It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some guys so creepy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm a guy and I know I've had a lot of interpersonal issues in the past myself... but a lot of guys are downright creepy. Whenever I see guys talking about texting girls or talking to girls over internet communication there are people that say that if a girl doesn't respond to ONE of their texts or TWO of their texts that they'll stop talking to them for good.

Seriously? Just after two texts? What if they were a good friend? Do these people really judge their friendship based on the quantity of the texts they send between each other and not based on the other things that counts?

Some guys are just downright creepy-- and this is coming from a guy.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I see it as well, and I blame TV. Seriously. Too many unrealistic representations of social norms. For example, almost every show has a "bad boy" loner, always mad or upset, conflicted, yet females flock to him. In real life, that's the kind of person that gets looked at as a freak. People don't get that anymore.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You are absolutely right.
People in general, are much less tolerant of anything nowadays, than before.

edit on 2011-8-20 by tomten because: spell check

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I've seen this behaviour in Women as well.

Me?

I'm a politically incorrect happy jackass. What you see is what you get, no games.

For some reason, some girls actually like me...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Whats wrong in that? If you don't get a reply for a few hours or few days there could be variety of reasons and thats absolutely fine. But what about people especially girls once they see those messages and just ignores them outright but they reply other people just fine? In that case, it makes sense not to speak at all. Once you are being ignored for no apparent reason, why would you want to be friends unless you have the right to know the reason?
Just my thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

That makes no sense at all. They could just be busy in which case you could just text them again the next day or so and they'll get back to you. Why the need to be so impatient? Why are you so happy about it? Would you stop talking to a family member if they did the same thing? I think not.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Aaah, I know exaclty what you mean. The weird thing is that just recently, I got told by my friends to not be so creepy because I spoke to a girl less that 3 days after I met her. (Apparently that comes across as a stalker)
I was like... whaaat?!
I think relationship etiquette is quite confusing... (read pointless). Mini-rant over

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

That makes no sense at all. They could just be busy in which case you could just text them again the next day or so and they'll get back to you. Why the need to be so impatient? Why are you so happy about it? Would you stop talking to a family member if they did the same thing? I think not.

They could just be busy, yet they reply to other people before logging off! I mean is it too much to ask to at least get a reply saying for example; "Hey (insert name here), I don't have time right now. I'll reply to you later.
"

Ignorance in every sense is as low as it gets.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Desperation does such things to a man. He's got to be cool, calm, collected, and confident to get by.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I have text-ed my friend with whom I was a very good friend the whole of last year. We had some great time together. Today our friendship is no where. Its lost. May be she found new friends and places that she liked so she stopped texting me?

And of late I don't mail her much except may be once every month. What is the use of communication if one cannot use it to get to people especially given that they were your close friends not so long ago?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think it really depends on the situation. If it was someone you met last week and exchanged numbers with and you text them twice and they do not respond - safe to say let it be because they are obviously not interested.

If it is someone you have known for a while and communicate with regularly - then they were probably busy and I would call/text again later.

Those are my thoughts on it and I'm a girl.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
When you all get out of high school you will get over it.

What is this, some kind of teenage lonely hearts forum?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
man, this thread makes me feel old!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How about girls that ask you to call them but when you do they are like "I meant text me... no one actually calls people anymore..."

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think this whole cell phone age is creepy, who needs to talk to people when you can just text them? Maybe peoples personalities are so bad the only way they can seem half decent are through letters instead of words just my opinion of course....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Not a psychologist, but I think a lot of people have this deep fear of rejection that they harbor in their subconscious. If someone does not respond back in their time frame they consider it a form of rejection. The brain is wired to avoid pain and seek pleasure. Rejection brings about pain in some people.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

Not a psychologist, but I think a lot of people have this deep fear of rejection that they harbor in their subconscious. If someone does not respond back in their time frame they consider it a form of rejection. The brain is wired to avoid pain and seek pleasure. Rejection brings about pain in some people.

That is exactly how I feel. You basically described me.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Real men actually talk to girls. If I was a women and you sent me a text I figure you didn't have time for me. This is why people have no interpersonal skill and usually fail in relationships.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join