It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is Exploding!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
I guess I should also take this moment to bring up the position that I think there are better candidates out there than Ron Paul, I just feel that Ron Paul just seems to have the strongest grass roots following and is there for more exposed.

I would say that time would be better spent researching younger candidates that have the same goals as Ron Paul and starting to give them exposure. If we take this approach I feel that by 2020 the grass roots will have found a viable candidate that everyone can somewhat agree upon and put all their money behind that one person. Then at that point it is just about marketing the candidate.

by 2020 the U.S prob wont exist the way we are headed just like the Roman Empire we need someone in there NOW. and whats this about younger candidates? whatever happened with the notion that with age comes wisdom and experience? Ronald Reagen was 76 his 2nd term...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
Sorry man, but IMO, the frequency of Ron Paul threads has exceeded SPAM proportions. I HATE having anything shoved down my throat like this and wouldn't vote for the guy just because of stuff lile this.

Enough already!

you call 3 out of 30 new threads spam?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

People that post in spam threads are not really stopping the spam, huh?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

Wow, that's a pretty deep reason for not supporting a candidate that could bring true change. I bet you'd vote for Sarah Palin because "she's hot", huh? Ron Paul is the only candidate that may actually stop our decline into the movie Idiocracy, and the people are supporting him. It's called a grass roots effort, and since the people don't have millions to dump into candidates THEY want, they rely on spreading the word to other people. Nobody is trying to get your money, this isn't spamming. Just trying to combat the current system, in which a few super rich corporations drown out the voices of the people.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Bachmann all the way screw RP....I mean look what Bachmann promised:

"Bachmann's claims that she could bring gasoline prices below $2 if elected"

2 freakin dollars a gallon, I could start rolling joints with dollar bills again (sweet) and image during negotiations with China she get one of her famous migraines while "aunt flow is visiting" and says F$%k it, nuke em, she would then have solved our loss of manufacturing job problem as well...is everyone retarded she is the greatest candidate and thing since hemorrhoids... actually I believe she may be Obama's half white sister...??? think about it all the ridiculous campaign comments and promises...sounds an a-full lot like 2008 with-ought the fainting.

hahahahahahaha much sarcasm here GO Ron Paul...!

If you read this and thought it was silly, give me a break its Sunday I am board and started drinking early...

sniper out...!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

Presidents have executive powers, there are some things he can do by himself, as commander in chief he can bring the troops home, for one. And as for the rest of your post, you're not the first that has stated those things, but like the others, you seem to be resigned to this fate, and offer no fight whatsoever. You can cower in a corner, afraid of TPTB all you want, but the many of us are ready for change, and we're gonna fight for it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariele
ron paul here..ron paul there..ron paul everywhere.. all the talks about him..wow!
ok so he gets elected. Then what? do you guys honestly believe that those who are above him will let him do whatever reformations he wants? Forget about it. they will just take him out.
And to those who believe in "voting" - let me tell you, that elections are over before they even start. Its all predetermined

its not predetermined its manipulated there a big diff this is still a republic and the voters still choose there president. this is prob the last chance we have to get someone in that stands for freedom.. in the future when reflecting back to this time will you remember yourself as someone that contributed to freedom or contributed to fascism.... lets hope you remember yourself contributing to the right cause

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

Nothing wrong with a little silliness, we could all use a good laugh! Not only will Bachmann bring gas to 2 bucks a gallon, she'll also resurrect Elvis, and defeat the Soviet Union!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

ok so he gets elected. Then what? do you guys honestly believe that those who are above him will let him do whatever reformations he wants?
Ending the wars, yes. Ending the Drug War, yes. Restoring constitutional liberty to America, yes. Now will the wealthy elite let him do these things? They're going to try real hard to stop him, that's for sure.

Forget about it. they will just take him out.
I agree with you here, there was a recent thread about the origins of the banksters and how they have influenced our presidential elections and killed presidents that threaten the Federal Reserve, and Ron Paul is one of them. They will use every trick in the book to try and stop him. The people who run the Federal Reserve are behind all of this biased MSM garbage, and there is a good chance that they will try to assassinate him if he is elected as president. I just hope he wears a bulletproof vest underneath his bulletproof presidential suit.

And to those who believe in "voting" - let me tell you, that elections are over before they even start. Its all predetermined
What makes you say that? I definitely believe that the canditates themselves are bought out and predetermined (Ron Paul excluded), but I don't believe that the voting system is completely bought out too yet.

