It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 years old pay mortgage too early, faces foreclosure from Bank Of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Can BAC go under already so this kind of BS stops? Pretty please?

Pasco couple fear losing home to foreclosure for paying mortgage too early

Seventy-year-old Sharon Bullington may lose her home because she paid her mortgage a week early.

That may not make much sense to the thousands of homeowners who are behind on their mortgages in Florida. But it seems it does to Bank of America, which has filed to foreclose on Bullington and her husband, James, 78, who is terminally ill.

"It's like death to me," Sharon Bullington said, her voice quivering on the phone Friday. "My husband is bedridden. It's almost more than I can bear."

When James became ill, the couple encountered financial difficulties because of high medical bills. The couple asked Bank of America to modify the loan.

There was a catch. The couple would have to first officially default on their $1,400-a-month payment. The couple did that and entered into the modification plan, which reduced their payment to $916.

Sharon Bullington made the January payment on Dec. 23, and the bank accepted the money, according to court records.

The next month, she made the February payment over the phone. Weeks later, the money had not been withdrawn from her bank account. After Bullington asked the bank about it, a representative told her she had punched in the wrong routing number. In March, the bank kicked the couple out of the modification plan.

Bullington pleaded for help in a June letter to Bank of America president Brian Moynihan and U.S. Rep. Gus Bilirakis, R-Palm Harbor.

One of Moynihan's aides, Ana Olivera, told Bullington the foreclosure could not be stopped. She wrote in a two-page letter that the payment due on Jan. 1, 2011, had been made in December.

"In accordance with the Trial Payment Letter dated December 15, 2010, it indicates that if you are not able to make each payment in the month in which it is due, you will not be eligible for a modification under the Home Affordable Modification Program," the letter said.

So basically it's the woman's fault, but come on... they have the money to pay.... this is outrageous they are doing this to these poor people, while literally MILLIONS of people have not paid their mortgages for YEARS and have not been foreclosed on yet because the banks know they don't have the proper documents to prove they own the house...

A comment I found...

If her trembling, aged hands, surely weakened from the exertion of caring for her dying husband, hadn't fumbled while entering the simple nine digit code for her bank's routing number, BoA wouldn't have to endure the hardship of throwing her and her bedridden and dying charge out on the street. She really should have been more careful.

Sarcasm of course.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
the comment was meant to be sarcastic. Badly timed though.
Don't worry. they won't be kicked out. No man can be that evil.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The police make an error.......your door gets kicked in.
The bank makes an error.......you lose your door.
The government makes an error....you lose everything.
You make an error.....the police kick in your door, the bank takes your door and the government takes anything thats left.

Seems like there's a little inequality there somewhere.

According to the pattern when you make an error you should be able to kick in the police's door, take the banks door and take anything you can from the government.

ETA:

I had a similar incident last year. I went to pay registration fees and incorrectly entered my routing number. I realized it almost immediately. I called the DMV and they said I did it right. I got my stickers. Still knew I did it wrong and went to the DMV with my stickers and checkbook and told them what I did. They said "you have your stickers. You wouldnt have your stickers if you did it wrong."

Sure enough two weeks later I get a letter telling me I owed late fees and my registration was suspended until I paid.

I went out of my way to fix the error. Nobody believed me. Nobody would help me. Because the almighty computer said I had paid and lord knows I would never have gotten my stickers if I hadnt paid because the system is just so perfect.

Im thankful that the state police didnt pull me out of my house and charge me with fraud.
edit on 20-8-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Bank of America is only one of the many that need to be torched to the ground while we revel at banksters being hanged in the streets.......... This type of harassment is getting real old, we need to stand up and do something about these crooks, take to the streets, burn them out of hiding, and hunt them down like the dogs they are, and make them pay for every persons life they have been a part of hurting.. My parents are in a jam with Chase right now, for something that Chase is responsible for, yet these people think they can speak to you however they want, treat you however they want, and get away with it. HOPE FOR CHANGE!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Reading about this makes me feel sick. Is it any wonder people have had enough of Corporations, they are devoid of humanity and heart. This post alone would successfully recruit for Sept 17th US Rage Day.

I hope someone can help these people. The stress must be enormous within that home.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Society can only coddle people so long before the system collapses. Does everyone need their hand held nowadays and be forgiven everytime they mess up.

Sorry but if you screw up you deal with the consequences and learn from your mistake. That's the problem with America is that nobody is allowed to fail anymore. Sorry she is gonna lose her home for not being able to follow simple rules but if you can't do it than ask for help.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I swear, the more I read about each day, the more I become convinced that the government and the banks are doing whatever they can to ensure that the lid blows off of this nation and rioting ensues. Of course, the parties responsible will be long gone by the time the first moltov is tossed

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Society can only coddle people so long before the system collapses. Does everyone need their hand held nowadays and be forgiven everytime they mess up.

Sorry but if you screw up you deal with the consequences and learn from your mistake. That's the problem with America is that nobody is allowed to fail anymore. Sorry she is gonna lose her home for not being able to follow simple rules but if you can't do it than ask for help.

This is nonsense.

Who is not allowed to fail in America, a 70 year old woman, or the corporation that is taking her to the woodshed?

The problem with this country is that you have sociopaths that don't have an ounce of compassion for anyone. Do you have a mother? A grandmother? Would you shrug if the same were happening to them?

