It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is Exploding!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I'm afraid the quoting of quotes of quotes is going to get unweildy, so I'll just do it this way this time and remove mine..

But the MSM tells me they (straw polls) are important.

I was unaware of that. I have never heard them say that. OTOH it's not like I watch what they say much, either.

I'm just a supporter, not a campaign manager. How can I hurt his campaign?

OK. Conceded. If you're just playing around, what the hey? You're not doing anything to help his campaign anyway, but if you actually believe these straw polls.....

And what mistake am I making here? First you cite a source to back up your claim that Ron Paul isn't leading in the polls, then you say straw polls that Ron Paul does good in are invalid?

EXACTLY! (And Bravo! Star for you!)

What's the problem? I cited a source of a valid scientific poll--not a straw poll--that showed more accurately Paul's actual percentage at 9%. That's my WHOLE POINT with why I keep doing this. The straw polls are invalid for a whole host of reasons. One of the major reasons is that Paul supporters actively seek to spam the polls. Those voting also self-select. They are not random. They may not even be voters. In the Iowa poll Paul gave them tickets so they could vote. (For the record, so did Bachman, who gave away more.)

I'll admit they have sort of a carnival or bake sale feel to them rather than a serious political event, but if the MSM is going to give other candidates attention for winning strawpolls, I think they should treat Ron Paul the same way.

And he has been doing pretty good in lots of online polls, especially the one that followed the Iowa debate.

The MSM DID report on the Iowa straw poll that followed the debate. Paul came in second, and MSM said so. They did not ignore his placing there. The reason people who put up polls, whether it is some lamestream media, the college republicans, or half a dozen bloggers a day, do not want to put Paul on the list of choices is BECAUSE Paul supporters spam the polls in an organized fashion.

In other words, Paul supporters cheat, then get mad because others try to prevent them from cheating.

edit on 8/20/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Rasmussen Poll of Likely Voters.

Likely Republican Primary voters, taken Monday night, finds Perry with 29% support. Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who ran unsuccessfully for the GOP presidential nomination in 2008, earns 18% of the vote, while Bachmann, the Minnesota congresswoman who won the high-profile Ames Straw Poll in Iowa on Saturday, picks up 13%.

Texas Congressman Ron Paul, who was a close second to Bachmann on Saturday, has the support of nine percent (9%) of Likely Primary Voters

9% is "Exploding"?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well then happy birthday to you and Dr.Paul hope everyones having a good day
edit on 20-8-2011 by ollieman5023 because: misquote

edit on 20-8-2011 by ollieman5023 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Very nice. Napolitano has spoken up, the Judge not the Homeland Security mouthpiece. Hadn't seen that one before.

Good video, was it Alex's?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

accurately Paul's actual percentage at 9%

A poll of likely Primary voters? What is that? That's about as scientific as the Iowa straw poll. Nice trick. Do you do balloon animals too?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

accurately Paul's actual percentage at 9%

A poll of likely Primary voters? What is that? That's about as scientific as the Iowa straw poll. Nice trick. Do you do balloon animals too?

Double post, mods please delete one. Thanks

edit on 20-8-2011 by Ittabena because: note to mods

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ron Paul is not exploding. Ron Paul is not leading most polls. The only ones he is "leading" are those which are self-selected where the Paul Bots spam the polls. In the Iowa straw poll Ron Paul PAID for almost 5,000 tickets and also paid to have himself put on the ballot. That's Okay. It was a fund raiser. It wasn't a scientific poll and few of them are, including the one on ATS. Ron Paul supporters are fooling themselves, but not anyone else.

What about the roaring crowd responses? No other candidate got such loud and overwhelming responses. Did he pay for those too?

ETA: I think the more people that hear his message, the more his votes will increase, hence the suppression in the media. The one example you gave of MSM support, is actually coupled with a few more, however, overall there is obvious manipulation with intent going on, imo.
Unfortunately, I feel the same fate will play out for Paul as it did for Ross Perot. A person with such truthful, cut to the chase, no nonsense approach will never become Prez. These type of renegades don't cater to special interests or constituents, they fight for the people, and sad as it may be, the people alone don't get candidates into office anymore exclusively, money and backroom deals facilitates the way for most.
edit on 20-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The Constitution was written to remove absolute power from the States as that was the issue of the time. "To make a more perfect union," as stated. You cannot have a more perfect union with 50 different sets of rules.

