It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Cuero, TX School On Alert For Friday Bomb Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A high school in Cuero, TX may be forced to cancel school on Friday if the writer/writers of an apparent bomb threat aren't found. Reportedly, a note written on Tuesday warned of a bomb threat for this Friday, August 20th.

thevictoriaadvocate.com
CUERO - Cuero police and school officials are taking seriously a note found in the high school Tuesday containing an apparent bomb threat slated for Friday and may cancel school if the writer or writers is not found by then.

In a memo issued Wednesday, Cuero Superintendent Henry Lind said, "We are following leads with the Cuero Police Department's guidance and leadership at this time, and we hope to discover the source of the note and the writer/writers before Friday the 20th."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The note was found by janitors is the boy's bathroom on Tuesday. Cuero Superintendent Henry Lind states that school may have to be cancelled on Friday, and made up in the spring or a Saturday.

Canine crews will have to be brought in to do a sweep of the school.

Portions of the note read:

Addressed "For The School" and states on page 2 "ThiSchool I gonna blow on 8-20-04," with the zero in 20 having a bomb drawn into it stating "boom," according to the memo.

Citizens are being asked to contact the Cuero Police Chief or he school's security officer with any information they may have relating to this incident.

Related News Links
KAVUTV.COM

[edit on 19-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 19-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ummm, at my school we had a bomb threat at least once a year. I doubt this is anything related to terrorism, just some kids wanting to get out of school. Seems that it will work.

At my high school, they cancelled morning classes and then opened for the afternoon. But I guess these days with all the terrorism scares, we...should...take....this...seriously?

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Type in "bomb scare high school 2002" or any year and you will see how many of these are reported. Terrorists have never done such a thing in the US.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's funny I can't remember ever having a bomb threat at my high school. It was a very very small community though. Graduating class of about 50 students.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
cuero is 30min away from where i live.
they said too many people handled the note or something so they cant take a good print off of it.
i have a theory that it was some cop's kid that left the note and they are just covering it up.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
From the time I started school in the early 80s til I graduated in the early 90s, every year we got like 3 or four bomb threats. Classes were never cancelled, we just got to sit outside for a half hour or so.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Man, but at least they picked a Friday...three day weekend!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
During my years at school we probably had 3 or 4 a year. They'd always come all about the same time...a two week period where we sat outside the school a lot.

We had some anthrax threats too. Some kid leaves a note somewhere saying that there's "anthracks" on it. Real geniuses.

To my knowledge no bomb threat has ever come to fruition, and most people just right them off. I'm afraid one day someone will take a threat too lightly and a lot of people are going to get hurt.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This bomb threat like almost every other one we have ever heard of in a high school is most likely BS.

But the school, police, and fire just can't write it off as BS, they need to respond to the threat to ensure the safety of the students and staff.

So yeah, the dogs come in, everyone sits on a curb, and then classes go on. But hey, it's a nice break in your Friday right?

new topics

top topics

join