It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What if Ron Paul.....

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Died of old age in his sleep tomorrow, came down with alzheimers, dementia etc... where would his support go, is there any candidate out there radical enough for you?

Would it take a persona such as Jesse Ventura to step into the fray to keep you from rioting in the streets with no Ron Paul around?




posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Probably nowhere. It's fairly obvious that most Ron Paul supporters don't vote considering his massive support in his last bid for President and his very poor showing at the polls.

Arm chair pundits I think they are called.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Probably nowhere. It's fairly obvious that most Ron Paul supporters don't vote considering his massive support in his last bid for President and his very poor showing at the polls.

Arm chair pundits I think they are called.


....or the voting system is fraudulent. Voter fraud I think they call it.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32
 


You know...I notice you on here bashing Ron Paul. Why is this?
What of his principles are so terrible that you disagree what appears to be so whole-heartedly against him?

Please mention them. All of them. I mean, there has to be more than just one or two...

Are you against personal freedom or something?

As far the OP. I can't answer that. I just hope nothing so dire happens to Ron Paul.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sooooooooooo many Ron Paul threads on here. Ron Paul lovefests and Ron Paul bashings -- this is getting annoying. You guys should take this stuff to Ron Paul forums or somewhere.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Died of old age in his sleep tomorrow, came down with alzheimers, dementia etc... where would his support go, is there any candidate out there radical enough for you?

Would it take a persona such as Jesse Ventura to step into the fray to keep you from rioting in the streets with no Ron Paul around?

Even if I could resurrect Thomas Jefferson I'm sure the last thing he'd want to do at this point is be president now.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 



Died of old age in his sleep tomorrow, came down with alzheimers, dementia etc... where would his support go, is there any candidate out there radical enough for you?

If he died today I just wouldn't support anyone. So I guess my support for him would just go to heaven [or hell or wherever] with him.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
reply to post by kro32
 


You know...I notice you on here bashing Ron Paul. Why is this?
What of his principles are so terrible that you disagree what appears to be so whole-heartedly against him?

Please mention them. All of them. I mean, there has to be more than just one or two...

Are you against personal freedom or something?

As far the OP. I can't answer that. I just hope nothing so dire happens to Ron Paul.


I've listed my reasons multiple times and i'm not bashing him at all. There is nothing wrong with not agreeing with someone's political views. I think he is a very stand-up person who believes in what he says I just don't happen to think he is as constitutional as people make him out to be and i've given many examples of this.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


If he died today, we need to find someone with his integrity, and tenacity, and the intelligence to see through the bull# the way Ron Paul does. There might not be a frontrunner that can do it, but there are some people out there. I'm one of them, I'd run if I had the monetary support. There was a guy in 2010 named Paul McKain that ran for a US House seat here in my district. He has what it takes, but he doesn't have the monetary support.

Right Now, we just need to focus on supporting Ron Paul, and making sure we don't let that support roll over to some mainstream candidate like Perry. They are definitely not the same candidate, even if they are both from Texas and both on a Republican ticket.

NO MORE COMPROMISES!!!



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Sooooooooooo many Ron Paul threads on here. Ron Paul lovefests and Ron Paul bashings -- this is getting annoying. You guys should take this stuff to Ron Paul forums or somewhere.



What's really annoying is all the RP bashers that don't come up with a viable alternative. They whine and moan about "TPTB", corporate cronyism, elitists, and Taxocrats. But when you get right down to actual reasons, as well as alternatives, the crickets are deafening.

"He's unelectable!"
"Why is he unelectable?"
"Because TPTB won't let him be president!"
"What if they did?"
"Well...they won't!"
"OK, then, who besides Ron Paul would be a good candidate?"
"...umm...Ron Paul is unelectable!"

/TOA



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


I will agree with you on keeping Perry out of office for sure. He is tied with Bachmann for bottom feeders in this election.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Probably nowhere. It's fairly obvious that most Ron Paul supporters don't vote considering his massive support in his last bid for President and his very poor showing at the polls.

Arm chair pundits I think they are called.


One thing a lot of people in 2007/2008 didn't know about were the Primaries. No one realized many states have closed primaries and this resulted in far less than expected numbers. In addition, there were a lot of reports of fraud. People clicking RP's name and it highlighting McCain. Granny's 4 Ron Paul had their paypal account closed and the $13,000 vanished. Not to mention no one was anticipating such harsh black outs from the media. This time we have called them on it and several news channels have made the black outs a major story. We're not going to be ignored this time.

To the OP:

If Ron Paul died he would be deeply missed. We may back Gary Johnson or request Rand Paul to run. But just to bring a smile to your face, watch this video:



His age is completely irrelevant.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ
 


Why would his age be irrelevant? Whoever is his VP if he were to win would be a sure fire shot at the main office because there is little odds Ron Paul could survive another 8 years in full mental capacity to carry out his policies. He is already in the old age zone.

