It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents of Windsor, Ontario shaken by strange underground rumbling

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I live on an island in the middle of the detroit river right across from windsor. I havent noticed anything but will definitley be on the lookout and try to tape anything unusual.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Im Windsor Resident, Ive personaly have not heard the rumbling but my cousin was at baseball game in South Pacific area and they heard it.. He said he felt in his feet like a Giant was walking around that effect, i Live on Lincoln Road by Ottawa i havent felt a thing yet. But what is interesting and i dont no if its related are the UFO sightings. On the Aug 13 me my cousins saw UFO just north overhead toward the river it appeared and disapreaed in a stationary position. On the 18th My cousin was at work on Dougle St, he and lots of witnesses saw stationary object by the moon. As everyone was watching it it disapreaed at around 7 am..That night around 8 pm, us three were outside and we saw bright star object in the sky same area as on the 13 it lasted for about ten minutes then winked out...i got 194 photos of it..its on youtube...anyhow thought id toss that in there.. looking forward to hearing the rumbling though wish it happen here i no there are huge laborinth of salt mines under Windsor Detroit and the river all the way to Sarnia or more..maybe its related..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Someone did start a thread mapping out these strange noises
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've heard about this, I'm afraid to say that prime minister HAARPer is preparing the underground bases, he already has draconians in underground canadian military bases, hes expanding

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

my most possible explinations:

-magnetic forces either planetary or from space

-natural underground electricty?

-could be coming from an above ground source and penetrating the ground and maybe reflecting back up giving the impression they are coming from the ground

-side effect of removing so many natural resources from the ground?

ALSO i wonder if there are underground water resiourviours around the area? could be something like that

also also could it be a sound that has always been there but we are only now able to sense
edit on 21-8-2011 by dilapidated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A small town 150 miles from Windsor just got slammed by a huge storm 2 days after the report of the noise. Coincidence?? Read the full aricle. One resident described it as the most violent she's seen. The meida is declaring the area a state of emergency. A severe thunderstorm warning was issed including Windsor where the sound was first heard.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by steve124

AMAZING. This is pointing me in the direction of thinking this is weather control....I hate to say it....HAARP!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

There are supposedly salt mines deep in the earth in Detroit...right across the river.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm from Windsor and am VERY pleased that someone has posted something about this. This has been a pretty interesting ongoing story for the past half year for residents here in Windsor and surrounding areas. I've heard the noise from time to time and don't believe it's any of the reasons they've cited as possible causes. I personally believe that it's being caused from something in space that we're not being told about, something BIG. Brown dawrf star or mystery planet everyone's talking about? Anyways, I say that because it's not just localized to Windsor as lots of people from all around the world have been reporting similar incidents.

I don't think it's HAARP either because there's really nothing outstanding about the area I live in. No military presence, nothing spectacular. We have had some strange weather lately, more odd than normal, but like I said above, I tend to believe it has to do with some outside force.
edit on 21-8-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cfnyaami

There's two salt mines in windsor: en.wikipedia.org...

Seems a logical source of the sound.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cfnyaami

There are supposedly salt mines deep in the earth in Detroit...right across the river.

I was going to say the same here. Maybe work on the mines or a mine collapse. They need to add more radioactive waste and so are working it up for that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Nothing outstanding or spectacular in your area??? Weather just more odd than normal??? Goderich (less than 150 miles away) just got nailed by a storm out of no where...the media is declaring it a state of emergency...

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by steve124

Yeah I just heard about that shortly after getting in, it was such a beautiful day here, only strong winds. But yeah, honestly, pretty much nothing that happens in Windsor is conspiracy worthy other than the occasional UFO sightings, which I've seen personally. That freak storm sounds crazy though, maybe THAT was HAARP but the topic for this thread is the rumblings and not that...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

sounds like this?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
now that i think about it, the sounds seem like a train transport of some kind. i live nearby a railroad for cargo and passenger trains and this is what it sounds like. when the train wheels and tracks are rusty they screech against each other producing a low rumbling sound when echoed over long distances. perhaps there is transport going on underground?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cfnyaami

Does no one else buy WINDSOR salt. Yes Windsor is the source of this salt. The Windsor salt mines are vast.
Mining could definitely be the source of the rumbling.

That is at least one plausible explanation.

Ojibway Mine

Located within the City of Windsor, the Ojibway Mine employs over 230 people and has been in operation since 1955. They use a traditional mining method of drill, blast, muck and are currently mining salt at a level of 290 m beneath the city. Products produced include de-icing and industrial salts and are distributed throughout the Great Lakes region. The mine operates in an exceptionally stable and clean environment. Windsor Salt

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Guys it's not Salt Mines, they've already ruled that out according to everyone here on the streets. If it was Salt Mining we would have heard these rumblings for yearssssss but they only started recently so it cuts the Salt Mine option off the list in my eyes, and I'm FROM and LIVE in Windsor and know it VERY well. Most people believe it isn't from something man-made but aren't open minded enough to believe any reason that may sound suspicious.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Here's something from The Windsor Star from a few weeks ago . . .

Yeah, the salt mine runs through there, but the area in which these noises are being heard and the vibrations felt are in an area where mining ceased a long time ago. The fingers of that mine extend to the east side of the city (the salt mine is actually outside of west Windsor) and under the Detroit River almost to Lake St. Clair.

As you can see from the link, the Ministry of the Environment ruled out 'industrual sources' . . .

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I too am from Windsor. Like you I have never experienced the rumbling while I lived there, but I have also lived in Sudbury, ON where we regularly felt, and according to relatives still do feel, the blasting from the mines below us and at great distances from the city.

We cannot rule it out based on your past rumbling experiences, or lack thereof.

Not saying your wrong but I would not discount blasting from the mines either.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Yes but they've already looked into the Salt Mines and dismissed it as a reason. If you look to the post above you and read the article they provided they rule out Industrial sources, so we're back to square one. Glad to see someone else from Windsor on here though, I thought I was the only one!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join