It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some guys so creepy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
When I was a kid, there was a "nerd" poster; it was a pic of a stereotypical nerd, with little arrows to each facet of his persona, and explaining the significance. From the tape mending his plastic glasses, to the slide rule in a holster on his belt, to the pocket protector for his set of four pens in his shirt pocket.

So what does creepy even look like?

Does he drive a white van with tinted windows? Use a lot of oil in his hair? Have a gold front tooth (on a white guy outside of zz top)? Does he look like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite? I mean, just what exactly are we talking about here?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I used to think that way but I think it's like that other user said. If it's someone you know and usually the two of you get along fine... it's not a problem. It's only when you're just starting to get to know them that it could be a problem.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Being creepy isn't about how you look. It's about how you act. Someone can look completely normal yet act like a psychopath. They may be doing it intentionally or unintentionally. I found this one forum post on some other forum that goes into detail about the different types of creepy people (stalkers, creepers, Pick up artists, pedohiples, and so on) www.wrongplanet.net... There's something offputting about creepy people.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm a guy and I know I've had a lot of interpersonal issues in the past myself... but a lot of guys are downright creepy. Whenever I see guys talking about texting girls or talking to girls over internet communication there are people that say that if a girl doesn't respond to ONE of their texts or TWO of their texts that they'll stop talking to them for good.

Seriously? Just after two texts? What if they were a good friend? Do these people really judge their friendship based on the quantity of the texts they send between each other and not based on the other things that counts?

Some guys are just downright creepy-- and this is coming from a guy.

It's not just a guy thing..I know women who get all pissy if they post something and no one responds to it.Imagine if they were ignored in a text! Shocking how they aren't really the center of the universe,isn't it? heh.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tired
man, this thread makes me feel old!

Me too. People have forgotten how to talk, or why it's important... I have little use for texts/social media/etc. beyond the occasional use and if that is the go-to medium for communication in a relationship, then count me out.

edit on 21-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS

Originally posted by tired
man, this thread makes me feel old!

Me too. People have forgotten how to talk, or why it's important... I have little use for texts/social media/etc. beyond the occasional use and if that is the go-to medium for communication in a relationship, then count me out.

edit on 21-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

Today you need to text first and make sure that people are available to talk.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

It's not a bad thing really. There was once a time that I used to wonder why people weren't getting back to my calls or things like that. Now I just text them and ask them if they're available, and then, I can talk to them! It's an easy way to get people to talk really. It's surprising how well it works.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

a) There are many texts that don't necessarily provoke one to respond. These guys should consider that maybe their text didn't make it clear they were looking for a reply.

b) There are many people who aren't married to their phones or facebook, who simply don't feel the need to be so chained, and simply don't check it as often. I know, I'm one of them. On the weekends, it is highly doubtful you'll even see me online. That's my Real Life enjoyment time...

c) Many guys are WAY creepier in real life..than online...so there is that to consider. I think most guys that radiate the "creepy" vibe lack confidence and likely may not have been involved in too many relationships yet.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think guys who complain about other guys is pretty damn creepy.

I mean, why are you so interested in the relationships of people you know absolutely nothing about?

Pretty creepy.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I know what you mean, men are all creepers when it comes to women or girls in your case!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I'm a guy and I know I've had a lot of interpersonal issues in the past myself... but a lot of guys are downright creepy. Whenever I see guys talking about texting girls or talking to girls over internet communication there are people that say that if a girl doesn't respond to ONE of their texts or TWO of their texts that they'll stop talking to them for good.

Seriously? Just after two texts? What if they were a good friend? Do these people really judge their friendship based on the quantity of the texts they send between each other and not based on the other things that counts?

Some guys are just downright creepy-- and this is coming from a guy.

That's nothing.

I hate when my fellow man talks about sex or brag about their girlfriends/fiances/wives and what they can do in bed. Disgusts me.

Then again, in my previous job there were young girls and women talking about who they slept with or kissed or were attracted to the previous weekend and that disgusted me too.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Those are also true.

I barely use my phone unless I have to text in an emergency for whatever reason. Never phone others, never text others, no one does that back to me anyway. Don't understand people who are constantly glued to the phone texting or talking who then complain that they haven't had a response in 5 minutes.

There's also that thing where guys and some girls think that texting or being online helps them remain inconspicuous and therefore they can be creepy and say things to people they wouldn't say to their faces, like "tits or GTFO". Man that annoys me. Civility and respect gone completely out the window and damn, I'm an 80s birth so what does that say when I'm frustrated and disgusted by my own age group?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Whenever I see guys talking about texting girls or talking to girls over internet communication there are people that say that if a girl doesn't respond to ONE of their texts or TWO of their texts that they'll stop talking to them for good.

I'll stop texting them period after about 3 texts on 3 separate occasions because I just make the assumption the girl doesn't want to be bothered talking to me at all. I'm not just going to sit there just hitting up her line if she doesn't reply back.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Lol, I don't about the whole texting thing. But as a man I do quite frequently come across men that creep me out and I think to myself I can only imagine what a woman thinks. But the creepy guys I'm referring to general make me think rapist and/or child molester.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked
But the creepy guys I'm referring to general make me think rapist and/or child molester.

I know what you mean. I hate when you end up talking to someone like that at a party. I always get way too drunk in those situations and start trying to intimidate them. I don't know why. I am frequently called the most zen person in my social group but when someone pulls out the crazy when Im drinking I'm just like "Oh you crazy huh?"

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Guys are creepy because of one word.

vah gine ahh

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
As a female I have had a few cases of guys who got stalker like that really freaked me out, so I would rather a guy forget to call me back than call me more than one in a day, if we are just getting to know each other. It's hard now these days though to know what to expect. Cell phones and social media have made things more complicated than they need to be.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well having 2 younger sisters I have seen them date some creepy guys, a few that I personally had to straighten out.

After those episodes I would ask them why, never got a good answer.

For a smile here is a video for you all

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

I know it is a joke and all but seeing as John Waters is very, very gay I'm kinda left scratching my head.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Guys are creepy because of one word.

vah gine ahh

No,it is 'LACK OF'

if anything at all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join