It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my father and this socitey!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Well if you want to talk about commandments then since so many dont even regurd or even follow those why doesnt god punish them like you say he does. I have a strong faith but thats not the issue of choice here. Since he isnt my real father anyways i guess that doesnt change the fact since he has basically emotionally dmaged me and my family for years. I know we should not judge others but guess what we all do wheather we want to or not. If its mentally or just natural we do it in almost everything we do. We judge. So please if im thinking somthing wrong point me in the right direction because i dont see what is wrong but perhaps with all your knowledge you could prove me wrong. Plus if im supposed to put to death why am i not dead becasue i have hated him since i was a little kid.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Seems like you yourself are making a judgement without knowing anything just using your judgement just as everyone does you have immediately put me into a category and based on what you think you have made an inference on how my life is. Yes i have the internet i have just made this so i could get some advice and maybe a good point in the right direction but it seems theres more hate than anything. Plus it is the rant section so im blowing off some steam better then going out and beating someone up or killing someone doing drugs or drinking ir raping someone. Im not cutting myself im not causing any harm to anyone or myself just because of the stress he gives me so i think this is much better than doing any of those things but hey i must be wrong since the majority of people here think otherwise am i right?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorayugiman

God does punish those who do wrong. It's called Hell.
You have life backwards.
No one is going to get through to you because you are a child.
Children are stubborn.
If you didn't want our advice, you should have kept your boo-hoo'n to yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I didnt say i didnt want it im just confused why some think this way and for some reason the majority is assumed always right when through out history they have failed to be time and time again yet it still continues.
Plus im afraid not many people fear hell or god anymore thats why people can kill and do whatever they want because they have no fear of whats to come. I myself am i god fearing and hell fearing person. So i restrain myself and calm myself when it comes to it so im not a out of control beast that has no morals or independent thoughts. So you please if you have any adivice you think i could use go ahead and say it

Plus im not as stubborn as you paint me to be listening to others is a great way to learn things about life but you just want to be careful who you listen to.
Ps. Adults can be way more stubborn than kids ever would.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Sorayugiman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh. I grew up in a family of Republicans, and fought with them constantly. Of couse, I was eventually able to show them that the republican party has nothing to offer them, and they slowly realized that. Maybe your Dad will do the same for you one day.

And your father is correct. Ron Paul is completely un-electable. This site here, has an apparent substantial Ron Paul following. But it's mostly just here. He could never beat an incumbent, and he's typically not suported by the RNP. They won't make him "their candidate". And it's just as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Actually, your experience dealing with this man is good practice; you'll encounter lots of "sames" in this world, who are afraid of difference. As you get older, you'll discover than not all the "sames" are on one end of the spectrum.

He is right though. You're going to have to learn to keep your superiority to yourself. No boss will ever want to hear that you're a genius; they just want you to work a full shift.

On a deeper level, there is a juvenile sort of anti-authoritarian-ism that believes that defying authority automatically gives you the more high ground----it does not. It makes you an irritant. Our culture worships loners on TV; but it it kills them in real life. There is no superiority in being a loner, only vulnerability.

Nobody's mind was every changed by an argument.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Thanks for the advice.
i just wish this kind of system wasnt in place and that it rules over everyone but i guess thats the world we live in. But as gandi said "Be the change you wish to see in the world"

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It sounds as if your Father is using you to transfer his stress. You know, the old "misery loves company" theory.

I wouldn't let him push your buttons as he obviously knows how to do it.

If you engage in debate with him, do so rationaly and calmly.

If that doesn't work, just look him in the eye and say, "Whateva."

Us old folks HATE that phrase..

In the end though, you'll have to make your own way in life. Make yourself and your parents proud...even if they don't agree with your initial path.
edit on 20-8-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm in my mid 50s and still have a teenager at home. It sound s like their maybe some other "daddy issues" in play here. With that being said you need to consider where your dad is coming from and how he was raised. He knows you will be on your own someday soon and this is a way to assure himself that you will stand for what you believe even against adversity and to also prove that he has given you the proper critical thinking skills you'll need to get through live. The truth be known you probably have more in common than not.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

All I am saying is that too much conspiracy can turn you insane, I would say that anyone who believes any more than 40-60% of the stuff on ATS as absolute truth they should go seek professional help.

As long as i have been around these parts that's sound advice....conspiracies are full of half truths .A good conspiracy theorist is able to pick apart the truth from fiction.Most everything on here has a personal opinion tied to it....
As to the OP, I am sure the ones that don't see the truth now will see it soon(not by choice)....Just continue trying to wake people up its all you can do....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Given your subsequent posts and answers to everyone and the apparent information that you are 17. Time to move out, fella. Right now. And I would make sure you are completely disinherited as well, at least for now. In ten years, if you do finally grow up, then he could reconsider. That's a lot of anger you have built up. Get a job. Support yourself and stop with expecting to be fed every day by someone you hate.

