It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebay monthly charge???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hey guys, I signed up for ebay last month, I wanted to sell an item which I found for free, which I knew was worth atleast 20 bucks... So I put it up there, got 30$ for it, 10$ of that for the shipping cost... In the end I made 18$ after ebay took a 2-3 dollar cut...

Now I just got an email saying I owe 2.70$?? What the heck, I sold 1 item, I already gave them 2-3 bucks, now more? Is this common with ebay accounts?

Your eBay invoice for the period from July 16, 2011 through August 15, 2011 is now available to view online. Amount Due: $2.70 You have set up PayPal as your automatic payment method. Your invoice amount will be automatically deducted from your PayPal account between August 30, 2011 and September 1, 2011. The amount deducted may vary based on recent payments or credits.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Ya they hounded me for 8 cents when i didn't even use the damn service...

I mean i guess they have to make their money, but 8 cents? Really?!?!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ebay is constantly changing their fee structure and the ways in which they want you to do business, in their favor. I can't stand them anymore.

The last announcement email I read, was when they wanted to include FVF's in your shipping charges, and that was the nail in the coffin. I don't know if it went through, as there were massive protests against this, but it just goes to show the kind of business they want to promote.

Basically, they are pushing everyone in a direction of 'free shipping' now so that they get that extra 10% on all of your shipping costs. They've even added a 'Shipping Costs' rating to their DSR's. So now, if you charge money for shipping, people can give you a low rating, and it effects your overall selling performance.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am curious, you didnt mention the charge... usually ebays charge is at least 10% which makes sense for the 2.70. The 2 or 3% charge that you first noticed sounds like paypals charge. Did you look into that?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You probably just thought they already deducted the final value fee when you saw the final amount in your Paypal account, but that would be Paypal's fee that was automatically deducted. Ebay sends you and invoice on the 15th of each month for their fees. I started selling on Ebay a few months ago. My husband dumpster dives all of our merchandise and I'm a stay at home mom and I spend a few hours a week ebaying. I was pretty shocked when I received my first invoice ( had i watched the full tutorial it wouldn't have been such a surprise!) It isn't so painful anymore, it really isn't any higher than the fees you would pay if you had a flea market booth and it is all profit to us. I've been selling about $500 per month and with baby #2 on the way the extra cash is really nice. You just have to suck it up, pay the fees, enjoy the money that you do make, and decide if it's worth it to you to continue.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Actually..

now that you have sold something on E-bay..

you are considered a "seller"..

so now they will forever deduct that amount from you monthly...

I'm pretty sure...

you have to close your account to make it stop...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Welcome to the digital age of banking.....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
See my previous post on ebay here.

I spent about 2 hours on the phone the other day with ebay trying to figure out why I can no longer accept credit cards on an auction. Turns out ebay changed their policies and now requires sellers to PayPal merchant card processing to sign up for Payflow.... which cost $179 to sign up plus a monthly fee.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

You get charged:-
A listing free, dependant upon the value of the item...
If you do an auctions and a Buy It Now (which I dont think you are yet eligible for) you get charged extra
If you are a private seller, you can start a 99p auction for free
10% of the items final value goes to Feebay

Paypal fees are also charged, thats nothing to do with Feebay though
(Incidentally, my fees, were 75 GBP this week, for Feebay)

We did, used to charge a little extra for postage. Too many people took real advantage of that though, and now Evilbay have even set the postage rates...which REALLY suck for things like bulk games, and DVDs, books etc, as you cannot cover the cost of the postage half the time by including it in the price.

I could go on. and on...and on

new topics

top topics

join