It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manipulations & Lies in the media! Documented with Ron Paul examples.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This video documentation is a repost of a previous tread that got a little messed up because I found some of the documentation to late to edit it into the first posts. I hope this gives a more coherent explanation. I first got aware about this incident in This montage on youtube.

Media ignore Ron Paul
The media widely ignored Ron's Campaign and results for a longer period of time. But the tide seam’s to be changing and he gets a little attention now...all thou it’s far too little. Documented in this, this and this tread.

So Ron is getting some momentum in the media's, who without doubt will try to make him look worse than he is for some time. The mainstream media manipulate video material a lot more than they want to admit too. Spin is just another word of manipulation. I post this so everyone not already aware of this ongoing manipulation get a chance to wake up.

The manipulation starts
Congressman Paul replicated his 2010 victory over Mitt Romney by defeating the former Governor of Massachusetts for a second consecutive year at the annual CPAC conference. Following video is exposing Fox news trying to manipulate the peoples understanding of what’s really going on.

Apparently enough people complained about it and Fox had to apologize. I like this one where Fox admits they manipulate the clips. I fail to see how it could be a mistake as they claim, it is clearly manipulation.

The manipulation is widespread into a lot, if not all the main stream media. This clip from July show how CNN manipulated and ignored their own pole using some minuscule pole with 54 votes instead.

19/8-2011 As mentioned Ron is getting momentum and the media is forced to interview him. Fox news made another failed manipulation attempt to make Ron Paul look bad.

Watch the question and answer from 5.36 to 6.30, They suggest he could have had a homosexual experience with Rick Perry

Ron answered and explanation of why this is waste of he’s and the viewers time is spot on and make the host look kind of stupid.

Off cause they tried with stupid questions and failed before. Here is a older example on Fox spin against Ron, who once again own them with hes argument's.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Next step is the lies
The next step in the media campaign is when they admits they can’t get him with arguments. Then it is time to lie about him.
I found some older video’s from last election, where the media do just that.

In the first one from 2008 CNN quotes a story from The New York time, that links Ron Paul to nazi’s.

The following clip on CNN is from 2007. Here is some crazy alligations about Ron Paul supporters could be behind terrorism, indicating that RP might be part reason of that terrorism.

Another montage summarizing from 2007 collect a lot of the lies spawned about Ron in the last election. It has a very annoying background music so I did not Embed it here.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Other documentation
Last example before I stop is about Fox It show's clear signs manipulation, trying to argue why the poor Americans isn’t poor.

Almost forgot this 2 hour documentation on the media coverage on Ron Paul in last election.

Last note..let the old tread die and sorry about the repost.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I just hope he doesn't get assassinated.
I'm guessing these apologies were made on the 2pm or 3am news...
It's unfortunate. I hope he can truly help America and the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Required Reading By Yankee451

The Media Are The Enemy

Dirty, Controlled, Sold-Out, Treacherous and Traitorous puppet muppets.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think there are enough of these examples now to prove the medias deception surrounding Ron Paul. The typical excuses like "it was a mistake" don't work when the mistake has been consistently in favor of a certain bias.

If ya had the time and effort, a quantitative analysis could be performed similar to the ones in professor Chomsky's "manufacturing consent". I'm sure the data would end up suggesting that it could not be by chance that so many of the errors in the medias reporting all end up swinging the same way, by chance it should be 50-50 but I bet its more like 99-1.

Unlike the subjective qualitative efforts, such a quantitative analysis could prove on paper with hard numbers that the media is full of crap.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
heY OP. I truly appreciate your efforts in assimilating factual video evidence but that particular incident where the fox presenter asked him about having sex with gays is not what u say it is.she was actually talking about an alleged Paul supporter who put in an ad in the local paper seeking women who have slept with the presidential candidate and wanted Mr.Pauls thots on it.Paul ripped her and rightly so.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What is your opinion about how this aired on FOX?

Is it perhaps that this is close to the truth that was feared to be discovered but still disinformation?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

Originally posted by DoctorSatan
I just hope he doesn't get assassinated.

That would suck.

reply to post by pshea38

That’s a good tread.

reply to post by polarwarrior

Originally posted by polarwarrior
If ya had the time and effort, a quantitative analysis could be performed similar to the ones in professor Chomsky's "manufacturing consent".
Unlike the subjective qualitative efforts, analysis could prove on paper with hard numbers that the media is full of crap.

True.

reply to post by spunkwax

True but they try to alienate him further, addressing him with that kind of silly accusations. He answered it perfectly himself as you also mentioned.

Originally spoken by Ron Paul
I don’t know how something like that qualifies as a question on national TV, as if it’s something serious. So I would say it speaks for itself, and for me to address it Dont know anything about it this is news to me. For me to address that would giving it way to much credibility, and I think bringing it up gives it way more credibility than it deserve. It’s rather silly.

reply to post by gentledissident

To manipulate the truth you need to know it.

The best lies spawn around the truth.

This clip is a tough one. First I thought it was a good reporting, then I watched again. I’m no expert in 9/11, but as I see it you have atleast 3 possibilities.

1. It’s not disinformation which would make it very good journalism.
2. It’s a manipulated truth, where they only show half of the story and forget to tell us, that the Israeli spies worked with TPTB or maybe even your government.
3. It’s a lie. This seams unlikely because Fox is painting a bad picture of one of the US closest allies.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
In this clip from the 2008 election, they accuse Ron of telling things about 9/11 that he don’t say.The accusations is a lie. Fox use these false accusations of Ron being unpatriotic and feeding conspiracy theory's, as a explanation too why he dont deserve too be in the media.

Here is another montage showing how the media treated Ron before.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
12/11-2011
The manipulations has no end. The msm did show a few interviews with Ron Paul, but they still ignore him at the debates and manipulate the polls. This is just the latest example among many during the last months, it show how, Ron Paul again win a poll. The CBSnews response to that is removing the poll completely and announce Mitt Romney with Newt Gingritch as the top two even thou Paul got the same votes as the other two together. Ron also was only given 1-1½ minuts total reponse time during the 90 minute debate, that another proff of how the msm tries to block him out of the debates.

edit on 13-11-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

LLoks like nothing has changed since the last election. MSM being paid propaganda machines and a lot of people listening to it. The difference this election is Ron Paul support has grown and more people are becoming awake.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It is happening again.

21. January 2012 around CNN use an old poll to hide the truth about Ron Pauls electability to the public. This is clear manipulation of the election and someone should press charges against CNN. They lie on so many issues about Ron Paul but in this case they are deceptive and try to manipulate the outcome of the election using fraud.

On CNNs official website asking who should get the nominaiton Paul was leading.
Paul 33%
Romney 32%
Gingrich 22%
Santorum 13%

Instead they show an old poll that even incluede Perry and ignoring their own website.
Romney 32%
Gingrich 23%
Santorum 16%
Paul 13%
Perry 6%

edit on 21-1-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join