The Texas Governor as his VP would be his only chance to get full GOP backing as the winner of GOP Primaries. The VP would actually be more considered the President in waiting than at any other time in American History. People then might vote for Ron Paul just to vote for the other guy, who would eventually be the real President.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


You didn't watch the video, huh? His age is irrelevant because he is in better shape than most 20 year old people. And you can't possibly suggest Perry as his VP.
They are polar opposites and Perry is scum. Ron Paul has called Perry 'status quo' on every interview he's been on lately. None of the other GOP candidates with the exception of maybe Gary Johnson even come close to being as conservative or Constitutional as Ron Paul.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


You didn't watch the video, huh? His age is irrelevant because he is in better shape than most 20 year old people. And you can't possibly suggest Perry as his VP.
They are polar opposites and Perry is scum. Ron Paul has called Perry 'status quo' on every interview he's been on lately. None of the other GOP candidates with the exception of maybe Gary Johnson even come close to being as conservative or Constitutional as Ron Paul.


They always oppose each other and sling mud at each other when running, then in the end they do some man hugs and masonic handshakes, and all is cozy again.
Ron Paul was an Independant, he sacrificed his stand to join the GOP to better his platform, selecting Perry is the exact same thing, don't dismiss it. Your unconditional devotion blinds you.

As for some video claiming he will outlive the world, well historical evidence is against that piece of propaganda.
edit on 20-8-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

They always oppose each other and sling mud at each other when running, then in the end they do some man hugs and masonic handshakes, and all is cozy again.
Ron Paul was an Independant, he sacrificed his stand to join the GOP to better his platform, selecting Perry is the exact same thing, don't dismiss it. Your unconditional devotion blinds you.


I hate to say it but I think you've been on ATS too long.
Every time you or someone mentions him being a mason or some conspiracy, you fail to have links. I think until the proof is legit, it's probably more beneficial to not even bring it up.

As for the other part, Ron Paul ran as an Independent in 1988 but realized that not only is running 3rd party super expensive, it doesn't get the attention it needs or deserves. It isn't logical to make a run for the Presidency in this country without joining the two-party system. Unfortunately. If Ron Paul picked Perry as his VP, he would never again be able to say he's a Conservative or consistent. He would be a hypocrite in my opinion. It is his consistency and determination that won my support and that of other supporters. I have no worries that Rick Perry will lose the nomination and hopefully get kicked out of the Governor's mansion in Texas. He has no place in Washington D.C. when Ron Paul becomes President though.



posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ron Paul 2008 campaign woke up millions of people. He has done more in the last couple years to wake America up then us old time patriots had done in the last 30 years. This campaign will wake millions more and if he is not elected he is watering the tree of liberty and it is growing and sprouting in the hearts of millions of people and will eventually bear fruit and change this broken system!



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

They always oppose each other and sling mud at each other when running, then in the end they do some man hugs and masonic handshakes, and all is cozy again.
Ron Paul was an Independant, he sacrificed his stand to join the GOP to better his platform, selecting Perry is the exact same thing, don't dismiss it. Your unconditional devotion blinds you.


I hate to say it but I think you've been on ATS too long.
Every time you or someone mentions him being a mason or some conspiracy, you fail to have links. I think until the proof is legit, it's probably more beneficial to not even bring it up.

As for the other part, Ron Paul ran as an Independent in 1988 but realized that not only is running 3rd party super expensive, it doesn't get the attention it needs or deserves. It isn't logical to make a run for the Presidency in this country without joining the two-party system. Unfortunately. If Ron Paul picked Perry as his VP, he would never again be able to say he's a Conservative or consistent. He would be a hypocrite in my opinion. It is his consistency and determination that won my support and that of other supporters. I have no worries that Rick Perry will lose the nomination and hopefully get kicked out of the Governor's mansion in Texas. He has no place in Washington D.C. when Ron Paul becomes President though.


The exact same argument you just used for him being a hypocrit and leaving the Independant platform for the GOP one, can be used to make excuses for Ron Paul when he picks Perry as his VP. No difference.



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


The simple answer is that they're polar opposites. Perry isn't fiscally responsible. He didn't support the TSA legislation. He is a complete corporate shill and on top of all that, he is a Bilderberg member. The guy needs to be kept far far far from Washington D.C. (despite the fact that he could easily blend with the other political scum there)



posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


The simple answer is that they're polar opposites. Perry isn't fiscally responsible. He didn't support the TSA legislation. He is a complete corporate shill and on top of all that, he is a Bilderberg member. The guy needs to be kept far far far from Washington D.C. (despite the fact that he could easily blend with the other political scum there)


You are looking over the fact that Perry would give GOP legitimacy to Ron Paul's campaign. The full backing of the Party could then be put behind him. That is the only avenue of chance to win he could ever steer to if he really wants to win. He changed Parties for a chance to win, this is no different.
What would you say if he made this move? Would he lose all of his supporters and cash them in for the multitudes more he would gain by having the full GOP power behind him?



new topics




 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join