It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Skinwalker , A Fascinating Subject

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hello there , i hope you are all well .

The reason i wrote this thread is because for a while now i have been researching the subject of Skinwalkers .
This subject, i find is absolutely fascinating to me and it interests me greatly . For those members that do not know anything about Skinwalkers or have not heard much about them i would like you to watch this video on the subject to familiarize yourself with them a little bit better . The man who is speaking about the subject is a Navajo Chief named Chief Dan .

What you will find out about the subject is that the Skinwalkers are very feared by the Navajo people and are greatly known for there abilities to cast hexes on people . Primarily the Skinwalkers are of male gender and are known to be a type of Witch . They have the ability to curse people and kill people by using a special type of powder substance known as "Corpse Powder" which can paralyze the victim and/or cause the victim to die , In most cases of this the cause of death is usually determined to be accidental and is usually not traced to an encounter with the Skinwalker but listed as a coronary arrest or in some cases a mysterious death .

THESE BEINGS ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT REAL AND DO EXIST !!

What i found out about these people is that a long time ago the Skinwalkers used to actually be good and used there abilities to help the Navajo nation during the times of the conquistadors and the like . It is known that they used there speed and stealth to listen in on the Spanish and find out things like which way they were marching the next day and so on . The speed of these people was also used to gather medicinal compounds and herbs with more efficiency . I have included the following video which talks about some of this data .

In certain parts of the United States around Navajo reservations and the like , these people have been seen usually walking or running along the side of the road , and the people that are familiar with them are literally afraid of them .

If you take the time to look into the data on these people you will find some videos on youtube of people who have come into contact while camping or driving and have taken the opportunity to video tape them .
I have taken it upon myself to include one such video in this thread for your convenience but if you would like to see more then have a look on youtube as there are quite a few .
Here is one such video . WARNING : this may be a little frightening to some viewers .

As you may know the Skinwalkers have direct ties to the controversial Skinwalker Ranch that has many times been featured on ATS and has even been visited by some ATS staff who can vouch for the mysterious goings on there .

Ok well i will finish this thread up now but what i wanted to ask is , Does anyone know anything more on this subject ? I thirst for the knowledge on this interesting field of study and it is one of my most interested topics .
If anyone could enlighten me on anything more to do with the Skinwalkers i would be forever and eternally greatfull .

Thank you very much for your time and if you can, your contributions to this thread .

Omega85

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Like True blood's Luna ? I was going to research that, oh my god. They're real.
This is awesome, see people always discount theories of magic and witchcraft but it's there. You just haven't seen it.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

They are absolutely one hundred percent real ...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

No Luna is not a skinwalker. Sam's brother, Tommy, is. He is a shifter but became a skinwalker after killing his parents (also shifters).

Interesting but far fetched.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hey great post! As you can probably tell from my screen name, this subject greatly interests me as well. I don't have a lot to add from what you've already posted, but what I can add is that on the subject of the corpse powder, it is supposedly made from the ground up bones of infants. Also, from what little information I'v been able to uncover, one way in which to become a skinwalker (according to Navajo) is the murder of a close family relative. A child in most cases if I'm not mistaken. Also, there was a book written regarding skinwalkers in which a story was outlined about a family traveling in the midwest that where approached/attacked by a skinwalker while in thier vehicle. The interesting part is that when they returned home, some time later, a group (three I believe) of skinwalkers came to thier home and tried to overtake them. Apparently, according to Navajo experts, the skinwalkers were unable to do to the energy of the family. Which I'm guessing is probably what attracted the skinwalkers to begin with. I apoogize for not remembering the family's name, but I'm sure with a little research you can find this story. Hope I helped.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinwalker1979

Hello , thank you so much for your reply .

Yes i have heard about the entry ceremonies that an initiate must perform before he becomes a Skinwalker .
Your right , i have also heard that one of the requirements to follow this path is that you must sacrifice someone in your family that you really cherish and love .
I have also heard that before they are initiated they have to actually eat the parts of a deceased person and i have also heard that there are practices of Necrophilia and corrupted spiritual "sings" as well .

Also i find it very interesting what you said about the skinwalkers actually going to these peoples house .
In my research i have come across the theory that the Skinwalkers have the ability to "Mark" people so that they can home in on them at a later date , very interesting

Again my friend , thank you so much for your reply .

Mega
edit on 20/8/2011 by Omega85 because: addition ,

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Like True blood's Luna ? I was going to research that, oh my god. They're real.
This is awesome, see people always discount theories of magic and witchcraft but it's there. You just haven't seen it.

Your exactly right my friend ,
Thank you so much for your contribution i really appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop

No Luna is not a skinwalker. Sam's brother, Tommy, is. He is a shifter but became a skinwalker after killing his parents (also shifters).

Interesting but far fetched.

Joe lee wasn't a shifter, his wife Melinda was. Besides Luna was a skin walker, she mentioned that she shifted into her mother. If this is real, what else is real out in this world ? That is one thing of supernatural force, Aliens, vampires and everything else could follow. Please anybody with info post, I am hungry to know more info.

