It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents of Windsor, Ontario shaken by strange underground rumbling

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Ministry or the environment....Just curious, have we begun to trust the government? LOL

Just kidding, I hear what your saying, but even the city councilor thinks more study is warranted before we rule out the mines. As I alluded to in my earlier post, even at great distances (specially if water is a factor, as sound moves faster through it) we can feel blasting at great distances.

I am just not ready to rule it out, that's all.

As we are on a conspiracy website here is another theory...maybe our government is tunneling under the Detroit river in order to send our army to attack the states.....ha, ha!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maarhuis

I live right almost exactly in that area as well, gladstone and assumption, I have yet to hear anything but I am waiting. There's been crazy UFO sightings going on in our area though, especially towards the bridge, so keep a camera handy, and be on your porch at night.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We may have a possible answer here as well.

The process of fracking is sure to make noise as the bedrock is fractured.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Any interested in anomalous sounds and electronic harassment needs to check this site out: www.whale.to... It details a couple trying to find the source of a destructive noise back in 1982!
edit on 6-9-2011 by nitro67 because: I am a moron!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Some more news regarding the subject, a new article from my home paper's website;

WINDSOR, Ont. -- It seemed as if the mysterious rumblings had subsided, according to Grete MaKenzie, but Sunday night through early Monday the low pitch humming came back with a vengeance.

“It was the loudest it’s ever been,” she said about the inexplicable rumblings she and thousands of Windsorites have reported hearing in the past eight months.

Read more: www.windsorstar.com...

They're going to be holding a meeting on the 29th, I'll be sure to keep you updated!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow, I was just outside trying to get my dog in (he was barking yet again) and it was the loudest I've ever heard it. It sounded like a bunch of explosions going off one after the other non-stop, but in the distance. VERY weird. I'm in the East side of the city too, they say it's much louder in the West end.
Me and a few other people have come to the conclusion that the Canadian Military could be tunnelling underground in conjunction with the U.S. There is no other possible explanation in my mind, it would explain all the recent military training, which our city NEVER gets.

Here is a new link with locations mapped (mine not included); blogs.windsorstar.com...

edit on 13-9-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: specified location

edit on 13-9-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: explaining my theory

edit on 13-9-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: providing link

edit on 13-9-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My father is a GP in Windsor. I'll ask him tonight if any of his patients have mentioned the noises.

I asked him monday if he noticed anything strange lately and he did mention that in the past 2 weeks there have been a lot of people with flu-like symptoms who are not actually sick because of a virus. He said there's one cold going around, but that's it. Still, there are a lot of people reporting nausea, fatigue and other symptoms of the flu.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Now I can't seem to get Windsor's AM800 to tune in for Coast to Coast AM. It's been fine for the past year or two, I haven't had interference like this since I first moved here in 2007. I guess this is around the time that the noises are reported to be the worst right? It's 1:45 AM est here.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is amazing! I am so stoked to see that people are describing the same thing I went through ten years ago....actually I am not. It is very disturbing and I also think man made tech. may have a hand in all this.....check this thread out for more great info and stories: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Damn! My radio signal just got screwed up again.

AM800 2:06 AM est. Very bad interference.

So who's in Windsor? Are you hearing the sounds again?

I wonder what they heck they are doing...... It's happening every night around the same time.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well, they THINK they found out the cause, but in my honest humble opinion as a Windsor resident, I think it's all a cover story so they can get away with their real project without any more civilian attention.

“I’ve been informally told that, yes, they think it’s Zug Island,” Windsor-Tecumseh MPP and Liberal Finance Minister Dwight Duncan said Wednesday night.

“This is a major step forward,” said city Coun. Al Maghnieh, who has taken a lead role in pursuing the source of the so-called Windsor Hum. “Having said that, it’s going to be a bigger challenge dealing with an American company on American soil,” added the Ward 10 councillor, referring to U.S. Steel and the other private holdings on Zug.

www.windsorstar.com...

Still wreaks to high hell, first they said it was nothing man-made now they're saying this, seems like someone can't get the story right. However if they really are doing what some of us suspect they're doing it's going to be hard to prove. If you haven't read my previous post some of us here believe that Canada with help from America is tunnelling under Windsor/Detroit (exact location unknown but tunnel will stretch across both borders); this would explain the recent surge of terrorist/police training here which we NEVER get, and I have a friend in the Army (who I will never name so don't bother asking) who says that they do not train unless they have credible information to act on. Just something to keep your eyes open for.

Another possibility that people were throwing around is the Great Lakes conspiracy and how they're draining them, but I have a harder time believing this one because sucking water wouldn't make explosion sounds...Sure they COULD be doing it, maybe they really are, but I highly doubt it's the cause of these rumblings.

Hope to have brought some clarity to people!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The haven't solved diddley . . . they simply claim to know the area from which it eminates.

Nice how they decided to add the name of one candidate for the upcoming provincial election who will probably stump around now saying, See . . . us Liberals get stuff done. We've solved your rumblying problems . . . vote for us . . . yeah . . . vote for us

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Looks like you Ontarians may be able to blame us Michiganians for the humming noises. Seismic test in Windsor place the humming noises on this side of the border:

Teri Gilbert, a spokeswoman for the Ontario Ministry of Environment, said that seismic monitors in Windsor in recent weeks traced the hum's source to the river's U.S. side.

"The data is very clear," she said. "It's coming from an area of approximately 1 square kilometer in or near Zug Island in the city of River Rouge." A square kilometer equals about four-tenths of a square mile.

River Rouge takes steps to fix odd humming in Windsor

Trust me, Zug Island has been the brunt of many jokes over the years, but humming noises is a new one for me

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join