Good luck to your Dad.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I can get that, Yeah you have to pick apart the lies and find the truth thats whats important but some would rather not even look in the first place and deny everything. Its just sad that in order to survive you need to conform to peoples rules and regulations that most of the time are just taught to them instead of people thinking for themselves they follow whatever they need to but i dont see what kind of life that is.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well first of all again your just judging me without any kind of ground to stand on. I have a job i have a car but im just waiting to graduate highschool. Now maybe my thinking is too hard for you to understand but you just seem to be judging me and putting me into some stereotype and that will be the end of your thinking. But all i wanted with this was advice or words i could use to move forward instead of people who all they are is hate and anger. That is why i did this not for people like you who just basically say screw you and burn in hell.
It even seems you didnt even read the other response i had to you and maybe if you had you might have understood a bit more before insulting me again.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Sorayugiman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Given your subsequent posts and answers to everyone and the apparent information that you are 17. Time to move out, fella. Right now. And I would make sure you are completely disinherited as well, at least for now. In ten years, if you do finally grow up, then he could reconsider. That's a lot of anger you have built up. Get a job. Support yourself and stop with expecting to be fed every day by someone you hate.

Good luck to your Dad.

Star for ya! I did what you say here way back when...now I'm retired and me and my Dad get along fine. Frankly...I'm amazed, yet glad it happened. Life was never fair and always tough, but I made it. Good advice, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I really dont get it and i dont think even if you and your father didnt get along you have no idea how he acts towards me and how he treats me and my family. So im glad you are friendly toward each other but i know i will never have that because he basically hates anything that differs from his own view. Plus my father is the biggest hypocrite i have ever seen. Just saying here
hope you have a good day

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorayugiman
reply to post by TDawgRex

I really dont get it and i dont think even if you and your father didnt get along you have no idea how he acts towards me and how he treats me and my family. So im glad you are friendly toward each other but i know i will never have that because he basically hates anything that differs from his own view. Plus my father is the biggest hypocrite i have ever seen. Just saying here
hope you have a good day

Nope, I have no idea how y'all get along, but I do see similarities. Just remember, it's your life and you are about to enter the greatest adventure or horror you have ever known.

In the end, there will be no one to blame but yourself and the decisions you made. The future is blind, but hindsight is 20/20. Learn from others mistakes and successes…that’s what I did.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I feel for you. I've always been the one out of a hundred who thinks something different. According to my mother I was 'born awkward'. I lost count of the times she used to say 'trust you' when something I did was wrong in her eyes

I left home at age 16 and didn't go back until I found out that she was dying (she had an organisation looking for me) and wanted to see me before she left this world. I went to try and smooth things over before she died to save the trouble of doing it in the afterlife. She was exactly the same bitch that she'd always been, but at least I made the effort.

Let me tell you it's hard going trying to make it on your own. No family and few friends. Once you walk out, you lose what little support system a family can offer you. Since I hated mine, I didn't miss them.

Later in life, looking around at how other people relate to and rely on their families, I can see that there is a lot missing in my life. However, I didn't want them and managed without.

If you can find the strength to walk away and support yourself and be your own person, then do it.

If you can't - then learn to compromise. Learn to bite your tongue. Learn to keep your thoughts to yourself when you are in unsympathetic company. But, never, ever, in any circumstances forget who you really are inside.

You can be your own person, but you have to understand that most of the rest of the world won't appreciate you.

It's a steep learning curve. You may be poor and hungry - I was. But I never went back even for a bite to eat. I went far away and stayed far away.

If you can do it you'll be a strong person. The road to finding yourself is never an easy one. If the 'you' that you are seeking doesn't fit in with society, then the road is even harder.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Your advice is awesome thanks so much for sharing. I will use your advice to help and just know you helped me out

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
He seems to be thinking of what's best for you, what will make your life in the Matrix easier. It's a hard life to swim upstream in this world, going against the grind and all, I'm speaking from experience.

Exactly what I was thinking. And Jibby, is it ever hard. The last thing I want is to be in this rat race. To avoid a rant suffice it to say that it is next to necessary to plod along with society, work for your money/goods. The key is to find enjoyment in the little things that you can, roll with the punches and try not to make your observations about our backwards society turn you into a cynical, anti-social and world-weary person.
edit on 20-8-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
hi op

dont take the bashing to heart, your a young un
i can ralate sort of
i was brought up in childrens homes and foster parents
alot of bad times but some good
all this your going through will pass
just grind your teeth and pretend your listening to the old bugger
and he might lean of you a little
but all in all its just a one of them phazes of life
youl get over it wen the hormones have settled
dave
edit on 20-8-2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join