It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies...Help me out here..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I guess Im a little out of it but what is the deal with zombies?..is it a video game? a spin off from a movie?..I was on a site dealing with self defense tools,hand made...pretty decent bunch of level heads...ex cops,ex military etc.Designing and making Kubatons,etc..so one of the makes a comment about zombie defense and Im thinking WTF is with these gown men?..So I give them my theory about werewolf defense(you cant kill them easily,but you can blow off their legs at the knees with buckshot and let them chase you on stumps) and they threw me off their site...no great loss but they were all offended about my submission but these are grown men arguning about defense tactics against ZOMBIES?
So whats the basic premise?..Where is the facination?...Who the **SNIP**is really preparing to ifght ZOMBIES?...A little help here please.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on August 21st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
all that ammo and nothing to kill. plus "zombies" are just their imaginations version of normal everyday people.

a lot of these zombie fanatics have unattended anger issues, obviously, and i'm sure many more. that's really all you need to know about them.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
blogs.cdc.gov...

might be why

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Seriously? Seriously?!?

Nvm. If you see those werewolfs. Show em who's boss.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
blogs.cdc.gov...

might be why
Oh Okay..that explains it all....we are actually getting prepped for a bunch of flesh eating zombies to come kill us?...thanks

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Seriously? Seriously?!?

Drugs are bad, mmkay.
Unless they are given to you by a doctor.

Nvm. If you see those werewolfs. Show em who's boss.
I figured I as as likely to see a werewolf as I was a zombie..I though those idiots were fololing around....but it looks like some fools actually believe in zombies...Im not getting wrried about eitherone but obviously some people think this stuff is rea...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
yeah man, I'm pretty sure the person who made the zombie comment was joking..
then you went off on a tangent about werewolfs, and I'm assuming you sounded like you really believed it.
I have a feeling you sounded quite crazy.

Oh, and there are tons of movies and games about zombies. but they are just that, movies and games,
for now...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Zombie apocalypse gives a real Us and Them, kind of safe to see in an instant who your enemy is.
People against people gives uncertainty, everybody would be paranoid when encountering someone else.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Maybe because you were off topic in a zombies forum??? I'm not going to go into a bigfoot thread and start talking vampires to people that just doesn't make sense... BTW it's much more probable that zombies could exist compared to werewolves anyhow....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So I give them my theory about werewolf defense(you cant kill them easily,but you can blow off their legs at the knees with buckshot and let them chase you on stumps)

thank you so much for the chuckle! i wish i could have been a fly on the wall to see the facial expressions when you busted out with THAT one.

they should have shown some respect, werewolves have been around MUCH longer than zombies!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Haha. I think they may have overreacted a bit. The difference between Zombies and werewolves is a big one, though. Zombies represent very real fears about modern society - quickly spreading diseases in an interconnected global setting as well as economic fears related to social-economic collapse and the best way to survive the travelling hoards of have-nots. Survivalists take zombie survival tactics very seriously because, effectively, those are tactics that would work in real life societal collapse scenarios. Most of the threat would be hoards of unarmed, malnourished people who were unprepared for the event. The other threat would come from other groups of armed civilians competing for the same resources. And who knows where the government forces would fall in this scenario. Talking about Zombie Apocalypse survival is seen as a "harmless" way to go about preparing for the "real" Apocalypse. And honing yourself to destroying the head is about the surest way to take out the threat, right?

Check out "The Walking Dead" series on AMC or Max Brooks' books about the Zombie Apocalypse. World War Z with Brad Pitt is currently filming and due to be released next year.

That being said, kicking you out of the conversation was rude. They should've explained themselves better and why werewolves were not pertinent to the conversation.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
yeah man, I'm pretty sure the person who made the zombie comment was joking..
then you went off on a tangent about werewolfs, and I'm assuming you sounded like you really believed it.
I have a feeling you sounded quite crazy.
no..there were several pages of talk about zombies before I got in on it....My question is about the entire zombie subculture that seems to be everywhere...whats up?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Some survivalists and preppers like to toy around with the fantasy of a zombie outbreak scenario. Some take it more seriously than others, probably because it is far more realistic than most other mutation/transformation scenarios. There has been attempted development of chemical weapons that would turn you into a "zombie" so to speak. What it would do is shut down your brain capacity to comprehend and reason, leaving you with your most basic abilities like motor function, and extremely basic thought process. Some also believe there to be a possible virus that can essentially do the same thing.
While they are all fun to speculate and joke about, it all comes down to just being a fantasy for most.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

What it would do is shut down your brain capacity to comprehend and reason, leaving you with your most basic abilities like motor function, and extremely basic thought process.

you just described the majority already. :-/

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I completely understand you. This weird obsession with Zombie scenario that is frankly not very likely is very puzzling. Maybe it is the sub-conscious "polite" way of dealing with planning to oppose/kill bunch of normal people who might be hostile due to whatever real crisis involving survival?
Just an assumption. Zombies ,as described, might look like people but certainly do not act like ones. So this probably blows my theory to pieces. Do not know.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

sorry, you said only a comment was made, I didn't know there were pages about it.
Some people are just mean.
I edited one of my comments to point out that there are tons of movies and video games about zombies.
The Call of duty games have a side-game with zombies. Call of duty is like the most popular video game, which helps explain how the zombie "sub-culture" is so widespread.

there's not just very few werewolf movies, but they are terrible as well. Twilight?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess
reply to post by SpaDe_

What it would do is shut down your brain capacity to comprehend and reason, leaving you with your most basic abilities like motor function, and extremely basic thought process.

you just described the majority already. :-/

You know it wouldn't be so funny if it wasn't so true!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Its because the bible says the zombies are coming in the apocalypse!

Revelation 20:4-5
4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Matthew 27:52-53
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Some pretty good answers in there lately...Thank You...I see the Survival prepper connection now...a little anyway...maybe Ive just been out of touch...Im not a gamer so I missed that one....The dudes in the forum were talking about zombies and Kubatons in the same breath...I couldnt figure how a pressure point tool will help with a freak so i did the werewolf thing...oh well...live and learn
edit on 8/20/2011 by Homedawg because: dawgsbaine

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I had a dream that underneath my highschool was a lab facility where they were doing all sorts of tests on essentially 'zombies'. nothing I should have to worry about. prepare for it as you would anything else. it's as possible as an alien race finding earth and screwing it sideways. possible, but not likely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join