It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cremo: The Forbidden Archaeologist, What would you ask him?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I have The Mysterious Origins of Man but it throws out a great deal of speculation and possibility but does not seem to really give a definitive answer. I would like to know what this alternative history is.

Where did we come from? What is the true history of humankind? Michael A. Cremo and Richard L. Thompson challenge the prevailing theory of Darwinian evolution with their groundbreaking work Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race.

What is the hidden history?
Has he pieced a coherent timeline of events together?
Or are these individually standing and unrelated discoveries, as indeed they seem to be?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I have The Mysterious Origins of Man but it throws out a great deal of speculation and possibility but does not seem to really give a definitive answer. I would like to know what this alternative history is.

Where did we come from? What is the true history of humankind? Michael A. Cremo and Richard L. Thompson challenge the prevailing theory of Darwinian evolution with their groundbreaking work Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race.

What is the hidden history?
Has he pieced a coherent timeline of events together?
Or are these individually standing and unrelated discoveries, as indeed they seem to be?

now you are asking the RIGHT questions........................

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
reply to post by newcovenant

this is ATS it has been done before and why bother I would be left with more questions than answers.................

There seemed to be so very many different advanced civilizations living - must have been like grand central station at one time. I would like to see some of the artifacts and peoples put in chronological order (brought to life) and that alternative history and players laid out.

There should have been some kind of "Humanity THE MOVIE" long before this, no matter what doctrine it offends.

Call it fiction. What is the hold-up? I wonder, seems a bit suspicious and preplanned. In another thread I read where the movie I Anunnaki was shelved. That is odd too. How about those Sumerians - is there something to hide? www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12113004#pid12113004

Gosh how many movies are there on the life of Christ and I love them all but before Christ we had a rich history and we should know it. Before Christ even with Christians it is a blur of pagans and elemental Gods and peoples running around from talking clouds.

I would like to see the story of Sumerians and some of these artifacts brought to life with their owners, placed in a timeline with a rich and mufti-faceted story true as near as we can tell. Is that asking too much? Why not start a thread on it? Just teasing bro. This is what I would ask the Micheal Cremo. Great stuff you had there anyway. I am still trying to figure out this:

This cave painting is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy. It appears to depict two beings in protective suits holding strange implements.

Trying its damnedest to speak a 1000 words.

edit on 20-8-2011 by newcovenant because: added link

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
www.mcremo.com...

Biodata for Michael A. Cremo
The soul that I am entered its present body at the moment I was conceived in the fall of 1947. I appeared from my mother's womb on July 15, 1948, in Schenectady, New York. That birth was probably one of millions I have experienced since I left my real home in the spiritual world. My mother tells me that when I was an infant, she would give me alphabet soup, and sometimes I would not eat it, but would just spell out words in the bowl.

...my first impression is - someone who writes like that is hooked on the most powerful drug on the planet - fantasy... of course, thats my own bias... so, let me read some more and see if i can be compelled to read this book...

www.mcremo.com...

Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race. This book shows that archaeologists and anthropologists, over the past one hundred and fifty years, have accumulated vast amounts of evidence showing that humans like ourselves have existed on this planet for tens of millions of years. We show how this evidence has been suppressed, ignored, and forgotten because it contradicts generally-held ideas about human evolution."

...i agree with that - but - suspect that the "10s of millions of years" part is just creative flair...

www.mcremo.com...
...a review of Forbidden Archeology...

ideas can compel the researchers to publish their analyses according to the conceptions that are permitted by the scientific community

...i agree... bias due to programming is always there... sometimes we're concious of our bias - sometimes not... history proves, imo, that those who are concious of their bias will try to shape the beliefs of others... whether thats a good thing, bad thing or of no consequence depends upon the perception of the viewer...

...another review...

Historians of science repeat tirelessly that the Biblical version of origins was replaced in the nineteenth century by the evolution theory. This simple story is substituted, in our imaginations, for the more complex reality that we are today confronted with a remarkable variety of origins accounts. Those of official science are far from being uniform.

Prehistory told by scientists committed to Marxist theory is not the same as that presented by feminist scholars. Furthermore, the version of prehistory found in children's school books is different from that found in professional scientific publications. And this in turn is very different from that of the Jehovah's witnesses, the American Creationist, the Catholic Church, or those who seek to explain our origin by extraterrestrial intervention. I have skipped over many other versions. And *Forbidden Archeology* gives us one more, dedicated to "His Divine Grace " Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and inspired by the Vedic philosophy that disciples study at Bhaktivedanta Institute in the U.S.A., a branch of I.S.K.C.O.N., the International Society for Krishna Consciousness.

Forbidden Archeology isn’t to be recommended to those who are trying to inform themselves about prehistory, but it would be useful for readers interested in modern beliefs.

