It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes Ron Paul so special?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul best for many reasons, one being that he is not a Zionist/Israelist as all the others are, both Rep and Dem. He's non-interventionist too. I most agree with his libertarian constitutionist views.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi
reply to post by The Old American

So you truly believe that, day one, he will walk into the office, sit down, sign a piece of paper and the troops will come home?
I just have a hard time seeing it happen that way. Won't there be a resistance, weather real or created, against that decision?

Of course there would be resistance. But it wouldn't matter. As commander-in-chief of the armed forces, he could be sworn in one second, and recall the troops the next. He won't, of course because, as with anything on that level, there is diplomacy involved.

Also, troops wouldn't be able to just hop in a plane and be home the next day. It would probably take about a year to finish, but he would most certainly sign it on day one get the party started if he were so inclined. Which he is, thank goodness.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Not that he is so special.

He is the only one standing up
for WE THE PEOPLEs
constitutional rights.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Okay, so he gets in and gets the party started. Will he be able to maintain that position (as much as I am sure he would like to) for an entire year? Regardless of threats to him? Which I am convinced he will have to deal with. And how will he deal with it?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To understand Paul one needs to understand a few things, including why a country’s monetary policy is so important and how all things freedom oriented are related to each other. How a country’s monetary policy effects the civil liberties of it’s citizens and it’s foreign policy. A lot of people can’t connect those dots. What makes Paul so special is not what he wants to do, it’s what he DOESN’T want to do. He understands what has made this country so great, and what is now making this country so un-great. He understands the philosophy of liberty. He understands what our founding fathers understood. Our government, by design, is limited in what it can do effectively. Our constitution (while no where near perfect) embodies that understanding.

Ron abides by the Constitution’s restrictions, including those of Article 1 Section 8. Notice how many of today’s government departments and functions are not in there. When Ron Paul talks about reducing the size and scope of government, he is not talking about privatizing anything. He’s simply talking about obeying the Constitution. That’s the kind of scary talk that causes Ron Paul’s 534 fellow congressmen--those in the House and Senate who line their pockets as they busy themselves redistributing your income--to hyperventilate, sweat, and swoon.

He believes in the 10th amendment. You want public welfare? Take it up with your state. You want regulations on everything? Take it up with your state. You want an ‘’energy policy'’? Take it up with your state. You want to be taxed to death? Holla at ya state senators . . You want _______? . . . Yea. Understand that Paul is a constitutional conservative. He believes (and rightfully so) that the federal government has no constitutional authority to be in a lot of the things it is in right now. There is no constitutional authority for the government to force healthcare on the masses. Liberty-minded politicians like Paul don’t want to run your life. I, in fact, agree that it’s highly unlikely Paul will be elected President, but he’s sparked something in the minds of a lot of those who were apathetic.

He’s consistent and doesn’t change his tune when it’s politically expedient. A lot of what he says I don’t agree with, but I respect his point of view and can see where he’s coming from even if I disagree with it. With a lot of politicians, I can’t even see where they’re coming from other than realizing they’re just plain ole’ pandering to their electorate. Also, there are some positions of his that a lot of people agree with, like ending overseas imperialism.

The idea of a country being run by the people is relatively new. This experiment we have in America is not even 250 years old. The tyrants of history have not been purged from us through those years. It’s up to us to preserve liberty because it’s new, and that’s what men like Ron Paul stand for.

edit on 20-8-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Why does everyone automatically assume that Ron Paul will be able to make any change what so ever?

Now I am not doubting Ron as a person, he may very well have all the intentions in the world to make a change. But really, how will he do it?

There is at least one thing he would be able to do. As Commander in Chief of the armed forces he would be able to bring the troops home. He wouldn't have to declare a peace, victory, cease fire, or anything. Just instruct the Joint Chiefs to preform a "strategic redeployment" to a more defensive posture where the Army and Marines are redeployed to our northern and southern borders, the Navy and Coast Guard patrol our coastline, and the Air Force protects our airspace.

Not only would that protect us from terrorists, but it would have the added benefit of curbing illegal immigration and putting a large dent in the illegal drug trade.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What makes Paul so special?

1. He believes Global Warming is a hoax.
2. He doesn't endorse gay marriage.
3. He believes Social Security, Medicare, and Welfare are unconstitutional.

Good views!

But not enough to get this 76 year old guy elected.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Okay, so he gets in and gets the party started. Will he be able to maintain that position (as much as I am sure he would like to) for an entire year? Regardless of threats to him? Which I am convinced he will have to deal with. And how will he deal with it?

Four years, hopefully 8. He'll have threats left and right. Obama has had threats left and right, and I'm pretty sure Ron Paul will be able to hold up and not flip-flop at least as well as him. And let's be honest here, who between the two has a record of waffling on war?

/TOA

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yes but Obama, is playing ball, as far as the establishment is concerned. What Paul is talking about doing would shake the very foundations of the current establishment. Won't there be much greater/harsher repercussions for that?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Good views!

Please do a little reseach before posting inaccurate, misleading propaganda. If you truly believe what you posted then please cite your sources/evidence. Ignorance doesn't fly here. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

Good views!

Please do a little reseach before posting inaccurate, misleading propaganda. If you truly believe what you posted then please cite your sources/evidence. Ignorance doesn't fly here. Thanks.