Do you have a source on this, because I have a copy of the constitution right here next to me on my desk. I have read it many times and I am thinking you must have a different version of this book than me. I actually have three copies and they all agree. But they do not agree with your statement above.

Source? Proof?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What happens if and when he doesn't make it past the primaries? I sure hope no one commits suicide if this "explosion" turns out to be a dud.

I wouldn't be overly concerned for us, I think we are big kids. I doubt he will get the RNP spot, but it would be nice. Irregardless it is an important step in the process, and a necessary one. If I were him I would do exactly the same thing. Who knows, his failure could spark something that could provide momentum.

My crystal ball isn't showing me anything right now, is yours?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Perfect example of how Ron Paul can kill America. If he loses the primaries and decides to run as an Independent, he will split the vote and most certainly guarantee another Obama victory.

Do you think another Republican candidate will be any different than Obama? Might have different faces on some of the key figures in the administration, but any other Republican to get in office would only be another one of their boys, doing exactly as he was told. They might let us - the people - have one or two things if we get loud enough about it, but it would be business as usual right down the line.

Have you been napping for 30 years? Not sure what to make of this level of naivety. Are you actually suggesting that you would like to have more of the same that we have had from the last two administrations?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The truth is on our side, and the truth always prevails.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Hi...Happy Birthday to Ron!

Would you or someone please explain to me...(something that is easy to understand) how the candidate is selected in a Presidential primary?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

What about the roaring crowd responses?

Very good point, but rest assured, someone will be along shortly to inform us that all "Paultards" have the loudest mouths. On top of their pronouncement, they will figure out how to use the word "scientific" in their response. And some retard will star them too.

JR

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

To be fair to Ron Paul, his campaign had made robo calls questioning the voter of their interest and knowledge of Ron Paul, then was offered free tickets and a busride to Iowa straw poll, this is common practice in straw polls.

A straw poll doesn't define a campaign but it sure as hell can give momentum to one, which it did not directly, it did.

So Schuyler, who's your candidate of choice and why? Please, provide a better solution or I guess you could continue this anti-Ron Paul tirade.
edit on 20-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I went to his site and showed my support. ATS-ers do what you can. He needs us just as much as we need him.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Originally posted by Alxandro
Ok, this stuff is starting to scare me.
Not because Ron Paul is taking off in the polls and in popularity, but because of the fall many are setting themselves up for.

What happens if and when he doesn't make it past the primaries?
I sure hope no one commits suicide if this "explosion" turns out to be a dud.

true.

let's hope, if RP becomes POTUS, he doesn't do a 180 like Obama did.

i don't believe he will but you never know for sure.

i still like him though

what i fear btw:
if RP is legit and not 'bought for' he might meet a similar fate as JFK.
or is that just crazy thinking?

been pondering about that a lot.

Man, I can't begin to tell you that I feel the same exact way.

It's a perfect stage. They silenced him back in 08, now he's out in the open taking people's interest by storm, people are starting to "fall in love" with what he has to say and he DEFINITELY isn't part of their game... which is nearly text book-JFK status. It would be a damn shame for anything horrible to happen to RP because he's one of the most consistent, educated folks we have to vote for now a days but I absolutely see what you mean.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You actually think the people who actually runs the hidden government would allow Ron Paul to be president? Non-sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by kro32

Wow your history knowledge is not very good. Why even comment with such inaccuracies. Teddy formed the Bull Moose party after it was obvious he wouldn't get the Republican nomination and than got crushed in the election of 1912.

He did however give a speech after he was shot in an assasinaton attempt leading it off with these words. "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."
Say what? My history sucks, you're right. I remember learning that he split into the Bull Moose party and won...

It's very easy to get the earlier President's history mixed up.
edit on 20-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

Thank God for Wikipedia eh kro32?

It was popularly known as the "Bull Moose Party", which got its name after Roosevelt told reporters, "I'm as fit as a bull moose."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Yes I can't wait to have 50 different laws for every issue.

Have to print out rulebooks just to have to travel across the country.

There is no American Country. The USA is "the United States of America", not the "American Federation" or the "American Republic". Each State is it's own Country, it's own Nation. The USA is nothing more then a EU type alliance government(hence the word federal is latin for treaty) on steroids.

Ignorant people like you came up with the idea of making the federal government more powerful then the state governments in the late 1800's-early 1900's. And we all know how well that has went.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

I'd have to say that you do have one guy that you could get behind, and that's Daniel Hannan. I haven't really done my homework on the guy but I do find him intriguing, and I like the cut of his jib.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join