It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are better endurance athelettes than men.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am very tired and have not read this ENTIRE thread, BUT; From what I have read, I see one disturbing trend. A serious separation of the sexes. This is not good. Men and Women are EQUAL!!! There is no which one is better than the other. We need each other. I am a married man and I understand the extreme importance of both sexes.

If society as a whole doesn't get over this separation (among other separations) we will NEVER solve anything wrong with this world.

WE. ARE. ONE.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

Originally posted by satron
If you overlook the sexual divide in Olympic events, the men are faster than women in many of the respective events.

Men/Women 100 meter: 9.58/10.49

Men/Women 200 meter: 19.19/21.34

Men/Women 400 meter: 43.18/47.60

Men/Women 5000 meter: 12:37.35/14:11.15

Even though this doesn't back up what you're saying, I can understand that being not as bulky can help out endurance.
edit on 20-8-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

The point is that women are faster than men when graded by distance covered proportionally to height. So all things even, a woman that's a given height racing a man that's the same height will win if they're maximizing each of their bodies in training and diet. Whether it be sprinting or endurance.

Bigot much? You seriously exposed yourself as a bigot. Because in your zeal to proclaim women as the "master gender" you are forgetting one simple thing: Individuality. There is a Russian Woman who killed a bear with her bare hands.

And to top it off you have no proof other than projections and calculations. With all the athletes out there in this world there has to be a pro male and pro female athlete's with the same height/similar weight. You could compare their records as a preliminary thing or have them race each other.

This is what I mean by the "all girls club mentality" or the sheer level of anti male bigotry in the West and why the West is doomed to another dark age.

It is sad that the moderators allow such blatant bigotry but I suppose better to error on the side of caution in order to ensure the free exchange of ideas.
edit on 21-8-2011 by korathin because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midyew
I am very tired and have not read this ENTIRE thread, BUT; From what I have read, I see one disturbing trend. A serious separation of the sexes. This is not good. Men and Women are EQUAL!!! There is no which one is better than the other. We need each other. I am a married man and I understand the extreme importance of both sexes.

If society as a whole doesn't get over this separation (among other separations) we will NEVER solve anything wrong with this world.

WE. ARE. ONE.

NO men and women are not EQUAL. And any who think so will be in for a rude awakening, not saying that males are better, or that females are better. But there not equal that's for sure, even a blind man can see that.

Both males and females have things about them that make the other sex either love or hate them, and in some things one or the other is usually better at, but such is life. If we were all equal then there would not be any such thing as male or female gender. So love it or hate it....it is what it is.

But I know its all semantics so I wont even bother. You might want to reevaluate what equal means to you, and what equal actually means. A dictionary would help.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well I happen to think Stargate did very well in this discussion when everyone was ganging up on her. As you will notice in the earlier part of the thread she was quite respectful and very on topic while debating intelligently. Her discourse changed as she was forced to defend herself.

So good job Stargate keep it up

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I honestly saw her being rude right off the bat, and I read EVERY comment so far.

"Women are better if we take away mans natural advantage!"
well...yea. Guess what, when you shoot me in the leg, I bet ya'd win too!

Honestly, this thread seems pathetic, and she seems to just be a man-hater, seeing some of her posts on other threads

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Whats the deal with people and the equality bs, no one is equal in this world we are all different, I've played sports gone to school and lived life enough to realize that no one is equal. It's what makes you different that makes you better. For instance a person may be bigger and stronger compared to a smaller and quicker person or people are born into better circumstances than others not equal right? Equality is a myth and is too politically correct in my opinion. Women do not play with men for a reason...get over it people. I have never seen a man go play in a womens league but I alwasys see a women try and play in a mens league...I wonder why? Thats right men are better physically, so what? This thread is like saying Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Deon Sanders etc...wouldn't be as good if they weren't a man...thanks for the laugh. Put the best women in those respected sports and tell me what happens...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Your willingness to play Devil's Advocate and back the underdog is admirable. But this has been a Troll thread from the beginning with the OP in complete denial of facts, logic or reason when it comes to the topic at hand. I'm still not quite sure why I took the bait to begin with, maybe I am just tired of seeing these male-bashing threads go uncontested here on ATS.
edit on 21/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yea well I still admire her for sticking with it. Takes alot of guts to stand up to you guys when you smell blood. I know

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Why is this thread in the education and media forum ?

