It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is Exploding!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
What I think it comes down too is that people are looking to put their faith in a person they think can "save" them from (what they think is) the impeding doom.

Ron Paul isn't going to save you the same as those other presidential candidates aren't going to save you. I understand the want and need for things to be turned around, but in order to get the whole ship turned around it will take congress too.

Sure the president can bring the troops home with the stroke of a pen, and then congress can band together and have charges trumped up on him and have him removed from being president. Clinton was impeached(not convicted) for getting sexual gratification not from his wife. What makes you think they can't piece something together for any president?

You need to realize that you are dealing with a machine not just one person, and replacing one cog in the machine might make is run not as smoothly but it will still truck on down the tracks.

The position of president of the U.S is the biggest COG in the machine... if it weren't do you think the msm would be trying hide Ron Paul from the networks so bad? its not working... we need a president that stands by the constitution of the United States.. Ron Paul took an oath to protect the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.. he is doing his duty. If you think there's something wrong with this then I really don't know what to say..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

Sadly, that is most likely true. Money makes things happen, however how many times have you been told you can't do something and that makes you want to do it even more. Sometimes you fail, sometimes you pull it off. You never hit a home run unless you swing.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

You make some good points, however, the Office of the President has the distinct advantabe of the bully pulpit. We've repeatedly seen Obama take advantage of that fact. Many Americans have learned what the true nature of the challenges that face our nation are from listening to Dr. Paul. And, as evidenced by the increased political chatter concerning the Federal Reserve, he is further educating "mainstream" Americans.

As President, he will have access to the American people, who will increasingly come to respect his no nonsense approach.
edit on 21-8-2011 by robyn because: typo

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

and whats this about younger candidates?
reply to post by freepatriot

The whole "younger candidates" thing came at the last Presidential electdion when Democrat operatives were trying to discount McCain on account of his age. In the past, people have been discounted because they were too young. Wasn't JFK like the youngest for a long time?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by kro32
The central government at the time had ZERO power to enforce the few responsibilities they had so they needed a new form of govermnent. Now Ron Paul wishes to return us to a system we already broke away from due to it's failure.

That system did not fail...I don't remember reading about any state ever failing in the US, do you?

Unless you are talking about that lost....51st state?

Oh! Yes, the system under the original US Constitution did fail, the civil war is the proof.

You can't pretend that you can have semantically meaningless things like a sovereign union of sovereign states or liberty in conjunction with slavery etc, not forever anyway. The US did so for 90 years. The result of the civil war put the sovereignty firmly in the hands of the federal institutions.

Since then adherence to the constitution was only when convenient.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

To remove power from the States? I'm sorry but are you serious? You contradict yourself so much it's almost an art. Do I smell a D.I.A. ?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

It seems strange to me that all of you are still talking about the political side of things when this man shows some real promise in the Federal Reserve issue. The day you Americans lost your freedom was in 1913, when the Federal Reserve was instated. The brits lost the war, therefore they decided to take the US back through economics. It worked.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Observor

It seems strange to me that all of you are still talking about the political side of things when this man shows some real promise in the Federal Reserve issue. The day you Americans lost your freedom was in 1913, when the Federal Reserve was instated. The brits lost the war, therefore they decided to take the US back through economics. It worked.

There are a lot us non-Americans commenting here for sure

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

i feel like he's so good he must be part of the "deception" like Obama when everyone loved him..... just search for the masonic gestures of Ron Paul....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by erzebet

How much did anyone know about Obama before he became president? That he was a senator for 2-3 years?

Paul has a lot more experience under his belt, and a proven track record. But why am I even responding, your another one of those with a low post count.

No one is acting like Ron Paul is the second coming, will he be able to solve everything? Nope, Will he be just another politician that won't do what he promises to do - perhaps. But to some of us, he is the one last chance of someone trying to right the wrongs that been going on for decades.

edit on 21-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by erzebet

Another recently registered member with low post count attacking Ron Paul on baseless claims and the 'masonic handgestures'

Let me state it again, it is sign language for love.

There is no masonic/demonic/illuminati connection with Ron Paul, it is completely false and there is zero evidence backing this claim up.

There are tons of new members that registered for the sole reason of misdirecting current and potential Ron Paul supporters, it is an interesting phenomenon that I've noticed for the past few years.

