It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are better endurance athelettes than men.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why is it so important for you to want women to have more endurance than men? Even if it's true, why are you so serious on being right. Think to yourself, is it really that important to prove these guys wrong?

I myself don't care, it doesn't make any difference to me. All I know is that most people know from history that men are usually the hunters, protectors and handy men etc not only because of the extra physical strength but because of the way their mind works, and such things as hormones, testosterone etc really affect how men act compared to women.

Women have many positives, e.g they are great survivors, look at single moms for example who work hard every day, clean the house, look after their kids and still have a smile to share the world with, that is true mental strength right there. Not everything has to be about physical strength.

Women have many strengths, and it's the slight difference between men and women that keeps the balance just right in the human race. Without women, men would go crazy, we need you and you need us (trust me I went to a boys school haha)

Imagine how boring the world would be if we were all the same. We are lucky that each man and woman are different, every woman has an unique beauty and strength to her and that's the beauty of the human race.

But one of our weaknesses is that we like to generalize too much.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
According to this the only thing keeping a male in front is his god given height, not any biological superiority.

Who says God has anything to do with his height? You say, "Not any biological superiority" when in fact,height comes from biological traits. There for I think your post is flawed.
Men are in fact bigger,faster and stronger. Look at the days living in caves, men had to hunt,defend for themselves and the women. They had to be fast to chase their food. Woman dont have those traits becuase they where the "Gatherers" while men where the "Hunters"

edit on 20-8-2011 by gpena because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2011 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

One reason, I don't like being talked down to like some members have been doing. Second reason, some of them are misinformed or wrong. Third reason, some people aren't reading or just don't see my point completely. They fail to admit that multiple studies have been linked proving that women are actually superior than men per their bodies dimensions in real endurance sports. Whether it be mental, biological, or whatever the reason the studies show that they are better at this.

I would like to see both men and women compete against each other in endurance sports. I think that the women would be that much faster when pitted against men. Just my opinion but I think the best true measure is to have a mark to beat, not comparing two seperate outcomes from seperate events. If that were the case I think that women do have a chance to win outright, for whatever the reason.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
isn't tennis a form of interval training like soccer or gridiron football? run as fast as possible for a short while, stop/walk, lather rinse repeat. that is definitely endurance, I guess. I could see it being muscular strength as well though since it's all high intensity dependent, and I don't think anyone is going to be doing hiit sprints for more than 20 minutes or so (I myself am at less than 5 minutes :/ ).

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Is there a female Tour De France? If not I think there should be I was going to say they would probably similarly be great at long-distance cycling?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

Read the link I posted. It's a list of all endurance sports. Tennis, soccer, football, are not on the list.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I suppose that may be true, but what about a previous user's post that talked about how they attempted to have women do 5 sets instead of just 3, but eventually had to move it back down to 3? Wouldn't this mean the men have better endurance, as a woman vs woman match there's no difference in strength or anything, they have the same kind of.......uh, 'woman' muscles I guess? more efficient muscles than men or something like that, not too sure.

edit on 20-8-2011 by chi_z because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
How is this 9 pages???

It's very simple...once women surpass men's records in sports...please let me know.

Until, just accept that men are superior to women in sports and physical activity.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

How hard does a woman hit the ball in a set? As hard as she can? I think they would be doing that right? So that's a question of muscle use at 100% capacity and doesn't fall into my article about endurance sports, or the article about 75% of muscle capacity that was linked a few pages back.

The list says it's not an endurance sport. I've never heard of tennis players training in the same way that other endurance athletes train. If you read the definition and read the previous poster that mentioned tennis, by his point that his strength helps, it does not fit the definition of an endurance sport either.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well I think it would be very interesting to watch sports with men and women playing together. At the very least it would be a fresh perspective.

Have you ever seen two people that support different football(soccer) teams have a debate? It never ends well, because both of them have big egos and no matter which team is really better they are missing the point.

It's not about who's better, it's about how well the teams work together and accomplish their goals together, it's about having fun and enjoying how well the players, each different work together to accomplish a goal. A Goal keeper, defender, attacker etc all working together despite their differences to accomplish their goal.

If the defender and attacker were debating on who is better, that would cause separation, and that will obviously affect their team work.

So if male and females keep debating on who's better it will only cause separation, which is not good for the human race, because we need each other, and it's our differences that makes the human race team work.
edit on 20-8-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
How is this 9 pages???

It's very simple...once women surpass men's records in sports...please let me know.

Until, just accept that men are superior to women in sports and physical activity.

THIS is all that needs to be posted.....period
5 star post my friend!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I made many posts here. I said thank you to those men, the real men in this thread. You are not a part of the "ugh" group.
Thanks for an intelligent post.

I tend to treat people as they treat me actually. You've been nice so I'm going to try to treat you nicely until you stop being nice.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

So according to you, you are only a "real man" if the man agrees with you that women are superior??

LOL...Have fun looking for that "real man" who is submissive and does whatever you tell him to do and how to think.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

ah ok, nevermind I see the logic in it now heh. Was a bit confuddled there, obviously not lasting as long would logically = not as much endurance but I guess since the endurance is a secondary aspect compared to strength in tennis, then it does make sense that women wouldn't play as many sets. still, in the face of all these studies etc, the fact remains that the ironman record of 7 some odd hours is held by a man, and IIRCC, so was the triathlon no? so while women would be more efficient in relative terms, it's all moot since the men still are better in absolute terms, the men still outrun them women by a smidge in terms of actual times not just 'in proportion' or whatever.
edit on 20-8-2011 by chi_z because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You don't know for sure that a woman doesn't hold an outright sport record. Have you checked them all? I haven't. Show me where it's written that a woman has never done it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Less muscle, smaller framer would increase anyone endurance

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

He didn't entirely agree with me but he didn't behave like you either.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I think I found one record a woman holds outright, lynne cox swimmer

that was back in the 70s, not sure if it still holds.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You don't know for sure that a woman doesn't hold an outright sport record. Have you checked them all? I haven't. Show me where it's written that a woman has never done it.

Wouldn't that be your job???

Proving a negative an all that...you want me to go search every single little obscure sport to prove that no women hold a record...and then exactly how would I know I covered every sport....OH...that's right...that's why when people ask someone to prove a negative...it is a logical fallacy.

Good job

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Kharron

Have you ever participated in any endurance sports or hobbies? From my experience beginner female mountain bikers consistently do much better than beginning men. They also continue to be capable of lasting longer but men tend to catch back up as training goes by because their strength comes into play. In fact my riding partner typically does the same climbs as me in a higher gear, meaning his strength is getting him to the top while my endurance is helping me. Beyond my personal accounts there is science to prove this earlier in the thread.

You might do better than men in beginning, just not to make you think you have greater endurance than beginning men. Try moderate or even higher level and you might can compete but you will never win first place mountain biker in those level. Never. Beginning is so amateur. It's like little league. I am not being nice to you, anyway.

oh, by the way, I am disgusted with a lot of replies on this thread. Shame on you.
edit on 20-8-2011 by whiteblack because: forget to add

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

I found her wiki. It doesn't say if her record holds but she did improve upon it.

wiki

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join