...emphasis above is mine and that last sentence supports my impression of Cremo's mindset... it still might be a good read but consumer beware applies...

...and another review...

Forbidden Archeology is designed to demolish the case for biological and cultural evolution and to advance the cause of a Vedic alternative. This is a piece of ‘Creation Science’ which, while not based on the need to promote a Christian alternative, manifests many of the same types of argument: first

...yep, thats unfortunate but not unexpected...

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
If you had the chance to sit down one on one with this controversial archaeologist, what questions would you ask him?

...nothing about his beliefs / theories - because - his biases are firmly in place - as are mine... so that conversation would be as futile as attempting to have a discussion with my mother (who, due to alzheimers, has zero short term memory)...

...i would be interested in tales of his travels - the people he met, the different cultures, stories he heard, the lay of the land - non-political stuff like that...

many are particularly disturbed by 'any' possibility that perhaps what we are taught or told goes against what archaeology may have uncovered.

...yep... i've encountered that more than a few times with those who firmly believe that the americas were populated via the "one-way traffic only ice bridge" theory...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I would ask him to explain these?

www.crystalinks.com...

Very cool!
You have a lot of good finds. Some I've never seen before. Why not start a thread with what you have there?

Believe me, they have been discussed here a lot of times. Just not in this particular section.

Mr. (not Dr.) Cremo's biography can be found here: en.wikipedia.org...

Well thank you for that. I was not so well informed as who he is. Krishna Consciousness? Enamoured with the man already, and I tend to believe what he says.

Now moving on...from the link

he believes his findings support the story of humanity described in the Vedas.

Vedas
en.wikipedia.org...

The Vedas are among the oldest sacred texts. The Samhitas date to roughly 1500–1000 BCE, and the "circum-Vedic" texts, as well as the redaction of the Samhitas, date to c. 1000-500 BCE, resulting in a Vedic period, spanning the mid 2nd to mid 1st millennium BCE, or the Late Bronze Age and the Iron Age.[18] The Vedic period reaches its peak only after the composition of the mantra texts, with the establishment of the various shakhas all over Northern India which annotated the mantra samhitas with Brahmana discussions of their meaning, and reaches its end in the age of Buddha and Panini and the rise of the Mahajanapadas (archaeologically, Northern Black Polished Ware). Michael Witzel gives a time span of c. 1500 BCE to c. 500-400 BCE. Witzel makes special reference to the Near Eastern Mitanni material of the 14th c. BCE the only epigraphic record of Indo-Aryan contemporary to the Rigvedic period. He gives 150 BCE (Patañjali) as a terminus ante quem for all Vedic Sanskrit literature, and 1200 BCE (the early Iron Age) as terminus post quem for the Atharvaveda.[19] Transmission of texts in the Vedic period was by oral tradition alone, preserved with precision with the help of elaborate mnemonic techniques. A literary tradition set in only in post-Vedic times, after the rise of Buddhism in the Maurya period, perhaps earliest in the Kanva recension of the Yajurveda about the 1st century BCE; however oral tradition predominated until c. 1000 CE.[20]

I apologize for my denseness but I am not getting a picture. Do I have to read all these Vedas?
Again I see ethereal beings floating on clouds who have given mankind a religious or spiritual text.
Though now they're floating on the clouds instead of running from the talking one's. hmm?

Who the heck were these people writing the vedas? Were they "people" and what were they trying to say? If there is any possibility it is hidden and actually true information why are we not exposed to and familiarized with it ....even a little? People study the Kabbalah, Masonry, I just think it's odd more people don't subscribe openly to these theories and support them. It's not like us. What is holding up the main stream thirst for this is my question, I guess. Certainly this is not too adventurous or clandestine for the movies? Or is it?

Not really asking Byrd though thank you for the reply, more or less thinking out loud.

edit on 20-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
OT: is it possible / where to download the show after it aired, because 4:00 in the morning is a bit heavy...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What would you ask him?

I'll have a few questions for him. I may actually call in tonight if time allows it. I like his way of thinking. I've written a few threads linked below in my signature along similar lines of thought.

I'm looking forward to the topic.

reply to post by Byrd

Oh come on girl...

If we didn't write these types of threads you wouldn't have much reason to log on.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would like to ask about his take on the political changes in Egypt - including the departure of Hawass (don't know if I spelled that right) - and his replacement - is there any potential for new explorations previously restricted in the works? If not, why not?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Hi,

Looking at modern pilots with their helmets and thick suits where the helmet sits virtually on the pilot's shoulders, these guys remind me of some of the ancient cave paintings that we attribute to ancient astronauts.

What if, our civilisation is just the current one of hundreds whereby we advance to a certain technology and suddenly a cosmic clock creates some horrendous catastrophe and we have to start all over again?

(You could demonstrate how fast we would go backwards simply by loosing the ability to run the internet for a few years were we to loose our electricity grids).