What I see as more likely is TPTB select candidates from both sides, Republican and Democrat, so either way the Americans think they are voting for the right president when in reality they are both puppets to the wealthy elite that basically run this country.
edit on 21-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: to edit my post

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
and one wonders why we are in this mess......

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am a Ron Paul supporter. I just finished his boom "The Revolution." I do not agree with everything, but I don't agree with much at all on any other candidate. Bachman promised a return to $2.00 gas the other day. What an ignorant lie! She has no clue that this is almost impossible.
Anyhow, my fear is that we are giving too much blame, as well as credit, to the POTUS, and of Pauls ability to change the course. The world is interwoven on many levels, and other parts of government as well as the wealthy elite and military industrial side would all need to support Paul. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it just might be a very very slow U-Turn for us. Still better than the alternative of course.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by freepatriot

It has nothing to do with his age, it has everything to do with the fact that how many decades has it taken for him to garner 3% of the nations vote? How long and how many times has he run for president?

And yes America will still be around in 2020. Maybe a little more totalitarian, as that is the direction that things have been consistently moving and broker a lot broker.

The fact is Ron Paul getting elected isn't really going to change anything, what we need is more people like him in Congress as they are the ones that actually legislate and they have the power to override and remove if necessary any president.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

The president of the U.S has the power to do tremendous change without congressional approval... like bringing our troops home for one..
edit on 21-8-2011 by freepatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by conar

Originally posted by freepatriot
Ron Paul has raised nearly 1.7 million dollars!

too bad they will stop the donation soon, it just keeps on going

This is just the birthday moneybomb they are running.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

And what else?

Bring our troops home, that our congress can do too. The president can send the Federal Reserve a Pink Slip, but then how is the president going to legislate the replacing legal structure seeing how our congress will act completely stupid as to what happens after the Central Bank goes away?

People just need to wake up to the fact that although I agree with a lot of Ron Paul's stances and whatnot, he will only compound our problems.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

But, consider for a moment the change that would accompany a second Obama term, a Bachmann or Perry (shiver) presidency. The further loss of liberty, increased draconian regulations, and the ever stregthening corporate-government plutocracy is the result.

The ship is on a collision course with an iceberg and the above scenarios only amount to rearranging the deck chairs. President Paul will change the heading. Plus, if TSHTF I would feel a heck of a lot better having a man of ingegrity at the helm.

edit on 21-8-2011 by robyn because: typos

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

And what else?

Bring our troops home, that our congress can do too.

Congress can, maybe - if they are willing. The president is also the Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces. He holds higher authority than the SecDef or Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

And what else?

Bring our troops home, that our congress can do too. The president can send the Federal Reserve a Pink Slip, but then how is the president going to legislate the replacing legal structure seeing how our congress will act completely stupid as to what happens after the Central Bank goes away?

People just need to wake up to the fact that although I agree with a lot of Ron Paul's stances and whatnot, he will only compound our problems.

congress hasn't done it have they?? and what problems would he compound ???

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Id go for a lame duck obama presidency over a perry or bachman presidency

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What I think it comes down too is that people are looking to put their faith in a person they think can "save" them from (what they think is) the impeding doom.

Ron Paul isn't going to save you the same as those other presidential candidates aren't going to save you. I understand the want and need for things to be turned around, but in order to get the whole ship turned around it will take congress too.

Sure the president can bring the troops home with the stroke of a pen, and then congress can band together and have charges trumped up on him and have him removed from being president. Clinton was impeached(not convicted) for getting sexual gratification not from his wife. What makes you think they can't piece something together for any president?

You need to realize that you are dealing with a machine not just one person, and replacing one cog in the machine might make is run not as smoothly but it will still truck on down the tracks.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What I think it comes down too is that people are looking to put their faith in a person they think can "save" them from (what they think is) the impeding doom.

Ron Paul isn't going to save you the same as those other presidential candidates aren't going to save you. I understand the want and need for things to be turned around, but in order to get the whole ship turned around it will take congress too.

Sure the president can bring the troops home with the stroke of a pen, and then congress can band together and have charges trumped up on him and have him removed from being president. Clinton was impeached(not convicted) for getting sexual gratification not from his wife. What makes you think they can't piece something together for any president?

You need to realize that you are dealing with a machine not just one person, and replacing one cog in the machine might make is run not as smoothly but it will still truck on down the tracks.

Ron Paul is generating a groundswell of REAL hope, unlike the clown in the white house now.

You must think everyone is stupid, or that you know more than everyone else. You are not saying anything that everyone doesn't already know.

What a freakin' killjoy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join