It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are better endurance athelettes than men.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
Women have a better weight distribution. If no men enter the event ever I'd guess it's because they do not wish to lose miserably.

You are either trolling or completely ignorant of the sport of gymnastics - perhaps both.

By your bizarre ''logic'', then women don't compete in the disciplines of the rings or pommel horse because they ''do not wish to lose miserably''.

The fact of the matter is that there are gender-specific disciplines in gymnastics, and men always outperform women in the disciplines which are performed by both sexes.

The asymmetrical bars and balance beam are only performed by women, but if men did these disciplines, then they would obviously better the top female gymnasts at these.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Think of it like this. Given the differences between men and women who has more endurance for their physical make-up. Considering the fact that the top women runners finish only a few seconds behind their male counterparts while understanding the advantages a male's body has over a womans it's safe to say that a woman has more endurance.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Think of it like this. Given the differences between men and women who has more endurance for their physical make-up. Considering the fact that the top women runners finish only a few seconds behind their male counterparts while understanding the advantages a male's body has over a womans it's safe to say that a woman has more endurance.

It's safe to say that all other things being equal, women still lose.

It's part of nature, just accept it. In some species, the female is larger, stronger, and dominant. But in humans, that is not the case....sorry....accept it and move on. Don't use fuzzy (read: crazy) logic or outright dishonesty to try to make it otherwise.
edit on 20-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I don't deny that it is a male dominated sport. But she does consistently finish ahead of the majority of the male field. That means she's better than every single man she's in front of (by your thinking). Racing isn't entirely a fair comparison because a lot of that comes down to the vehicle and even luck.

She's won 1 out of 170 races.

She's just a pretty face who is used to sell NASCAR to a male dominated potential fan-base.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Actually if all things were equal they would be equal. The fact is that woman's body is made for a higher level of endurance than a man's is and this is why at the higher the level (or further they run) the closer they get to a man's performance.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Mathematics versus reality doesn't really prove anything. Both genders have their athletes and their slobs.
I see this study as a waste of money, but hey, somebody was employed at least.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Ultra Runner Ann Trason from Oakland, California is adding credence to this research. In 1989, she beat the men to become the first female USA Track & Field national champion. The field for the 24-hour race included several top US men, but Trason beat them all by running 143 miles, four miles ahead of Scott DeMaree in second place.

findarticles.com...

Now please explain if men are so superior how it is that women are beating them at events all over the place? It doesn't fit the mathematical equation does it?

Perhaps it's because women ****SPOILER**** might have more endurance than men?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Actually if all things were equal they would be equal. The fact is that woman's body is made for a higher level of endurance than a man's is and this is why at the higher the level (or further they run) the closer they get to a man's performance.

And yet they still lose.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that men are naturally better athletes?

I like to live in the observable world...not the fantasy world made up to back up my own desires.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I think the attitude that women are inferior in terms of physical ability needs to be rethought. The fact that women are discouraged from participating in sports or any physically demanding environment is stupid.

Well men naturally have more muscle than women, just a fact. When or where are you living? Women aren't discouraged from participating in sports.

Deriba Merga Ejigu, won Boston Marathon in 2009, he's 5'6. Men have larger hearts and lungs as well.

I suppose men could be considered better at making breast milk considering the breast weight/milk production ratio.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Of course because your physical attributes give you an advantage. That's like saying your superior because you can beat a 10 yr.old in a match. Stick a womans body on you and you will sink to the bottom of the pack.

Behave yourself.

What are you even arguing about ? I think that you could start an argument in an empty room !

Obviously, I would beat most female competition because, as a man, I'm physically stronger. That's kind of the point that is being argued.

Women are only behind men in endurance event's like marathons by a few seconds and given the advantages men have physically they should be far further ahead than that.

''A few seconds'' ?! Are you for real ?! Try ''several minutes''.

The fact that women beat men at various things now when they should lose everytime is proof alone that they have better endurance than men.