There also is no comparison between Obama and Ron Paul. We know the history of Ron Paul and his voting record, we don't know Obama's. Obama ran his campaign off charm and slogans of hope. Ron Paul runs his campaign off truth and speaking from the heart. There is a major difference, you don't even have to look FOR it, but you do have to look AT it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Indeed. I too don't see Paul as the ultimate messianic messenger, but he does hold values that I think many Americans share--myself included--that need to be brought back into the political realm in a much larger capacity.

Besides, Obama has shown his true colors--he did before he was even elected, but most people didn't realize it--and we need some serious change for our country both from a domestic stance as well as foreign. I don't see Obama nor any of the other Republican candidates putting forth as much intellectual effort as Paul.

This is why I voted for Paul back in 2008 and will vote for him again--all the other candidates pale in comparison. The recent media "coverage" is proof of this.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
What I think it comes down too is that people are looking to put their faith in a person they think can "save" them from (what they think is) the impeding doom.

Ron Paul isn't going to save you the same as those other presidential candidates aren't going to save you. I understand the want and need for things to be turned around, but in order to get the whole ship turned around it will take congress too.

Sure the president can bring the troops home with the stroke of a pen, and then congress can band together and have charges trumped up on him and have him removed from being president. Clinton was impeached(not convicted) for getting sexual gratification not from his wife. What makes you think they can't piece something together for any president?

You need to realize that you are dealing with a machine not just one person, and replacing one cog in the machine might make is run not as smoothly but it will still truck on down the tracks.

Yes...you have stated very clearly and intelligently the reality of it all. Why don't more people realize this?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele
ron paul here..ron paul there..ron paul everywhere.. all the talks about him..wow!
ok so he gets elected. Then what? do you guys honestly believe that those who are above him will let him do whatever reformations he wants? Forget about it. they will just take him out.
And to those who believe in "voting" - let me tell you, that elections are over before they even start. Its all predetermined

I agree with you but even if this publicity of Ron Paul wakes up only a few people, it will all be worth it.

The expectations may not play out as hoped but the idea is sound. And inspirational.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele
ron paul here..ron paul there..ron paul everywhere.. all the talks about him..wow!
ok so he gets elected. Then what? do you guys honestly believe that those who are above him will let him do whatever reformations he wants? Forget about it. they will just take him out.
And to those who believe in "voting" - let me tell you, that elections are over before they even start. Its all predetermined

Hi...please elaborate....how do you know that all of the elections are predetermined? Also...what do you mean by...."they will just take him out" ?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I was thinking on the same lines. I can't even imagine who he would have in his cabinet. If they assassinate him would the American people have an "Arab Summer"?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing how afraid the mainstream politicians, their cronies-slash-lobbyists, disinfo agents on ATS (yes. you are all obvious) and the entire bilderburg structure of media and beyond are of RP. If what he says isn't something that would put the fear of unemploymenet in all their fatasses, then why are they and others trying SO HARD to discredit him? The harder they try, the worse it will get for them. Open your eyes America. Time to take our country back from the crooked sobs that have been running it... into the ground.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

RP supporters didn't invent straw polls and we're not pretending they are statistically valid indicators of outcomes, that's what the media does. As a RP supporter since '07 I have seen the blatant media blackout of the guy and now it looks like this time it's going to bite them in the ass. The more people flail their arms dissing RP the more it raises interest in the guy and then, as soon as someone says, "let me take a look at this nutball." (if they are logically consistent in thinking of solutions to problems) they have to realize this guy is so much more on the ball than the rest of them he could probably run the country back in the black singlehandedly. I don't see him having a cabinet or even veep.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
all the ron paul supporters should start having ralley in there hometown so we can help get him elected since the lame street media wont throw him a bone

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

thanks for the support : ) I was worried for a moment about being flamed but then I remembered I am:

1) American/Iranian
2) US Marine
3) Muslim/Catholic (yes it can be done, during the day I am muslim and at night I am Catholic, I eat pork and drink whiskey...you see being half and half gives me 2 paths to heaven in the afterlife as well)
4) Independent Conservative

You see no one ever flames me they are too politically correct... ; )

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join