The Skinwalker , A Fascinating Subject

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Omega I will be looking forward to anything you have to add this topic has grabbed my attention. I would like to learn more so anything that you can get will be very helpful.

Personally I believe in the legend of the skinwalker because everything that Chief dan stated in the video alot of it is consistent with Satanic acts and rites and rituals. I am a christian and know that God is all powerful however the devil and his imps can grant their servents power to do most things to decive and harm others. let me say up front im not lookin to debate good vs evil or religion or anything like that this is my oponion and nothing more

Keep up the research omega im enjoin it as well as many others on here

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Thank you for your kind words , Jrock

I certainly will keep up the research , the subject has me addicted to it .

I am even thinking about putting together a research team and working in the scholars forum .
If your interested i would love to have you be apart of it .

Im just compiling some data atm but when i am done ill throw it in .

Again, thank you so much for your kind words .

Omega

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85

Thank you for your kind words , Jrock

I certainly will keep up the research , the subject has me addicted to it .

I am even thinking about putting together a research team and working in the scholars forum .
If your interested i would love to have you be apart of it .

Im just compiling some data atm but when i am done ill throw it in .

Again, thank you so much for your kind words .

Omega

Yes I would be more than interested in assisting you with it. If you decide to do it sign me up I will be the first in line, your welcome and cant wait to see whats to come.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I believe in Skinwalkers, cause they live here too in Alaska.

I have a few stuff to tell you. Its late so I'll get back to you maybe tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

dont forget haha i wanna hear what you got

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

You and me both Jrock . cant wait .
I didnt know they were in Alaska aswell , thats amazing .

Omega

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I didnt eaither but now tht i think of it alaskan natives are close to the same as the native americans from the mainland.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85

You and me both Jrock . cant wait .
I didnt know they were in Alaska aswell , thats amazing .

Omega

Me tooz!!!
hi everybody!
i'm baaack !!!
after 4 days of darkness [no internet or electricity]

thanks to Irene's passage through the Caribbean

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
glad your safe at least

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is an interesting subject, Native Americans were more in touch with nature and the mysteries she emenates. There are many things in this world that modern science cannot explain. I researched Lycanthropy in some detail a few years ago and it is still fresh in my mind every waking hour. Some things that move the minds of men should not be taken lightly and so research is needed to alleviate a certain sense of fear of the unknown. There is not one human being on this earth who can say for an absolute fact that ancient peoples of this world did not have the ability to shape shift, if you werent there, you dont know. To place a certain restriction on thinking in a way to light more "rational thought" is only going to dim the flame of individual truth. We all have the right to walk on the fringes of such a "rational" society. An interesting insight into the word fantasy is that this term came from kingdoms of old. Whomever sought spiritual enlightenment or knowledge outside the realm of the ruler or king was thought to have been in denial and only following fantasy. The term fantasy literally comes from this. So I suppose I am just a fantastical fool, either way, I feel I have better insight than most.

Good post.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
here is a typical afternoon for Orlando of the fleshless, for those who really might want to think it over
before doing anything crazy with there lives, like killing for power:

hopefully anyone thinking this is a nice life-style will think again.

oh and so i don't get into trouble with The Mods:

*The Invisibles is copyright by Grant Morrison and published by DC Comics.
the moral authority of the copyright holder[s] and publisher has been asserted.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

thanks hopefully Aktulu is fine, [and hasn't been silenced]
he was on today but has yet to make his promised post

4 days now

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by Omega85

Why do you people insist on talking about these things?
Some things should just be left alone, seriously.

the mysteries should be open to all that are willing to put the time and effort in uncovering them

while i agree with what Wyn Hawks was saying re that this kind of subject should not be talked about in front of just anybody and definitely not children,

there is the fact that there is much confusion as to what actually constitutes being a Skinwalker especially with relation to shape-shifting you could be contributing to help dispel this confusion, as i understand it, lycantropes born or "made" among the tribes are less destructive and murderous than say a caucasian lycanthrope, and with rare exceptions, don't go randomly attacking humans, you wouldn't want ignorance to result in these folk being painted with the same brush now, would you?

perhaps a subject like this belongs in above top secret where it won't be accessible to non-members, or the foolish however some who have participated do not have the 200 posts necessary to continue following this thread if its moved there, so it would not be fair to them.
edit on 29-8-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: correcting a statement

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
the mysteries should be open to all that are willing to put the time and effort in uncovering them

...just because you can, doesnt mean you should...

...imo, unless you have a very firm grip on the syntactical concepts of the culture you're investigating, comprehension of their beliefs is a shot in the dark at best...

while i agree with Wyn Hawks that this should not be talked about in front of just anybody and definitely not children,

...thats not what i said... i said this (below)...

Previously posted by Wyn Hawks
...when i was young, i heard that traditionals dont tell those stories to outsiders and that they're never told around pre-puberty children or around pregnant women...

