It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's healthcare law is dying. Someone please pull the plug!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by drinoculateme

what makes you believe it would be 5 dollars a month and not 400?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by afghanibullrider
I dont have health care and pretty content and i plan to never purchase something that should be free for everyone.

With that line of thought, why purchase a car? Just wait for a free one.
Why pay a mortgage? Just wait for a free home.
Why buy internet? Just wait for free access.

The problem is that NOTHING is free. It's going to cost someone something. And if the government picks up the tab then we will all be paying for it.

Free? Really?
edit on 20-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by afghanibullrider
I dont have health care and pretty content and i plan to never purchase something that should be free for everyone.

What's going to be free? You will pay for healthcare if the government offers it. You may not use it, you may not have a policy, but you will most definitely pay for it. And the really awesome part is, you will also be paying for someone else's healthcare. Free? Deny ignorance, man. Seriously.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I too really think the mandate is a bad bad idea.

Pre existing conditions being treated = great and needed
forcing ppl to buy insurance = insane and extremely questionable

We have to wonder what the real reason for all this was and is. How could it possibly help struggling people to purchase health insurance? It's not cheap.

The only proper way for all citizens of said community to have healthcare is if it's a universal system. I think a public option would have been the perfect fit for this bill, rather than mandate that everyone pay insurance companies. I really think it creates much bigger problems.

1. not everyone can afford it
2. insurance companies are already robbing people. Why force us to pay them more?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
We already pay for mandatory entitlement programs, the only people that doesn't pay for them are those that never work.

Is not such thing as a free ride, even an "ideal universal health care" will become another entitlement program unless it takes over Medicare and Medicaid.

I can not believe that here in my neck of the woods people that never work or doesn't pay enough taxes thinks that under the health care reform they will have monthly checks by the government for free care.

Sorry but the only care they will get is if they qualify under new Medicaid requirement provisions, if they do not make enough to qualify for mandatory health care thats where they will be ending.

Any body wants to see what will happen to people under mandatory health care just look at what Massachusetts citizens are having to endure because it was never regulation to make sure that the insurance business mafia would not gouge the citizens.

The deductibles and out of pocket expenses made almost impossible for many to even use their mandatory health care.

Still the state have been bailed out because they can not afford those that can not be mandated.

They are the example of what failed mandatory without regulations is all about.

People needs to understand that it was big pharma with the health care insurance the ones that put the final touches on the health care reform in the nation as the same way that corporate interest and special interest write laws for the whores in congress to pass
edit on 20-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join