It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are better endurance athelettes than men.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I guess it really all depends on the psychology as well - Men have been more aggressive while women are more intuitive persay. I"m the rare kind of male - The one that thinks

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If women are better athletes than men how come all the women at my army pre selection failed?

All of them took over 15 minutes for the 1.5 mile run, none could do even one heave (pull up on a thick wooden bar).

None of them completed the jerry can carry, one even dropped the cans less than 1/5 the way.

If women are better endurance athletes how come in the army they get increased times like men get 10:30 for the run as a target women get 13:00?

How come?

EDIT: I've seen women in the army literally unable to do basic strength tests like they can't kick down a single door or carry a person on there backs. I guess it's because they're better athletes right?
edit on 21-8-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think the OP is right.

Women have better endurance in some things, take nagging for instance, they can go on and on and on, and really exhaust a man to the point where he just gives in, and the woman wins.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

Originally posted by satron
If you overlook the sexual divide in Olympic events, the men are faster than women in many of the respective events.

Men/Women 100 meter: 9.58/10.49

Men/Women 200 meter: 19.19/21.34

Men/Women 400 meter: 43.18/47.60

Men/Women 5000 meter: 12:37.35/14:11.15

Even though this doesn't back up what you're saying, I can understand that being not as bulky can help out endurance.
edit on 20-8-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

The point is that women are faster than men when graded by distance covered proportionally to height. So all things even, a woman that's a given height racing a man that's the same height will win if they're maximizing each of their bodies in training and diet. Whether it be sprinting or endurance.

I think there might be a few flaws in that one though it does seem logical. Such as wouldn't it be true that some people will burn energy faster hence have more power, than others regardless of gender? Besides i've been able to catch women of my hight and fitness level. But that might just be because they wanted it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
sorry but this thread doesnt make sence lol,

men are superior to woman

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Cockroaches can lift up to 8 times its own weight, and can resist radiation levels 15 times that of a human's capability. "BIOLOGICALLY SPEAKING" we are inferior to cockroaches. But no one is paying them a 10 Mil salary to play sports...Face it, the only time we wanna watch girls run is when their shirts are wet.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I've got alot of books on the design of humans. I'm sure that it one of the books it talks about females being slower runners than males due to the shape of the female pelvis. So wouldn't that mean that even at the same hight and build men would be faster and wouldn't use as much energy over distance due to lack of resistance?

It's the way the hunter and gatherer is designed. Such as the age old laugh men get from females because we might look akward holding a baby. The fact is that it's the shape of our arms our arms turn in which makes us stronger better spear throwers as where female arms turn out so not so good for throwing spears but great for holding babies. Now please don't jump all over me womens libers as this is studied and documented.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I don't see how running makes men or women superior but overall men are the better runners and its a fact that they can out run any woman of with a similar build or sprint.

I can't see the point in this thread but men are the stronger sex which is a fact because its in their nature.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Why are men 'better suited'?
Women produce far more estrogen which leads to an increased storage of body fat, this fat is used during endurance events as an added energy source.

Testosterone, produced in much higher amounts in men than in women has an inverse relationship with bodyfat, if anything this makes it harder for the men biologically because there is less bodyfat to draw on as energy. Testosterone also aids muscle growth, muscle is something like 4 times denser than fat which means that men are heavier, weight is a disadvantage when running therefore women have it easier.

See how easy it is? Women should be beasting men regardless of height, but men dominate everything.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Xadaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reposting this from previous page
this is the issue:

regardless of physical prowess, brain, heart or lung size, women and men are very different on so many levels, they are nearly different species. yet, they work together as a whole unit (man+woman) so efficiently (given the correct conditions) that together they are a formidable force of nature.

however, as a result of these differences and the psychological/emotional/spiritual/societal rightness that the two of them together create, there are 2 major differences that will almost always interfer with any concept of a "Better than you," approach:

1) men are geared, genetically, to think positively about themselves in order to achieve what is expected of them in society and in the man+woman scenario. this dynamic innately requires the woman or women of his society, home or planet, be part of the process (et.al, supportive and affirming his strengths). restricting or removing this part of the chain of a successful male psyche, results in malfunctions of the entire person, the society and the man+woman dynamic. admiration is the key to a successful man.

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. and is the core of why you see so many negative responses. you're fighting against DNA not muscle mass or lung size.

2) women are geared, genetically, to be needed in a positive way because of their attributes, be they intelligence, athletics, arts, sex or home making is irrelevant, as the primary focus is to be needed. this dynamic innately requires the man or men of her society, home or planet, be part of the process (et.al to need her in a positive way, affirming her reason for being and allowing her to express that in positive ways). restricting or removing this part of the chain of a successful female psyche, results in malfunctions of the entire person, the society and the man+woman dynamic. affirmation of her necessity in life is key to a successful woman.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Damn I got into this thread late. Hold for a second while I ummm ahhh ummm BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHA
Oh my HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

Every endurance event record from Marathons, Half Marathons, Iron man Triathlons, ULTRA MARATHONS is held by men and the fastest times are usually at least 10 minutes or so faster.

