It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 years old pay mortgage too early, faces foreclosure from Bank Of America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Kro is just a troll. quit feeding the troll maybe he will go back under his bridge. this is the second Thread he has hijacked with his idiocy..

On the note of this thread. The bank should be found fraudulent and be kicked in the arse. You see this allot actually. when i was working making plenty of money and made a simple mistake the bank said hey its cool you have plenty of money in your account. Since we know we can count on your continued funding of us we will allow it. But the second this poor old lady makes a mistake they look at her funds and say.. hmmm she isn't helping us make more money lets take her house. Its idiotic she has payed the whole time and once she made a small mistake they think they can take her place.. The system that allows this should be brought down.
Therian

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by TheRedneck

Well a good example is that I noticed more money in my bank account than should have been there once. Upon asking my wife about this she said she didn't make a credit card payment because she hadn't recieved the bill yet. I said to her that it needs to be paid the same time every month.

She said that since we make double payments they must have just taken that double payment and applied it to the current month. After kicking my dog I politely asked her if she had taken the time to double check that with the card company. She didn't and our payment was late.

I didn't hold them responsible because we weren't notified as I knew what my responsibility is and this was clearly my fault for missing the payment. Had I sent the payment in and they received it yet didn't credit my account it would have been their fault.

Bbrrrrrrrrr........imagine being your wife.........*shivers.
I'm surprised that wasn't grounds for instant divorce, (Of course the pre-nup you insisted she sign would ensure you wouldn't run at a loss for this inconvenience.)
What were the repercussions, if I may ask, for her negligent behavior?
edit on 20-8-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I think you read that wrong. She made her payment early and they're throwing her out. She didn't miss a payment. You must be a heart-less person to think she actually deserves this.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I hate BOA with a passion. I once worked for a small company that was owned by a senior VP at BOA. I had been with the company well before he bought it from the original owner and was recognized by our vendors as having done my job quite well (among the tops in the country). Anyway, about 1 1/2 yrs after he bought the company I was in the process of buying a new house. He gave me a number of someone to call at BOA who could handle the mortgage for me. I called 3 times and left a message each time, identifying myself and the person who referred me. To this day I have never gotten a return call.

Long story short, I got a mortgage through a local bank that handled the financing for some of our customers and got a pretty good deal. Once the owner of my company found out he went ballistic, saying that it was disrespectful and a slap in the face. I told him that the reason I didn't bank with BOA was because of a lack of customer service and that is why they did not get an opportunity to earn my business. I was fired on the spot.

2 years later the company went out of business and he lost his shirt. I laughed.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Society can only coddle people so long before the system collapses. Does everyone need their hand held nowadays and be forgiven everytime they mess up.

Sorry but if you screw up you deal with the consequences and learn from your mistake. That's the problem with America is that nobody is allowed to fail anymore. Sorry she is gonna lose her home for not being able to follow simple rules but if you can't do it than ask for help.

thats funny because i recall our government giving boa $20 billion in cash, and assuming 118billion in debt.

so your position on the topic, is that its ok to for commercial entities to royally # up, without being held accountable at all. while real people lose their shirt over a typo?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan
Don't worry. they won't be kicked out. No man can be that evil.

What planet have you been living on for the past 4 years?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I had a good experience in loan modification with CitiMortgage. However, you must follow the rules and submit the paperwork on time and correctly. If you think for a minute that you need help to do that, get it or you may lose the home. There are millions of these foreclosures and loan modifications. The banks are overwhelmed. If you create a "glitch" in your submission, you may be at the bottom of the stack. Like taxes, get help if you need it. There are free sources.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Par for the course, I'm afraid.
In response to this sad, sad story, I will be closing my bank accounts that I have with BOA next week. I would do it tomorrow, but it's Sunday.
I would urge everyone else to do the same. We should all pull our money out of these huge banks, and deposit with small local banks. Unfortunately, that is the only way we can make ourselves heard by these soulless bastards. Sorry for the profanity, but that's just the way it is.
Noro

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I understand the comments that she is an adult and responsible for her own dealings.
However, she is 78.
We as a society are supposed to take care of the elderly.
I'm sure there is a BOA branch where she lives. Someone working in that branch could take up the responsibility of reminding her to pay her bill each month.
Come on folks, if you work for a big corporation and see inhuman acts like this say something.
Like Mitt Romney said corporations are people. Therefor corporations should behave humanely.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Society can only coddle people so long before the system collapses. Does everyone need their hand held nowadays and be forgiven everytime they mess up.

Sorry but if you screw up you deal with the consequences and learn from your mistake. That's the problem with America is that nobody is allowed to fail anymore. Sorry she is gonna lose her home for not being able to follow simple rules but if you can't do it than ask for help.

A simple mistake is not coddling. The system is collapsing because of governments that steal your money, bankers that take the governments money to lend to you at a higher rate than they pay, no fiscal responsibility on the part of your elected officials. Not because some old lady didn't put her 9 digit code in properly. I hope you have serious savings for your old age, because the government will not be able to provide you with social security.
I also can't wait for you to take care of your dying spouse and make a simple mistake that would throw your world upside down. The problem with America is that nobody is allowed to fail anymore? Not if you are a big company...but yes, alot of people are failing, as you did with your post.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
trust me, this is a sad state of affairs that the elderly couple is in.

and disregard Kro32...it seems that they pull a check by trolling ATS, i've seen some of the most inflammitory(sp) bs fly off it's fingers in many other threads.

it seems to me, the elderly couple paying their mortgage early, looks to BoA like the elderly couple are trying to pay their debt off early, thereby stealing the chance for BoA to kill them off of the interest.

i know i shook my head in disgust when i bought my house and seen how much i'll be paying should i take the loan to full term.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
Bank of America is only one of the many that need to be torched to the ground while we revel at banksters being hanged in the streets.......... This type of harassment is getting real old, we need to stand up and do something about these crooks, take to the streets, burn them out of hiding, and hunt them down like the dogs they are, and make them pay for every persons life they have been a part of hurting.. My parents are in a jam with Chase right now, for something that Chase is responsible for, yet these people think they can speak to you however they want, treat you however they want, and get away with it. HOPE FOR CHANGE!

