It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's healthcare law is dying. Someone please pull the plug!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A key provision of Obama's healthcare law will be going to the Supreme Court. It concerns the federal mandate that forces people to buy insurance.
The other key aspect of the healthcare law is that insurance companies can't turn down anyone that applies.

Due to a recent ruling by the 11th Circuit Court the Obama administration may want to delay the ruling because of the political damage that could be done to his signature legislation.

What it boils down to is this; without the mandate, people could just wait until they got sick to buy insurance, putting insurance compnies out of business. That could never fly.

It appears that with all the other issues that Obama is facing, this little house of cards may have just felt it's first gust of the winds of change.

Full story

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

What it boils down to is this; without the mandate, people could just wait until they got sick to buy insurance, putting insurance compnies out of business. That could never fly.

Without the mandate, not only would people just go about their daily lives buying or ignoring health insurance like we've been doing since insurance policies were conceived, but the rest of this complete waste of taxpayer dollars would be irrelevant. Both of which I support.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
He invested too much of his first two years to it at the expense of everything else. Obama and the remaining dems who voted on it are gonna play the delay game with the supreme court. Not to mention how Obama's ego will take his pet plans demise. The SCOTUS will be part of that conspiracy against him. Obama will never concede that his health care plan is going down due to it being poorly written.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Many people without healthcare
need this so to hope that this
bill gets turned down is
one more hit AGAINST WE the people..

It will be very cheap the way it is being
done so I would be willing to pay 5 dollars
a month for full healthcare..

Do not shoot yourself in the foot
when the richest country in the world
is going to finally quit letting people
die over medical issues because
they can not afford it..

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I know I will not be forced to purchase health care insurance. Try to fine me, I'll stop paying taxes. Civil Disobedience. Just leave me the hell alone.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Pelosi was right.

We passed the Bill, we saw what was in it, now we need to kill it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have no basis for this statement but after Obama publically called out the Supreme Court during his State of the Union speech I don't think they are going to pass anything that has even the slightest hint of being Unconstitutional.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

A key provision of Obama's healthcare law will be going to the Supreme Court.

...and, this is a good thing.

When the Supreme Court examines the mandate's validity, they 'should' give everyone a thorough explanation for keeping or removing the law. We really needed this to be examined and measured up with constitutional law.

Even though I have top-notch health insurance, I do not even go to the doctors when I am sick.
edit on 8/20/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well the thing about this is that the Appellate court this just came from ruled that the mandate was unconstitutional. So right now as it stands, the mandate doesn't exist.

I also doubt the Supreme court will overturn that ruling if the Supreme Court even decides to hear the case. After all the Supreme Court can just agree with the previous ruling and not waste their time with it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

They always do. Both sides actually and it's usually pages and pages long.

I have a feeling they like to write alot

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is perhaps what Obama wanted so he can be the hero and bring back his original idea of the Universal health care that was to be all equal for all, no the insurance companies power grab of mandated health care with inflated deductible and unsustainable out of pocket charges.

That is what we were going to get when insurance companies were allowed to write the bill.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by drinoculateme
Many people without healthcare
need this so to hope that this
bill gets turned down is
one more hit AGAINST WE the people..

It will be very cheap the way it is being
done so I would be willing to pay 5 dollars
a month for full healthcare..

Do not shoot yourself in the foot
when the richest country in the world
is going to finally quit letting people
die over medical issues because
they can not afford it..

Great post! I agree...

Unfortunately, FOX News and the likes of Palin have done an amazing job marketing this as pure evil. It's funny how ATS members love to deny ignorance and yet so many embrance the most intentionally manipulative propagandist mainstream media machine on TV.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Good, this health care plan sucks, what we really need is Universal Health Care and not this stupid plan that was forced into place.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hell ya!

Beezer wants his health insurance revoked when he gets nut cancer cause of a bike accident when he was
23!

Long live the Corporation!

All Hail Beezer!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Hell ya!

Beezer wants his health insurance revoked when he gets nut cancer cause of a bike accident when he was
23!

All Hail Beezer!

Did you hit "enter" before being able to post something relevant to support or detract from the debate? You have quite awhile left to edit your post. We're breathlessly awaiting your eventual point.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just want to thank you all for the replies. Been busy this evening with the family.

I won't waste time debating whether or not the healthcare system in America needs an overhaul. It does.
But this is the wrong approach. Thee is so much that is wrong with this law that it is difficult to pick a point as to where to start.

I hope the Supreme Court makes the right decision.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Hell ya!

23!

Making stuff fup seems to be a typical day for you progs.

All Hail Beezer!

That's BeezzerCorp. Get it right.

But back on topic, are you just angry that this is being exposed for the travesty that it is?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sorry, but people are more important then worrying about the insane amount of money that insurance companies make. After decades of dropping people, denying life saving coverage, and whatever hellish way to save money they conjure up, they can kiss it.

I have a permenant medical condition. but I still work, pay my taxes, and pay my health insurance. Because I have a pre existing condition, until the law changes, my only choice of employer ist he government, as they don't discriminate.

Now that is removing rights from the citizen because of something of no fault of my own?

You would rather companies have more rights then people?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I would rather the government not take away the peoples rights to choose.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I dont have health care and pretty content and i plan to never purchase something that should be free for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join