It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Realized The Real Reason Why I Support Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The reason why I support Ron Paul is because he is my voice.

I was never brave enough to speak out what I believe for fear of social isolation. People have called me everything from idiot to terrorist because I don't like wars or I support a meritocracy.

Ron Paul speaks for me. He is doing something that I have always wanted to do, but am unable to, and that is why I support him.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
The reason why I support Ron Paul is because he is my voice.

I was never brave enough to speak out what I believe for fear of social isolation. People have called me everything from idiot to terrorist because I don't like wars or I support a meritocracy.

Ron Paul speaks for me. He is doing something that I have always wanted to do, but am unable to, and that is why I support him.

He's the cinema version of the actor who breaks the "fourth wall". It sounds funny but I always compared him to Hurley from Lost. Hurley always said the things that seemed to be on the viewers' minds and in a language a real person would use. Dr. Paul is like that. He seems to be veering from the script and speaking to the audience and ignoring the other actors.

That's why he's in my cool book.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I had said before in other places, that I had been back and forth about Ron Paul. I am/have been, a Democrat voter. Social Security is a sacred issue close to the lifeblood of my beating heart. I had ripped into Paul's attitude toward certain illegal videos, but I do understand, he merely wishes for State say, versus my desire for Federal, in that regard.

And then I was thinking about the trade off. Someone who will stand ---against--- the Globalist Bankers and all these horrifically wastefull (in lives as well as dollars) anti-human anti-peace anti-prosperity wars of aggression.

Sounds like a good trade off to me.

Ron Paul for 2012. A Change That We Can Believe In. Yes We Can.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I support the ideas Dr Paul puts foreword not only the man. Do I agree with everything he says?? Nope. But the Pors outweigh the cons 5 to 1.

Carseller the troll will booger up this thread in 3...2....1...
edit on 20-8-2011 by Stovokor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

or kro32, he's always bashing ron paul too...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

i don't know if he "alone" is enough to change the whole mess? even if he become US president,
we need more clone of him.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There's nothing to bash here as the OP didn't give any substance. I can't really comment on what he feels as that's his right. However if he were to be more specific I would certainly be analyzing it

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have Ron's moneybomb site up, which displays his stands on the issues.

End The Fed (Federal Reserve) "(It's) Dishonest, Immoral, Unconstitutional".
.........I agree with that.

Pro Life
.........I agree with that.

Health Care. "Do No Harm"
.........There's some ample text there for you to read, and so I read it, and I cannot disagree with any of it, it all makes common sense to me.

National Defense. "Stong, Secure, Respected".
.........Ron Paul is an Air Force Veteran. Is Rick Perry a veteran? Is Obama a veteran? Here is a -little- I cut from his national security/defense policy text. " Acting as the world’s policeman and nation-building weakens our country, puts our troops in harm’s way, and sends precious resources to other nations in the midst of an historic economic crisis.
Taxpayers are forced to spend billions of dollars each year to protect the borders of other countries, while Washington refuses to deal with our own border security needs."
I agree with that. Makes common sense to me.

Restore America's Prosperity. "Excessive spending, artificial credit, and market manipulation crashed our economy, and no one should be surprised that these same policies continue to prolong the suffering for millions of Americans."
..........I cannot disagree with that. Makes common sense to me.

WORKERS RIGHTS

SECURE BORDERS

ENERGY INDEPENDENCE

STAND UP FOR HOME SCHOOLING

GUN RIGHTS

LOWER TAXES

Those first four, I am on board with.

MAKES COMMON SENSE TO ME.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

exactly, you don't need to rehearse talking points when you're speaking from the heart and this is why Ron Paul doesn't 'sound' like a politician, he 'sounds' like a concerned neighbor!

top topics

join