It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Chinese sand circle reported southwest of Xining, China

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by spacevisitor

I don't see any reason to view them as intelligent.

If you assume the possibility that this circle could have been made by Aliens who are obvious because of that capable of space traveling from wherever what our best scientists consider as being absolutely impossible, how then can’t you see any reason to view them as intelligent?

Originally posted by Gorman91
But what can be known is that it took them this long to realize that there's more than just farms to draw on. That's not a very good indicator of intelligence.

In my opinion is underestimating their intelligence not a very good indicator of intelligence.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Can YOU just step off your HIGH HORSE and just have a conversation??? Without placing unneeded EMPHASIS and acting like you are so SHOCKED at the possibility that someone could have such a thought????? Did you SPILL on your question mark key?????? Does it get STUCK when you press it, or are the million question marks intentional???????

---

Very difficult to read and carry on a conversation with someone who talks like that, as you can see. You don't have any more information on this subject than anyone else, and reason and logic are better tools for convincing people than feigning outrage and mocking people.

Besides, anyway you look at there are more efficient means of communication, plain and simple (that goes doubly for you way you've chosen to communicate in this topic). No, we don't know how they think, or their motivations, but our minds are the only frame of reference we have with which to compare and try to decipher their purpose.

If the crop circles are meant for communication they are very innefficient, and it's not just because he can't understand it. It's because him, millions of others and probably everyone on earth can't understand it. If the message was meant for specific people, there are easier ways to tell them than large, public crop circles. They could have just put a letter in the post.

Or maybe the aliens are just trolling us all with indecipherable messages. When we get the last one, we will put me all together and realize they create a giant picture of Rick Astley.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Looks like someone had some fun with a steamroller.

where is the excess sand and tracks?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
After faking tens of Apple stores, and even Steve Jobs's keynotes, it seems like China is planning to move on to some bigger projects, like, say, Apple's latest proposed campus
:

edit on 21-8-2011 by ailailou because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by ailailou because: '

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vipertruck99

What I meant was individuals doing this on there own. Do not take it out of context,It was to point out that the Chinese government is still Communist and would be directly involved.I never mentioned anything on how it was made. Yes, the Chinese could have a bunch of one legged men make it, I expect nothing less from Communists.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Very bizarre. It is one of three things. 1. Fake photoshop image. 2. man made. 3. ET saying hello. It could be some kind of calibration marker for satellite imagery. looks very symmetrical. It kind of reminds me of the schematic message that was put on the Pioneer probes. If its number 3, maybe a representation of our galaxy?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Something about this seems fishy to me.
It just seems that the Chinese are going out of their way lately (meaning the past year or two) to make UFOs, Aliens, and other extraterrestrial concepts more blatant, and attempting to "expose".

As if they are trying to merge it with their culture somehow. Chinese are weird people in general with strange ideas.....Before someone jumps my Sh** over that for not being PC, I'm married to a Chinese woman in an Asian country, so I know whereof I speak.

If I'm not mistaken the Russians did some similar things during the cold war. Where America basically made it seem as though the government had something to hide from the people, the Russians kind of made an effort to say "Look we know whats happening and we will tell you if you join with our ideologies." OR "We are good honest people with a transparent government, see we are showing you aliens and the good stuff."
The only difference now is that they are Chinese not Russians.

Perhaps they are creating a scapegoat for when they do something BIG. They can say, "it wasn't us...it wasn't the aliens...here's our proof, and the reports from our scientists"

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by underspace

Certainly not more intelligent than man

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well before it was more intelligent, now it's being shifted to intelligent period.

These are different.

Something can be intelligent, but not more intelligent than man,

This is what I am saying.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Its the entrances to the hollow earth!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So China?... my dream on the 19th

Connected somehow?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
wow nice job. gave u some stars

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hello! I'm not sure if anybody has posted this further up the thread, but I followed the link imprinted on one of the images and found a link to video of people in a car driving around the edge of the sand circle. It gives you a better idea of its scale on the ground. Hope it helps!

Video link

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Here's a close-up of the excavation. The desert appears to be a salt flat of the type they use for land speed record breaking attempts.

It's very remeniscant of the Nascar Lines.

This was from Chinese site www.awaker.net...

Apologies if this image has already been posted. Like many of us, I'm sorting through a shed load of new info across many sites at the moment.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

OR, The Chinese like, Southern Europe and Russia have all being experiencing the same thing that we are .. which makes this a Global event. The Chinese "Creation Theory" is no more or less bizzare than many other cultures that indicate extraterristal origins with there first Emporeor being the son of a Sky Dragon....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

All i can say is that it is a huge design.... whether intelligent or not.... whether ET or not....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I do see what looks to be a roadway leading to the crop circle, which begins at the top left of the last picture (foot of the mountains) as CLPrime pointed out.

*If you look again, doesn't it seem like that path leads all the way around the perimeter of the mountains? It is faint and a bit hard to see but it does look like that.

**I first thought it could be a result of the people driving around in the video. When you view the video you can see in the beginning that they are very close to one of the larger circles in the shape. But I can't imagine how their vehicle would have left lines in what looks to be the same width and depth as the formation.

***This leads me to think that it could be man made, but without an overhead view, it's just a guess.

Another interesting point to note is the proximity of this crop circle to the supposed Alien Ruins in the Northwest China's Qinghai Province. I've looked at several maps and I cannot seem to pinpoint the distance from the crop circle to the ruins site but I know it is very close. Link to China Alien Ruins

*Could it be a publicity stunt of sorts because this area is a hot spot and ancient alien ruins?

As someone else stated already - the first thing that came to my mind when seeing this was the earlier posts of Nikola014 and Ghost375, regarding their theories behind a newer crop circle formation. It looks similar to this one with the three planetary looking spheres, possibly indicating an alignment of the Sun, Earth and Jupiter. What this means? I don't know but I thought it somewhat relevant to note.
ATS Thread - Nikola
ATS Thread - Ghost
*If this was man made, it would make sense that they are jumping on the same type of formation with a type of planetary alignment message.

Last, I can't get over why the video is only 27 seconds long? If you were driving randomly in a desert or some other remote location and came across a site like this, why would you stop filming after 27 seconds? I'd probably spend all day and night there, reveling in my discovery.
*Maybe their camera died, who knows. Anything is possible.

As far as the date - the best I can guess from other websites and new articles is - on or around 8/17/11.

Just wanted to throw these ideas out there - My opinion so far, without anything else to go off of, is that it is man made. Hopefully, there will be more information presented in the coming days. Unfortunately, it seems that lately, any news like this just dies off without further investigations.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ailailou

That proposed campus of Apple you are talking about is going to be built and it's their headquarters. It's also being designed by a very respected American design firm not the Chinese... Foster I think?
edit on 21-8-2011 by underspace because: speling

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Seriously, this is China. The everyday citizens are just trying to survive. They have a lot of better things to do than engrave a pattern 3-5 inches deep, and a whole 1-2km large.....In the desert.

Didn't you hear about how the Chinese government are paying tons of people to dig up pavement roads and right after they have to put them back together again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They're just creating jobs so there won't protests against the lack of jobs.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Maybe it was done an purpose as so we all Google Earth this particular area, as say another area that they may not want us looking at. After all the chinese did build those "ghost cities" and the rest of the world had no idea they were being built. Cities that can house millions, and are completely empty. Makes you wonder? Does it not.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join