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Mr. Cremo, my deepest respect for your views and thoughts and being so courageous to bring into question many of the views and conclusions of the scientific community.
May I ask you what your views and thoughts are of these two questions?

Question 1

Do you think that the Great pyramid and all those other remarkable stone constructions such as in Puma Punku in Bolivia, Ollantaytambo in Peru, Baalbeck in Libia and the walled complex Sacsayhuamán near the old city of Cusco could really have been made or build with the simple tools and equipment the archaeologists and scientists say the people have used for it?

Puma Punku ruins, Tiahuanaco, Bolivia

Ollantaytambo in Peru

Baalbeck in Lebanon

Sacsayhuamán is a walled complex near the old city of Cusco

Question 2

Do you think that the so called Khufu Cartouche found in Campbell's Chamber in the great pyramid by Colonel William Howard Vyse is unquestionable genuine?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 20/8/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
OT: is it possible / where to download the show after it aired, because 4:00 in the morning is a bit heavy...

Neformore usually within a few days of the actual air-date, makes the show available in whats called "rewind" and will post such information in the Shows thread under the "ATSLive" section of 'forums'. So check back in the shows thread (which I believe will be Show 71) for more information.

Johnny
edit on 8/20/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think most of the questions I had have already been asked. I would like to know, if the first great civilization was within the Indus Valley.

What is his most unusual find?

Did Atlantis and the Lemurian civilization exist?

"We did not evolve up from matter; instead we devolved, or came down, from the realm of pure
consciousness, spirit," says Cremo. He bases his response on modern science and the world's
great wisdom traditions, including the Vedic philosophy of ancient India. Cremo proposes that
before we ask the question, "Where did human beings come from? we should first contemplate,
"What is a human being?" Cremo asserts that humans are a combination of matter, mind, and
consciousness (or spirit).

Human Devolution contains solid scientific evidence showing how a subtle mind element and a
conscious self that can exist apart from the body have been systematically eliminated from
mainstream science by a process of knowledge filtration. "Any time knowledge filtration takes
place you can expect a great deal of resistance, criticism, and ridicule when it is exposed and
challenged," says Cremo.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Onboard2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have a couple of question.

1) If humans and dinosaurs co existed why are human remains never found in the same archeological layers as dinosaur remains? (by this i mean fossilized remains and not supposed footprints that are completely open to interpretation as to what made them)

2) As others have asked. What is your alternate timeline and how does that fit in with the development of other species, If humans have been around for so long then how about other mammals, rabbits, cats etc etc and again why do we only find those in Triassic layers and not before?
edit on 20-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

If you had the chance to sit down one on one with this controversial archaeologist, what questions would you ask him?
I would ask him about his credentials as an archaeologist, and whether he figures that membership in a couple of archaeological organizations is equivalent to academic accreditation.

Further, I would ask how much of his worldview is coloured by his Krishna faith?

...just askin'.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
AWESOME!!

I love his sites! They are bookmarked and I view them often!

I would probably want to ask about the caves here in North America that are said to have Egyptian artifacts but now the area is sealed off and the story denied. I have always found that story fascinating. Not sure if it's true or not but I lean more towards, yes

I can't wait to listen!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

My question is in regards to the evolution of dinosaurs into birds, that now seems to be the accepted belief. This concept was based upon only two small samples found among the dinosaur bones, (about 2 square inches each) that had a 'feathery' appearance. Is this nothing but a major jump to conclusion based upon wanting something to be true?

I saw these samples and they did not look feathery to me. Maybe the dinosaur fell on a bird when it died, or died after eating the dinosaur after it's death - this is more probable that evolution from dinosaur into a bird.

Eh? Where on earth did you get the totally wrong impression that evolution of dinosaurs to birds was based on two small samples. Please please I would love to know. I've seen complete skeletons of dinosaurs with feathers! I've seen analysis of bone structure, reverse hips etc that indicate this evolution. a 2 second search on Google will find these !!!!!!

Please where has your completely wrong impression come from?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Bump since our guest is on now....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Big Thanks to Michael Cremo for coming on the Radio Show for the interview.
And another big thanks to you members for the great questions. Sorry we couldn't get to all of them, but Mr. Cremo did say that he would come on again, so maybe your query can get asked at that time.

Johnny

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Sweet! I dig Michael Cremo's work. For those who are not familar with him and would like to learn more check out this thread that contains a video of Michael Cremo giving a lecture about his findings. It's very interesting so please have a look

The Hidden History of the Human Race

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'd ask him why he pushes his religious creationist agenda in the face of verifiable facts, which he completely ignores.

I'd ask him if he ever plans to actually complete any college degree.

I'd ask him why people are so ignorant as to refer to him as an "archaeologist" when all he is, in fact, is a drop-out Hare Krishna.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join