Luna Garza
trueblood.wikia.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Shape shifters, fairy dust, curses, good/bad - these are the same as Faeries or jinns - aka Archons that were cast down to earth as the fallen angels by their chief Yaldeboath aka Yahwe.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
huh????

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

What a weird world we live in....

I never knew that skinwalkers were real and to be honest the first time i heard of them was in the tv show Supernatural.

www.supernaturalwiki.com...

Very interesting
thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As discussed in chat, after reading your thread I was compelled to inform you and the readers on this:

The powder spoken of sounds exactly like a weaponized powdered botulism.

It exists in a dormant state until instances of low oxygen and acidity. It can be used in a powder form and inhaled in biological weaponized form.

Hope that was enlightening!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
skin walkers huh ?

i guess it seems we should all turn the cameras more on pets and keep it undercover to catch mroe of these amazing feats of shapeshifiting on the fly lol

not buying the video nor the skin walkers at the moment untill i see many more examples!

how to catch a skinwalker.....

i could picture them materialising into some creature

but i would expect the clothing to be shredded ripped not dematerialize and reappaer lol

no im not biting !

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

i hope you are feeling better and your mood improved. [psst hint]

that said:

my dear young lady, neither true blood or anything on tv is good for much in these subjects unless you are looking for ideas to use [as a chaoist that is]; they mishmash, distort, and outright pervert the myths completely.

take that Hercules animated film:
what, didn't the writer of that film know that Deyanira was the person responsible for Hercules's death
[due to jealousy]?

it is in mythology and folk tales that you'll find the answers. also talking to the locals.

not meant as a criticism/put down it's just that despite your age, you're not the typical school's out troll[op] and actually show some intelligence and genuine curiosity, as i'm sure other members here will agree

so i thought some freindly advice was called for here.

getting more on topic i had never heard of the " you have to kill a family member to become a skinwalker

i was under the impression that they were a type of evil sorcerer[ess] specializing in occult identity theft, sort of like the occult-assassin/serial-killer Orlando/Xipe-Totec from "The Invisibles".[yes , i know
]

the concept is all about crossing lines/boundaries to achieve power and shows up as a theme in a variety of stories cultures.

an example you may be familiar with is the "having to kill your best friend, in order to awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan, and then take the eyes of a close relative, preferably a sibling, in order to go beyond that from the Naruto Mythos.

reply to post by Omega85

OP re skinwalkers: is there any connection to them and the Anasazi? could this have been the reason the tribes banded together to exterminate them?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

um no chucky skinwalkers and shapeshifters are not the same thing though one can be both, more confusion from hollywood i'm afraid, see my previous post.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
hey OP thanks for posting this topic here, I have to say that this is the first ive heard of the skinwalkers but seems very interesting to me and would like to get to know more about them, thanks for opening my eyes to a new form of paranormal to study thanks F+S here

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

um no chucky skinwalkers and shapeshifters are not the same thing though one can be both, more confusion from hollywood i'm afraid, see my previous post.

is that not the same differnce between Dropa Alien & Nordic Aliens

unless of course you have a test subject from both skinwalkers and shapeshifters for us to oberseve and confirm the characteristics with ?

you know since there is such a differnce lol besides our "sci-fi " idea of em ?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My mom's birthday is November 18th....

Only reason keeping me watching this video

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
sounds like more hate mongering lure to make people think indians wer some kind of barbaric people theres no way they wer kindred spirits who know other humanoid life forms or none humanoid life forms every story and most of the languages you hear that they are said to speak are fake

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

LOL, i see your point

perhaps i should be clearer, shapeshifting encompasses a lot more than being able to become an animal [usually ones familiar or power animal/totem] but being able to become other people, or young or old, or even change sex at will. this is a universally acknowledged ability of sorcerers and by extension human beings. [i have for many years suspected that homo sapiens sapiens is actually a hybrid, and science has recently confirmed this re neanderthals and denisovans. the ability to shape shift may come from this hybridization or may have been the factor that allowed hybridization to occur.] so it is really one of the abilities that has been repressed in humans since the nightmare of history began.

then there are were-folk or other-kin humans who change under certain conditions into animals or animal-human hybrids usually there is a totemic link as in having been bitten [ marked] by the creature they change into be it wolf, fox, cat, or other also there are degrees and people who are animals born as humans:

www.otherkin.net...

a skinwalker [and i'm not an expert on native american myth and occultism] is something different sort of like a occult stalker/vampire, as i understand it, the name comes from wearing the skin of the victim as a disguise, but like i said i'm no expert and could be wrong.

here's Orlando/Xipe-Totec of The Fleshless, assassin for the Outer Church, from The Invisibles.

Orlando – A demon assassin. He encounters Lord Fanny once in Mictlan and twice on Earth. The latter encounters both end in his banishment back to Mictlan. Orlando enjoys wearing the skin of the people he murders.
en.wikipedia.org...

and dropa aliens are asians

i know, not much of a difference, but enough to require a distinction.

can't be generalizing about shapeshifters and lumping them all in the same group now? that wouldn't be PC of us, now would it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join