The Op said " I would like to see both men and women compete against each other in endurance sports. I think that the women would be that much faster when pitted against men. "

Uhh don't both male and females run the same marathon course? The typical gap in major 2009 marathons between the world's elite male and female runners was close to 20 minutes. 20 minutes in racing terms is a long time and a nice gap.

And not all the male marathon runners are tall some are 5"9 or shorter. ALSO LOOK AT THE WHEEL CHAIR RECORDS!!! They dont use their legs so no height advantage!! guess what? men still have the record! so their goes that argument.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is like arguing with someone whether rain is wet or not.. Its just stupid and pointless. I deal with facts and facts speak for themselves.

Also as what has already been noted PT tests for military are much less harsh for females.

Take the ELITE Male and Female of any endurance sport and compare their times, thats all the proof you need.

One more thing ive lifted weights off and on for 15+ years my fiance got me into running last year at 36 years old, im now 37. I used to couldn't keep up with her now I blow her doors off in distance and speed.

Of course a woman who has trained longer and harder will more than likely beat a man who hasn't trained as hard or put as much time in. But like I said put the best of the class in the male and female population in any distance contest and see who the winners are... Just look up your local 5k, 10k, HM, and marathon results. Do it and report to me your findings. Its gonna be the men winning them. GET OVER IT

PS to the OP yes id challenge you to a foot race, a 5k or even a half marathon and I prob outweigh you by 70 lbs that is if you will get your butt off that bike . Yes I think running is harder than cycling.

Id also challenge you in push ups and pull ups that is if you can do MEN push ups and real pull ups not that kipping crap,,,

Now go watch GI Jane for the 10th time

edit on 21-8-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

No , the end of everything is a fight.... want to fight and see who wins?
But i have been training in krav maga for 3 years ... i may have an advantage.

Just my two cents.

PS: To the guy above me ..... aparantly you havnt had a Psycho woman that yells at you while you're on her bike telling you go to go faster ... stand up blah blah blah. They can make it harder than running real quick with the resistance and what not.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Men are superior athletes because they have physical advantages over women.

I do however believe that a man and women with equal height and fitness have a 50/50 chance each of winning if pitted to fight against each other.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

So are most of these guys probably. They just want to vent out their frustration in a place where they do not have to deal with any lasting consequences.

haha....Well, over the computer we don't have to worry about the stare... You know...the one that has the power to render us sterile, from fear

See? You women do have a superiority! If I tried to give a woman " the stare" They would just laugh at me....

edit on 21-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

I do however believe that a man and women with equal height and fitness have a 50/50 chance each of winning if pitted to fight against each other.

I also think you have to add age to the equation. Older men and older women in their 30s have better endurance than men and women in their 20s.

My guess to who has the best endurance between men and women depend on who has most will to Winn at the end of the race. A fit male who is not determined to win, has a less chance to win over a female that is determined to win.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AnalyticalDreamer

Please read the link I provided that identified all endurance sports. Your little army intro test had zero endurance activities on it. Like it or not, not even your 1.5 mile run is endurance. 1.5 miles to a real runner is a sprint. How come? How come? Because you're not reading the post that's how come.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How is this thread in Education forum?
If anything it should be either in the Rubbish pile, jokes or the hoax threads.

OOPS my mistake, i know now how this thread is in the education forum, as it shows just how uneducated and ingorant the OP is to the facts concerning male physical dominance over the woman in sporting and athletic events.

Dont get me wrong,
I believe that women are equal to and surpass men in alot of or daily duty's. And that they the women are even smarter than us men in alot of things.
However i dont agree with the OP on her point of view on this thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

It's a fact that the fastest woman endurance runner in history pushed her body 2% harder than the fastest man. She's a better athlete than the fastest man. Maybe not faster, but better. She was about 20 minutes behind him, which is a close finish in an endurance race. Did you even read the article?

If they could race I'd love to see it. If you're that close, the outright victory could go either way. I think that you, like other men are scared to admit that given the chance women would not always be second place. After all not every race is a world record setting event. In time I think it will happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by Jepic

I also think you have to add age to the equation. Older men and older women in their 30s have better endurance than men and women in their 20s.

My guess to who has the best endurance between men and women depend on who has most will to Winn at the end of the race. A fit male who is not determined to win, has a less chance to win over a female that is determined to win.

I agree with everything you said but I have no idea which decade is the prime of a human. I think it's the 20's. Since I'm 20 and feel as strong as ever.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This makes a lot of sense, IMO. Women appear to have better stamina than men while men appear to have more strength. As if men were designed to utilize strong bursts of strength while women were designed to work at a longer, steady pace.

This is very evident at the gym when you mostly see the males working out with weights in short bursts of strength while women generally hog the cardio machines at a steady low resistance pace.

Or in general life. For instance, a man is more likely to have jobs consisting of manual labor requiring intense bursts of strength while women generally work just as long if not longer but at a steady pace doing lighter work.

Even looking at my husband and myself. He can lift weights while I crumble over just looking at them but I can ride by bike for hours without breaking a sweat while he faints at the thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join