Boxing is an endurance sport. Although I'd never hit lady. Well maybe a lady bigfoot. What was the topic again?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey i've been smacked pretty darn good by ladies before. They can surprise you, especially when your drunk and say something you shouldn't.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Is there really anything you shouldn't say ? Come to think of it, I've been clocked a couple times myself.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh man, ive fought a few woman, its not the punches thatll get ya, its the kicks! those hips make for one strong base!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

What I remember most of all, is how they took full advantage of me LMAO at what I said. What ever the hell it was.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Please forgive me for not reading the 11 pages before. In which endurance sport (Olympic or Commonwealth for example) are women better at being endurance athletes than men at? Physiologically women and men are slightly different, women are 'better' at some things (in general) than men and vica versa.

If there are not any real world examples I believe the results of said study are flawed.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by randyvs

Hey i've been smacked pretty darn good by ladies before. They can surprise you, especially when your drunk and say something you shouldn't.

Anyone who brags about allowing another human being(male or female) to abuse them is a very pathetic person. Granted violence is a horrible thing but one does have the right to use reasonable force to defend themselves.

In the case of the average female assaulting the average male use the middle of your arm(bone) to block at the aggressors wrist bone area. Almost in a karate chop type fashion. Any injury or bruise caused would prove that she was the aggressor as you can't use that move in an offensive manner at all.

The fact is total equality between humans is pipe dream that can only cause sorrow and misery. What we should strive for is equality within the law and the betterment of the human condition. That is the only real equality that can ever be achieved and will make our world a much better place.

But as I said above abuse is never justifiable. If you say something stupid that doesn't justify someone hitting you, it justifies them saying "well *&^%&%^$" and the person never wanting to talk to you again. By allowing women to hit men that say something disagreeable to them society is continuing to treat women as perpetual children. The only thing that men as a class are really guilty of doing to women(everything else was woman on woman-see Mothers of the Republic the women's rights movement that chased women out of the workforce).

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I believe it's written in the Bible and the Constitution and in heiroglyphics in the Pyramids that use of the "C" word gives the woman a right to beat you within an inch of your life and then receive a medal from Congress.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

OMG
You're a better man than me for even go'in there. YIKES !

Korathin

I've found that it's a lot more of challenge, to try and block every shot with my face and try not to spill a drop at the same time. I always have the fear that if I set down my beer. The lil woman just might pick it up and hit me with it. Screw that I tell ya !

edit on 21-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I believe it's written in the Bible and the Constitution and in heiroglyphics in the Pyramids that use of the "C" word gives the woman a right to beat you within an inch of your life and then receive a medal from Congress.

No. I could probably guess your ethnicity though. I have noticed that the Anglo(English)/Scott-Irish men seem to be woman-worshipers and Anglo/Scott Irish women tend to act more domineering "lord of the House" type thing.

Growing up in a German American family I just can't understand your mentality. As no one was really in charge(well between the parents/grand parents it seemed equal growing up. Heck even my grandparents seemed to have an equal minded mentality. More of what needs to be done and how best to do it then nonsense ego drivel) and Anglo gender norms seem so alien and barbaric, almost how Anglo's view Muslim's Sharia.

I am being serious, as a person that works in customer service type job Anglo women seem to rule their families and men(makes sense as traditionalism and feminism was started by Anglo women). Heck I already had Anglo female coworkers that even as trainees try to act superior over me(that really ticks me off as I hate dominating others and hate being dominated myself).

And Anglo/Scott Irish American men then have to act either self depreciating or in an aggressive macho type shenanigan's that is just annoying to real people.

(Big Disclaimer, my observations are only valid for Anglo-Scott Irish Americans)
----
srry mods, website must of lagged or something.. but really really really sorry for the super post's..

edit on 21-8-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join