“The greatest hoax I think that has been around for many, many years if not hundreds of years has been this hoax on [...] global warming.” – Ron Paul on Fox Business, Nov. 4, 2009

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

“The greatest hoax I think that has been around for many, many years if not hundreds of years has been this hoax on [...] global warming.” – Ron Paul on Fox Business, Nov. 4, 2009

Do you have the FULL quote in a transcript or video without the missing bits in the brackets?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yes but Obama, is playing ball, as far as the establishment is concerned. What Paul is talking about doing would shake the very foundations of the current establishment. Won't there be much greater/harsher repercussions for that?

Probably, and RP is willing to do that. If there is such a thing as "TPTB", he is aware of their existence. He knows what the rumors are about Kennedy. And yet he still willing to step up to the plate, club the catcher with his bat, cleat the umpire, and close the stadium. That kind of integrity hasn't existed in a president in too long a time.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

He says exactly what people want to hear, better than anyone else, and may actually be able to win now based on that alone.

Most important and 'special' thing about Ron Paul, is he is very old, making any VP selection far more important to them than him.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Ron Paul on Global Warming

Ron Paul:

Global temperatures have been warming since the Little Ice Age. Studies within the respectable scientific community have shown that human beings are most likely a part of this process. As a Congressman, I've done a number of things to support environmentally friendly policies. I have been active in the Green Scissors campaign to cut environmentally harmful spending, I've opposed foreign wars for oil, and I've spoken out against government programs that encourage development in environmentally sensitive areas, such as flood insurance."

I strongly oppose the Kyoto treaty. Providing for a clean environment is an excellent goal, but the Kyoto treaty doesn't do that. Instead it's placed the burden on the United States to cut emissions while not requiring China - the world's biggest polluter - an other polluting third-world countries to do a thing. Also, the regulations are harmful for American workers, because it encourages corporations to move their business overseas to countries where the regulations don't apply. It's bad science, it's bad policy, and it's bad for America. I am more than willing to work cooperatively with other nations to come up with policies that will safeguard the environment, but I oppose all nonbinding resolutions that place an unnecessary burden on the United States."

Then you have to deal with the volcanoes, and you have to deal with China... so what are you going to do, invade China so they don't pollute? ... But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't do what we can to slow up the emissions and stop subsidizing big oil companies. I don't like subsidizing oil companies. They've been doing that for years. We go to war to protect oil, so that we can buy more oil, and burn more oil. So I say our foreign policy contributes to global warming -- by subsidizing a policy that is deeply flawed. And that's why we're in the Middle East, to protect oil interests."

pesn.com...

"When asked if efforts to slow down Global Warming should be increased, Dr. Paul replied: "Yes."

Because he does not support any piece of legislation not specifically authorized by the Constitution, Paul votes against most bills that involve government spending or expanded government initiatives; thus he does not seek legislation to combat the global warming. Instead, he advocates reducing emissions, halting subsidies to oil companies, and altering a war-for-oil foreign policy that in itself contributes to global warming."

So, there you go.

edit on 20-8-2011 by robyn because: edit

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

And yet he still willing to step up to the plate, club the catcher with his bat, cleat the umpire, and close the stadium. That kind of integrity hasn't existed in a president in too long a time.

That was really well said

Well, I have my fingers crossed, but retain my doubts, only because I just don't believe he will in the end, have what it takes to really overthrow the real power that exists. Maybe he could have 30-50 years ago, but today, we are more brainwashed, controlled and dedicated to main stream television then ever before. Just my opinion. Don't want to sound negative but I'm just looking at facts/trends. I hope he proves me wrong.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Ghandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Paul's colleagues are so corrupt that Paul looks like a saint by comparison. What makes him special is that he hasn't given up even though he has either been ignored or ridiculed for most of his tenure as congressman. But, he is not ignored or ridiculed in his district, just in the national news and by his bought and paid for colleagues.
As president, he has tremendous power to reform the executive branch. He can influence the American people in positive ways, instead of the negativity coming out of the present administration. He is not a traitor like the current group, he will put the U.S. first.
If you are here illegally, you should pay attention. If it looks like he will get elected, you might as well hit the border and not come back for at least four years. He believes in the rule of constitutional law.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

He says exactly what people want to here, better than anyone else, and may actually be able to win now based on that alone.

Most important and 'special' thing about Ron Paul, is he is very old, making any VP selection far more important to them than him.

OMG! What a nasty comment. I do like your avatar though.

Ron Paul does anything BUT tell people what they want to "here". Any POTUS, or any of us for that matter, could drop dead at anytime. But I guess you're just here to plant those little seeds of doubt. Sad.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What do all of you think about Ron Paul's stance on social security?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Q: Are you still in favor of abolishing Social Security? A: Yes, but not overnight. As a matter of fact, my program’s the only one that is going to be able to take care of the elderly. I’d like to get the young people out of it, just the younger generation, because there’s no money there, and they’re going to have to pay 50 years and they’re not going to get anything. I’d take care of all the elderly, all those who are dependent, but I would save the money from this wild spending overseas.

Ron Paul answers

I am cool with it.

edit on 20-8-2011 by SirClem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join