It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are better endurance athelettes than men.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Did you know that more women graduate college than men? Does that mean that by those numbers you're all less intelligent than women?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
so I can see the argument for it, but it's our natural position to be the dominant gender

Just judging by the response of the majority of male posters here "dominant" is not the word I would use to describe it.
Not talking about anyone actually reading and saying anything respectfully like yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So if we take away the mans advantages the woman could win in endurance given enough time based on physiological advantages. So people win based on advantages... well yeah. And if a midget had long legs he'd be taller...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

For the Boston Marathon..

2010 Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot 2:05:52 compared to Teyba Erkesso 2:26:11

2011 Geoffrey Mutai 2:03:02 compared to Caroline Kilel 2:22:36

ect.

Roughly 20 minutes faster is hardly seconds.

This is sort of garbage to be honest. "A women in a man's body with a child's exuberance make the best runners!". How about you splice some cheetah genes and then that will be the fastest !

edit on 20-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
Did you know that more women graduate college than men? Does that mean that by those numbers you're all less intelligent than women?

Once ''graduating college'' becomes a synonym for ''intelligence'', then you may have a point.

However, as your immediate premise is fallacious, your conclusion - based on that argument - is invalid !

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Then I think atheltics are also a poor test of physical ability and dismiss your arguement on the grounds of the same ignorance as yours.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Ultimately it comes down to the individual and how much time and effort they put into improving themselves. Race or gender aside, practice makes perfect.

I couldn't of said it any better myself, fantastic sir!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Then I think atheltics are also a poor test of physical ability and dismiss your arguement on the grounds of the same ignorance as yours.

Various sporting endeavours cover a vast array of different physical abilities and attributes. Yet, in every single one of these sports, men are superior to women.

Athletics alone doesn't count as a test for physical ability, but combined with every other test of physical capabilities and objective physiological research, then it provides strong supporting evidence that the average man is physically superior to the average woman.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The same can be said of college. It offers a wide variety of subjects, majors, and even a variety of difficulty level. Overall women perform better at it than men. Yet IQ studies show men and women are almost equal. Almost. That must mean that all men are stupid and not capable thinkers.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Rather than college graduation rates if you really wanted to make your case you'd look at standardized test scores. In that case girls do surpass guys on some subjects, and that's a fair assessment. Or that guys tend to have learning disorders much more often than women. That's fair to say. But to say that women cross the finish line before guys via math rather than actually, you know, crossing it...it's pretty convoluted as well as lazy.

Less pseudo intellectualization and more running.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

The point is that me making the general statement that all men are stupid is no more accurate than saying that all women are physically inferior.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

i agree with both statements, and regardless of what is wrong or right to say, they both match my life experiences and i would consider them both to be true statements even if technically they are not.

it might be stupid to say them but they certainly seem true most of the time.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Facts, logic and reason all state that on average Men are physically superior to Women. This is confirmed by scientific and empirical data as well. Look at history, look at the present.

Your premise that Women are intellectually superior to Men because more Women graduate from college makes no logical sense.
edit on 20/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Do you have any data regarding the statement "on average men are physically superior"? I'd love to see some because I think more women take care of themselves and stay in better physical condition than men. Men often die before their wives, so it would seem to support that in certain circumstances your statment is false. Got anything to support the average debate?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have some data that shows your thread title is incorrect:

Source 1

Source 2

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So in other words no. Ok gotcha.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Overall..I would agree..except for that "time of the month."

No telling where that leads to.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES

There are several obvious differences between men and women, including the following:

1. An average man is taller and heavier than an average woman.
2. Men have more bodily hair than women do, especially on the chest and extremities
3. Women are more sensitive to sound than men
4. Men are over 30% stronger than women, especially in the upper body. Although many feminists cannot face this fact, females simply do not have the strength or endurance necessary to be, for example, effective combat soldiers.
5. On average, girls begin puberty changing approximately two years before boys.
6. Men have larger hearts and lungs, and their higher levels of testosterone cause them to produce greater amounts of red blood cells
7. Differences in intake and delivery of oxygen translates into some aspects of performance: when a man is jogging at about 50% of his capacity, a woman will need to work at over 70% of her capacity to keep up with him.
8. Female fertility decreases after age 35, ending with menopause, but men are capable of making children even when very old.
9. Men’s skin has more collagen and sebum, which makes it thicker and oilier than women’s skin
10. Women generally have a greater body fat percentage than men.
11. Men and women have different levels of certain hormones; for example, men have a higher concentration of androgens such as testosterone, while women have a higher concentration of estrogens.
12. An average male brain has approximately 4% more cells and 100 grams more brain tissue than an average female brain. This is not connected with intelligence! Research points to no overall difference in intelligence between males and females. However, both sexes have similar brain weight to body weight ratios.
13. In men, the second digit is often shorter than the fourth digit, while in females the second tends to be longer than the fourth
14. Men have better distance vision and depth perception, and usually better vision in lighted environments. Women have better night vision, see better at the red end of the light spectrum, and have better visual memory.

PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES
edit on 20/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: bolded important points

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

That makes you superior how? I wanna know how many men in america are working out and eating right! You said on average you're physically superior.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You have taken a study and turned it into a gender war...how human of you.

After 30+ years in the military, I have known only two women who could keep up with the demands of combat. That's endurance. I would go to war with them in a heartbeat.

The rest were whiny and weak that proved to be a hinderance to the mission at hand. But of course, I have also seen guys the same way, But overall, the women outnumbered the men, per captia wise.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join