What ''various things'' do women beat men at ?

I am intrigued.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Men are better athletes at some things however events that take alot of endurance, as this thread is referring too, finds that women are far superior.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Men are better athletes at some things however events that take alot of endurance, as this thread is referring too, finds that women are far superior.

And yet they still lose to men...if women were truly "far superior"...they would be winning.

I don't think you can claim women are "far superior" when you handicap the men to get that result

Honestly...think before you speak.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Read my earlier posts where I give specific examples.

The facts are lining up against you guys and it's fun watching you squirm, i'm just wating for the "troll" comments to come out soon

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And yet they still lose?

Really?....I mean your absolutely sure about that?

Have a read my friend

Nine Great Moments in Women Beating Men at Sports

www.thesmokingjacket.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And yet they still lose?

Really?....I mean your absolutely sure about that?

Have a read my friend

Nine Great Moments in Women Beating Men at Sports

www.thesmokingjacket.com...

LOL...golf, bowling, horse back riding???

No one is saying that any man can beat any woman...but put the top man in the world in a respective sport (not bowling...LOL), and see who wins.

The fact that they had to try really really hard to get a top 10 list just shows how superior men are to women. Scrath that...they could only come up with a top 9 list.

Show me one sport where the top females are better than the top males.

This thread is hilarious.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hmm interesting..... I think I'll go start a "Men are smarter than Women" thread and see how much crapola I can stir up.

Maybe not......

The best times in the men's marathon average around 15 minutes less than women's:
Best Marathon times

The argument about height differences accounting for time differences is a fail, because it doesn't include the fact that men generally have more mass than women. That indicates that more Work (in the physics sense) is being accomplished by men over the distance of the marathon, in less time.
edit on 20-8-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think it also needs to be pointed out that women even have to compete separately at chess.

It must be the physical struggle of lifting up the rook which means that women can't compete on a level playing field with men...

edit on 20-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Lords of the Underwater Dance: Men in Synchronized Swimming

In today's sports culture, the desegregation of traditionally male-dominated sports seems a natural move in the context of American society's growing dialogue on women's rights. However, one aspect of gender equality in sports which remains practically unaddressed is the issue of men's participation and acceptance in traditionally female-dominated sports. There exists a serious "cultural roadblock" (Arnold 1998) that effects men competing in sports which are traditionally associated with women and, in some cases, a legal roadblock as well.

One of the most shocking examples of sex discrimination in a sporting event is faced by male synchronized swimmers. Men were until very recently not allowed to even participate in synchronized swimming events in the Olympics and other internationally recognized competitions such as those associated with the Federation Internationale de Natacion Amateur and the Pan American Games. Many opponents argue that, in a male-dominated society, issues such as the discrimination against male synchronized swimmers are simply irrelevant. However, it is important to remember that gender equality means equal rights and opportunities for both men and women.

serendip.brynmawr.edu...

I do believe women dominate this field.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Endurance sports show that men perform approximately 10% better than women. This is caused by the fact that men can absorb more oxygen per kilogram bodyweight than women.

This is caused by: · male athletes being able to pump a greater volume of blood through their hearts. · male blood containing more hemoglobin, the substance in red blood cells which is responsible for moving oxygen to the muscles. · the fact that women have a higher fat percentage than men, approximately 10% higher, which means extra weight.

The body of a female athlete, on the other hand, seems to be able to handle energy and fluid control better. The longer the endurance test is, the smaller the difference becomes between men and women. Aside from that it has been shown that there are no differences between the sexes of muscle buildup, such as quick or slow muscle-fiber typing and in trainability.

www.injury-indicator.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

LOL...I hope you are actually joking around.

Syncronized swimming...I guess next you are going to be giving examples of cheerleading as a sport.

So, for your argument to prove that women are better athletes, you have given...bowling, horse back riding, competetive eating...and now....synchronized swimming....LOL.

I guess you are right...women are far superior athletes

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join