...see the difference?... your statement implies that i believe what you claim i said, which i never said, lol...

...the quote function is far more accurate than most people's memory of what someone else posted - and - using it helps prevent misinformation from being perpetuated... not telling ya how to post, honey, just saying accuracy is a good thang...

perhaps a subject like this belongs in above top secret where it won't be accessible to non-members, or the foolish

..."or the foolish"?... o'my, lol...

...ats isnt the only outlet for skinwalker info... the web is literally crawling with it... WAY too late to undo whats been done and done again or attempt to limit access to it...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

1- ...just because you can, doesnt mean you should...

...imo, unless you have a very firm grip on the syntactical concepts of the culture you're investigating, comprehension of their beliefs is a shot in the dark at best...

2-

while i agree with Wyn Hawks that this should not be talked about in front of just anybody and definitely not children,

...thats not what i said... i said this (below)...

Previously posted by Wyn Hawks
...when i was young, i heard that traditionals dont tell those stories to outsiders and that they're never told around pre-puberty children or around pregnant women...

...see the difference?... your statement implies that i believe what you claim i said, which i never said, lol...

...the quote function is far more accurate than most people's memory of what someone else posted - and - using it helps prevent misinformation from being perpetuated... not telling ya how to post, honey, just saying accuracy is a good thang...

perhaps a subject like this belongs in above top secret where it won't be accessible to non-members, or the foolish

3- ..."or the foolish"?... o'my, lol...

...ats isnt the only outlet for skinwalker info... the web is literally crawling with it... WAY too late to undo whats been done and done again or attempt to limit access to it...

1- All knowledge is power.
Those who know more than everyone else are more powerful than everyone else.
If you turn your back on knowledge, you doom yourself to slavery at the hands of those who know.

or commit a major faux pas like killing a nice young native american lady you happened to meet while wandering through the desert, because the smell of rotten chewing gum wrappers, lingered about her, and in ignorance assumed, that as a were-person, she was evil and had to be destroyed.

2- ahhh!!! my bad, i hope the following edit/correction is satisfactory

while i agree with what Wyn Hawks was saying re that this kind of subject should not be talked about in front of just anybody and definitely not children,

3- yes there are foolish people who may misuse or misunderstand or as you pointed out :

indeed however somethings are so old that they are universal, especially concerning the subjects of shamanism and sorcery, ie one does not need to be from a tribe to have or understand what it means to have a totem/power animal/familiar. but yes it would be good if anyone from the tribes could contribute so as to clear up any misconceptions.

admit it,
you'd like to learn more, don't you? as your prompt reply and additional bump to this thread shows

same here.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The discussion of how skinwalkers gain their powers follows the normal pattern of achieving occult powers. Odin hung himself from the World Tree for the knowledge of runes. The legends of people turning into animals is a pretty universal concept, hard to think of a culture that didn't have such stories. I wont fall into the scientific trap of saying that such shapechanging isn't possible. As we currently understand things we can't explain it with science, but we don't know for sure all the loop holes in the universal laws. Strong possibility that the tales are exaggerated, but what if they all aren't? Interesting topic thanks for the thread!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

1- All knowledge is power. Those who know more than everyone else are more powerful than everyone else. If you turn your back on knowledge, you doom yourself to slavery at the hands of those who know.

...thats one way of looking of at it... i dont approve of that mindset for myself cuz it has only negative connations - narcississtic, indulges illusions of grandeur and is often used as an excuse for poking your nose where it doesnt belong...

admit it, you'd like to learn more, don't you? as your prompt reply and additional bump to this thread shows

...wrong again...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sorry for not replying for a few days. I tried to reply yesterday, but I was getting a server error.

Its the Shamans that shapeship here. Or what my elders call them, the Anakuq. There are 3 types of Shamans here, the good, the bad and the evil. The Shamans here are not too different from the Skinwalkers from the lower 48 from what i read here on this topic. I haven't watched any of the videos cause they would take a long time to load. I'll try to find more about the Shamans here and post more info tomorrow.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here is my opinion.
i feel it is possible, because WE DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING

What bugs me is that if you have to kill someone you love, knowing that’s what you will do, AND being able to go ahead with it....Do you actually love them?

If 1 million tried this (Giving its real) I'd say only 10 or 15 would get to be a skinwalker.

Why? Because, I could not kill anyone I love, I just couldn’t do it. The reality of losing them would stop me. If it didn’t, then I am already a Psycho killer with no love for anybody...Do you get what I mean?

I can’t fathom a scenario when this would work. But that’s just my opinion.

Now acting out "un-godly" things (Drinking urine, rape, paedophiles etc..).... More likely if you ask me but what kind of world do we live in if we get a reward of superhuman power for doing such awful things.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Growing up and living among Rez and Pueblo people; I have learned that the white mans culture puts up barriers to what the cosmos actually looks like and is. It's hard to explain to a culture that primarily uses language for communication; especially when that language is used as a control mechanism.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join