A few words for this...little late to the thread but: #occupywallstreet #sept17 occupywallst.org... It's time we take back what's ours. Banks are corrupt, governments are corrupt. They want to take everything that is ours and not theirs. They live in mansions while we struggle paycheck to paycheck. Its time that we stand up for ourselves instead of this falsely elected government who only cares about themselves. When a politician complains about not seeing their garden more than thinking about the people (Harry Reid) Then you know that the people are truly screwed in every way possible.
edit on 21-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

What exactly is it about your signature that makes it contradictory? It is quite logical, and adheres well to modern scientific thought on the matter.

You should really look into changing that. It really shows your ignorance of the matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatientZer0
reply to post by DragonFire1024

What exactly is it about your signature that makes it contradictory? It is quite logical, and adheres well to modern scientific thought on the matter.

You should really look into changing that. It really shows your ignorance of the matter.

Since this is off topic, it will be deleted. We are taught, in certain religions, that everything we see was created by "god" instead of everything being created by nature. We are then, hypothetically speaking, forced to believe what we see is created by him, instead of it being created by nature.

Last I heard, there is more science to back up the universe and etc was created by nature, and not a god. So where does "modern science" agree that "god" created all we see?
edit on 21-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: add

edit on 21-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: quotes

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

This poor woman needs help ASAP. BAC and all these other big mortgage companies had this planned way before she had an issue. They were just waiting for her to mess up. Her mortgage probably isn't even legal. She also needs to check the chain of title on her property. Most have clouded titles. This mess is called the biggest ponzi sceme in history! BAC is one of the worst offenders. I'm in the same 'illegal mortgage/foreclosure boat'. Fortunately so far, I've been able to stay ahead of their illegal scam. If you have MERS in your original loan documents, you should get legal advise if your facing foreclosure. If they are trying to foreclose using MERS, (Mortgage Electronic Registration System) as the note holder, MERS has no legal authority to foreclose. Only the real investor/note holder, not BAC or MERS, has the legal authority to foreclose. BAC in most cases is only the collection company, as you will hear in the pre-recorded message when you call; 'This is an attempt to collect a debt'. Also, you have the right to know who your investor/note holder is. So far, BAC has given me 3 different answers. Also, an organization called NACA, (Neighborhood Assistance Corp of America) offers free help to people facing foreclosure. This is from their site:
NACA’S HOME SAVE PROGRAM - OVERVIEW
The mortgage crisis is the result of unbelievable greed and exploitation by Wall Street and the largest financial institutions. While the major lenders in America and the world try to blame the homeowners, it is clear that they provided mortgages to working people that were structured to fail.
NACA has been in the forefront of fighting these lenders as well as being nationally recognized as the largest and most effective organization in assisting homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage. The primary NACA solution is to restructure the existing mortgage by permanently reducing the interest rate to achieve an affordable mortgage payment. This is the best solution for homeowners with an unaffordable mortgage payment. Thousands of homeowners working with NACA have had there mortgages restructured with interest rates reduced to 4%, 3% and as low as 2% and where necessary the outstanding principal reduced. Homeowners often save over $500 a month and some over $1,000 a month.
As a result of NACA’s aggressive advocacy and state-of-the-art operations, we have legally binding agreements with all the major lenders/servicers and investors (i.e. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) covering approximately 90% of homeowners to achieve to a restructure or forbearance and is advocating against others. All of NACA’s services are Free. NACA also provides for free a forensic audit to determine any violations in obtaining your current mortgage. www.naca.com... KEEP FIGHTING!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Must be more to the story. No bank wants an empty house that they cant sell. They would not make a move on just one late payment anyway. Sounds like the media was called by someone, given a sob story and took off with the article.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

She did not make the payment. She punched the wrong buttons which is like you sending money to someone else or some other account. Anyway there is more to the story. Banks dont want houses, they cant sell the ones they have. Remember the media wrote this

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Great point. I have talked with many who say stay away from BOA home loans. I also bank with Citi and have never had a problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

I wouldn't jump off a bridge because someone told you a sad story. Not smart. There is more to this story. The banks dont want houses they can not sell; they already have lots of them. The media is not telling you everything so the story gets more play

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

the biggest screw ups in this mess came from the bankers, wall street, and mers.....

bank of american probably can't even foreclose on this property legally,
they'll need the aide of ROBOSIGNERS!!!

what's good for the goose is good for the gander!!
if this little old lady, with her dying husband can be kicked out of the home because of some technical legal mumble jumbo about paying too early on a payment (which seems insane to me!!)
well....
why on earth are the taxpayers paying for the massive screwups that bank of america, wall street, and mers have created!!!
if the couple should lose their house, well, then these people should be paying out the arse buying back all those toxic assetts.....
instead taxpayer's money has been used!!!

no, they don't want the houses,
they want all evidence of the crime closed up, files thrown into boxes and stored where the sun never shines till the end of days!! they want these mortgages closes asap!! even if it means kicking people out of the houses and declaring a loss...
the bigger lose would be for it to be revealed that some of these securities were sold multiple times, that they've shredded the notes, that the investors were sold a bill of goods that was basically known to be a lie by the ones selling them!!! that it was all one huge scam that made some people very very wealthy, while wiping out pensions funds, insurance reserve funds, city and community funds, ect!!!
edit on 21-8-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join