Sick stuff man. Kick old ladies into the street, cut off their social security, toss the elderly into mass graves!! that's the American way!!
edit on 20-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
reply to post by Vitchilo

Reading about this makes me feel sick. Is it any wonder people have had enough of Corporations, they are devoid of humanity and heart. This post alone would successfully recruit for Sept 17th US Rage Day.

I hope someone can help these people. The stress must be enormous within that home.

The day of rage is a CIA operation.

No one plans a day of rage by collecting names and telephone numbers. Do not participate. Any real day of rage will be unplanned and truly unstoppable.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

She obviously doesn't have the mental capacity any longer to pay bills correctly. If I had been under this plan and knew the consequences of a payment not being made you can make sure I would check than double check to make sure they got it.

This woman needs to be in an environment where people will do these simple tasks for her since she no longer has the ability.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well it`s stories like this that make me change banks.

Anyone dealing with this bank should close their accounts today not tomorrow I mean today right now.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Now multiply that story by thousands and you have an idea of what is really happening in America.

I flagged this simply because there is more than one way for a bank (or any business) to go under. We tend to wait around and hope that they will do something inordinately stupid or get sued or just run out of money... but we are the ones who determine who stays in business and who doesn't.

We seem obsessed by our elections into government offices, and who we will cast our vote for. Yet we forget that each of us casts votes for and against business every single day, simply by choosing who we do business with. If I am entering into any financial matter and hear the words "Bank of America" or "Citi-whatever", the deal is off. That's my vote. I will not do business with either of them. One of the reasons I have no debt is that debt can be sold off without my approval (or even knowledge), and I will not do business with those two companies.

I also will not do business with Echostar/Dish Network. They have pulled similar stunts on me (with obviously much lower consequences) in the past. I strive to avoid doing business with certain local shops in my area; I know people who have been taken advantage of by them. I will not do business with US Sprint, because they purposely and intentionally ran a company called Truckstop.Net out of operation some years back, denying truckers the best Internet access network available at the time, because Sprint had performed shoddy work and was upset because it was demanded they repair their blunders.

I will not vote for those companies to survive.

Behr Paint, while I was driving for a living, was always professional and pleasant to deal with when delivering and picking up loads. Other paint manufacturers were rude, disrespectful, and totally unconcerned about the drivers ability to fulfill their tasks according to the legal requirements we have forced upon us. I believe that a company treats their truck drivers the way they want to treat everyone, so when I buy paint, I buy Behr. If I can't afford Behr, I can't afford to paint.

I will not buy a car, any car, from the local Buick dealer, even though I love Buicks. They tried to lie to me several times in the past; relationship over. I will go out of town if necessary.

Some years back, while repairing a friend's computer, I discovered that Compaq was using proprietary software and hardware to force owners of their machines to buy only Compaq-sold accessories and upgrades. Since then I will not buy anything made by Compaq, including their laptops (which I am told are actually not that bad) and now anything made by HP since the merger. I will do business with Dell, Gateway, Acer... but not Compaq. Not even a mouse with the name across it.

I also charge extra to work on Compaq products, if I will accept the job at all. The extra is for my time and frustration trying to make the machine work to the customer's desires instead of the manufacturer's.

Every time I make a decision to go to this company instead of that company, or to do without some convenience for a while because of the economic consequences of dealing with a poor company, I am voting for those companies I like and against those I don't. When I go to bed at night, I am satisfied that I have done my best today to choose who should and should not be allowed to stay in business.

Now if only others would do the same, stories like this would not be so plentiful. Alas, in this society, whenever I try to explain this principle to others, I get those weird looks and the explanation that "my convenience is worth more than my ability to 'vote' financially" or "I don't have enough money to make a difference".

Ah, well. I'm still doing my part.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Honestly, this country is going downhill fast. I don't know how I'm going to do it when I have a family of my own.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Well it`s stories like this that make me change banks.

Anyone dealing with this bank should close their accounts today not tomorrow I mean today right now.

I can't fathom why people still deal with BoA, Wells Fargo, etc etc.

I use my credit union, and I have an emergency fund of cash on hand locked safely away in case SHTF. Hopefully that money will still have some value, either to spend or to use as toilet paper/fodder for open fires

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Who cares about homeowners or petty mortgage payments when the bank just gets reimbursed in full from the government for any loss and the bank can still short sale the property for a profit?

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You guys don't seem to notice that the bank did work with her and adjusted her mortgage so she could have easier payments. How many times must they keep holding this womans hand.

There comes a time when you have to let people be an adult. Next month it will probably be another issue with her they have to deal with.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Sharon Bullington, who has no children or siblings, said she is the sole caregiver for her ill husband, who cannot move from the home in his condition. She said she has repeatedly contacted the bank, but nobody will talk to her.
Source: www.tampabay.com...

Reading: it does a body good.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Kro do you have stock in BoA?

Otherwise, there's no way that you can defend their actions.

Unless you're a sociopath, of course.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Yes everyone has an excuse. They should amend the Constitution to say that. You will not be held accountable for anything if you have an excuse.

It's funny that i've never been able to not reach someone when I needed to. Sure it may take persistance and be frustrating but you do eventually get through, or is she implying that as soon as they heard her voice they hung up on her.

Please

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

So if next month she can't pay because of some other reason should the bank just let that slide also? You guys don't want to give anyone responsibility. The bank already gave her a second chance and she screwed it up...how many chances should she get?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join