It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my father and this socitey!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
one day you will in many ways become like your father...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sorayugiman

maybe he is afraid of society alienating you in the future; and perhaps somehow this will affect how he sees himself as a father?

Thats how it is with my parents any how.

Also you said that he mentioned that conspiracy theorists are insane, but he doesn't view you as insane, so he knows in his heart thats not true.

Society can be an evil bitch sometimes.

Best of luck to you in your live endeavors

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
OP, just nod and agree with your dad or don't even bring up these topics with him. Soiunds like it causes too much trouble to be worth it right now. Maybe in a few years you will be able to talk more rationally with him. For now just stay out of his way and be superfically agreeable. It sounds like giving up but its NOT giving up if you continue to see the truth within yourself AND you can go online and find other people who agree with you. And if you are really passionate about your beliefs, you can begin to look around you for ways you can help make the kinds of effective real-world changes you think should be made. But don't waste your energy on him for now, it will only be trouble. If you are living under his roof and eating his food just treat him like a host and you are the guest so be superfically polite. Also, this means you dont have to bare your soul to him either, which should also be a relief. Good luck! Remember you are not alone, lots of people in the real world are waking up!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
OP, just nod and agree with your dad or don't even bring up these topics with him. Soiunds like it causes too much trouble to be worth it right now. Maybe in a few years you will be able to talk more rationally with him. For now just stay out of his way and be superfically agreeable. It sounds like giving up but its NOT giving up if you continue to see the truth within yourself AND you can go online and find other people who agree with you. And if you are really passionate about your beliefs, you can begin to look around you for ways you can help make the kinds of effective real-world changes you think should be made. But don't waste your energy on him for now, it will only be trouble. If you are living under his roof and eating his food just treat him like a host and you are the guest so be superfically polite. Also, this means you dont have to bare your soul to him either, which should also be a relief. Good luck! Remember you are not alone, lots of people in the real world are waking up!

Word, what she said ^

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorayugiman

Just forget about it bro, everybody lives in there own world and sometimes they clash. You don't have to believe anything just nod you head and do your thing.

And when it comes to some conspiracies, I would say don't even bother changing there minds or there ways. And if worse come to worse, it is what it is. Basically there are two ways to learn anything the easy way or the hard way, most people learn the hard way.

Though I admit most older people are stuck in the whole political mind-frame and the conspiracy that people in power might not always have your best interests at heart, or even at all. Well its to much for them, since they have been brought up into that mindframe since little...Well old habits are hard to break.

I even argued a little back in the day with my old man, about political stuff and he just don't get it and probably never will about some things. But whatever its there live there choice and only time will tell what is it all about. But I swear i must be adopted or something because I am like so different from everybody in my family its just weird.

Ya so anyways just forget about it and do your thing and if you think they will be jumping off the cliff because of some conspiracy like the lemmings do, well don't jump with them or at least get a parachute. Because you just never know who is right and what will happen. So don't even waste your breath.

Basically people live people die, and life is to short to bother with others and there closed minded ways. Because in the end none of it really matters. You can beat that today lots of people died and lots more are born and lots of people experience anything from a sort of heaven to a sort of hell all across the world, and at the end everything is what it is, and even most likely as it should be.

Oh op and on this planet there are two groups who are usual's the most hardheaded. Young people and old people, both think there right and both would often die for there believe that there right, and both have died on mass for exactly that reason.

Yet at the end none of it really mattered at all. So you see here we have you a young kid who thinks he knows all of the worlds rights, and we have your dad a older man who thinks the same.

So who is right in that equation...Time will tell... And time usually tells that both are wrong about a great many things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join