zombieapocalypseacademy.org...

Obviously these people have a low vibration that demons can access; Junkies, peoplehaters, etc
Peace.
There will not be a next time.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Maybe the people on that forum thought you were making fun of them or something. To be honest, I found your reply absolutely hilarious

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Easily one of the funniest threads I've read in a while, well written!

I know I've read about the Army/Military using medical aid on the battle field to bring a soldier back to life after suffering massive blood loss, and can continue fighting for a number of more hours, that is sort of Zombie tech.

There is also a fairly recent thread from earlier in the summer, about testing done on mice that can control cognitive parts of the brain, and makes the mouse violently aggressive towards anything.

I'm not sure I've read about how a natural or accidental Zombieapocalypse could occur, as some extinction level event.

Earthquakes, tsunamis, extreme temperature, volcanic explosions, floods, other natural disasters, and I guess disease......if some disease caused mass populations to be extremely aggressive mal nutrition people, then I guess it could happen. But what would cause this disease?

I just did a quick search and found this interesting article, link

I don't know how much of a threat it is to the entire planet but here are the diseases:

Sleeping Sickness
Rabies
Necrosis
Dysarthria
Leprosy

Here is a BBC link to Sleeping Sickness, Disease that makes people like Zombies

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Dont listen to those who say it could'nt happen! It could!
I personally have a survival plan thought out for such a scenario!
Keep your wits about you man!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I would personally be very upset if there were to be no zombies. Zombieland wouldn't exist, Rob would not have a last name and many great games would not have been created

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Defense against hordes of people shuffling around grunting and barely making proper conversation, skin problems, pale skin, staring blankly and seemingly brain dead.....

Pretty sure what those people were REALLY preparing for is the time when teenagers outnumber us all. Scary thought, no wonder they kicked you out, the nightmares they must be having already....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Homedawg you've a very valid point. If we are to indulge in whimsical, imaginative science fiction character self-defense chit-chat it is not unreasonable to throw all sorts into the mix.

If someone wants to seriously address the need to prepare for defense against zombies they should also have considerations for wolf-men, frankenstein type creations, witches & warlocks, animals of all sorts that for reasons unknown grow to 50 or 500 times their normal size, every creature in all the Godzilla movies, dracula types, headless horsemen and everything else of a threatening nature that comes from peoples imaginations.

I suspect you may have irked someone on that site who still doesn't know how to play well with others. Good riddance to them, I say. Can you imagine, some poor woman might be dating or married to one of those guys; some other poor soul is stuck working in the cubicle next to theirs. This i've realized: not all clowns wear greasepaint.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
Most of the threat would be hoards of unarmed, malnourished people who were unprepared for the event.

You're a child actually. In the world we live in right now there are "hordes" malnourished people unprepared for events such as famine or genocide. What are they doing, what's happening to them? They're not trying to steal your xbox. You're living in a fantasy world called "zombie defense" and you are the number one hero.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
We use the Zombie outbreak because it is a PG13 way of discussing what we would do to a human threat without raising flags or crossing lines.

I think you COMPLETELY missed the point of the thread and that is why you got booted off of the site.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Defense against hordes of people shuffling around grunting and barely making proper conversation, skin problems, pale skin, staring blankly and seemingly brain dead.....

Pretty sure what those people were REALLY preparing for is the time when teenagers outnumber us all. Scary thought, no wonder they kicked you out, the nightmares they must be having already....
Im 56...Just FYI

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rukas
"I think you COMPLETELY missed the point of the thread and that is why you got booted off of the site.
"I guess I did but if you want to talk about shooting somebody who is trying to steal your food,why not say so?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

The Road was agreat movie

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez

Originally posted by louieprima
Most of the threat would be hoards of unarmed, malnourished people who were unprepared for the event.

You're a child actually. In the world we live in right now there are "hordes" malnourished people unprepared for events such as famine or genocide. What are they doing, what's happening to them? They're not trying to steal your xbox. You're living in a fantasy world called "zombie defense" and you are the number one hero.

Actually, I'm not. I have friends in the Diplomatic Security service and in the Special Forces who regularly go to African countries. They say those starving folks are very Zombie-like and dangerous. They are more comfortable dealing with enemy soldiers trying to kill them with guns than they were large groups of the semi-walking dead. I don't own a gaming system, BTW.
In the US, currently, our poor people are obese. I personally have never had to deal with such a threat but you are naive if you think it would not go down that way.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Im willing to postulate that if you cut out chips,cookies and sodas from the food stamp program there would be lots of zombie-like creatures wandering the street in search of sugar and fat...JMO

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Originally posted by curious7

Im 56...Just FYI

Hmm.....

I honestly never insinuated you were a teen at all, I was making an attempt at a joke that teenagers are braindead zombies.

Oh well, maybe next time...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

www.google.com...=en&biw=1024&bih=673&sa=X&ei=125RTo25CYGJsgL8uvjpBg&ved=0CBkQvwUoAQ&q=actual+zombie+occurrences&spell=1&fp=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc .r_pw.&cad=b

if you take the time to search, zombies have actually occured. hell the term came from an actual event. have you ever heard the haiti story? so i wouldn't be so quick to say that you would run across a werewolf before a zombie.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

No issue....thats why I say Im out of touch on this whole thing....I just kept seeing it,and having issues arise out of it so I figured Id ask...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sounds like those SNIP yu were on he forum with ar thescrewballs....zombies are ok but chift he wind a little to an (equally) far out theme and they freak...maybe they are scared of the dark
edit on 24-8-2011 by burdman30ott6 because: DO NOT use profanity on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join