It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Chinese sand circle reported southwest of Xining, China

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by underspace

Speaking as a guy who has put in a lot of hours operating many different kinds of heavy equipment, I can say that while it would not be impossible to build/create such a formation, it would not be easy. Despite advances in surveying/measurement tools such as real-time GPS and laser transits, etc., there is still a margin of error simply because you are using torque and friction to shove around a large unwieldy machine weighing at least several tons. On soft surfaces, this results in more errors, not less. To make everything look clean-cut and precise requires many hours of people on foot using hand tools and correcting the inevitable sloppy lines at the edges of the machine's path.

In other words, you don't just hop on a steam roller or maintainer and go out with Google Nav app on your phone and draw a 2 mile diameter smiley-face in the dirt. It can be done, but it is rather a major operation to get it looking awesome from up close, as the photos in the OP show.

Also, no major jobsite in the world, ever, has an approach road or track and nothing else. You can cover evidence of machine tracks, ruts, etc, with grass, as most roadways have, but it's nearly impossible to have a site like this with no other sign of equipment and people than an approach road.

My two cents.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Frankly these crop circles piss me off. Just like Mexicans piss me off. If they are going to send a message why don't they just learn English, everyone else uses it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

Thanks BioSafe. I'm really just guessing at what the design could mean. But I will add that if this pole shift theory is true, I think there may be two shifts.

I think it would take a very large object passing Earth to cause a pole shift in the first place. The first shift would happen as the object approaches and a second shift as it passes and the Sun resumes it's hold on Earth. I dont' know if this makes any sense, I could be way wrong.

Anyway, it's only a theory.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Interesting, I highly doubt it's of Chinese origin, what would be the motives for such an eleborate design?

It's not a sam site, SA-2's are no longer being used by China and probably haven't been used for a while, SA-2's had to have these set ups because they were fixed systems that could maybe be manually rotated, hence they set it up this way so they cover all directions without having to move it continously, obviously it would be too dangerous for a ground crew to be this close to a missile that was about to be fired.

Sam site? BUNK...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

I saw the snake crop circle when it was first posted. What my impression is, is that the circles that make up the snake's body represent the path of a comet or some type of space object. The tail in the distance is below the ecliptic plane, it then rises above the plane and passes between the Earth and Sun.

When it crosses the Earth's orbit (the 3rd and 4th circle back from the center circle/Sun) it may cause a pole shift and again as it is leaving and crossing the orbit (3rd and 4th circle ahead of the center circle/Sun).

Then as it leaves our inner solar system, it travels below the ecliptic plane again.

I'm not really sure what the head represents, but the tounge sure looks like an electrical discharge symbol to me.

I don't know, I'm just spit ball'n here. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

AH!

Black Rock Desert. Beautiful..
Same place that becomes Nevada's 4th or 5th largest city for a couple of weeks each year.
It's almost time for burning man! the live feeds are awesome....Get ready to check it out.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

One more thing about the snake crop circle, the number of circles seem to indicate a time period. I haven't figured that out, there's another thread started on that I need to read yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i would like to see pics from strieght above it so you can see the lines better

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Well OP, you get a star for a good find.

My observation, however is that if someone was able to draw a 1-2km "desert" circle, at precisely 3-5 inches the entire way around, and no one noticed it... Bravo.

I mean even a fit person, would require timing to do such a thing and to have it done before anyone could make mention of an individual or group of individuals making it, is quite remarkable.

Possibly, it was performed at nighttime, but to have it finished by daylight and to remove all traces and prints (tire marks in the desert or a large group of footprints), would be intensely difficult.

My opinion:

As a believer in ET life (understand the perspective stated exactly as it is prefixed), I would have to say that this is quite possibly the closest-to-real occurence in the crop circle/desert circle phenomena, in a while. The meaning could mean anything though. We try to explain them as symbolic pictorgraphs when we never know if the entire symbol in itself is simply a single letter in an interstellar language system.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think probably 99% of crop circles are manmade. Close to towns, in the same area, made into obvious interest patterns, like Mayan or weird script or whatever. It's pretty clear to me those are made by people who want to make people spend hundreds of hours trying to "figure it out."

I also said if there really were a genuine crop circle, it would be in an out of the way place. It would not be an obvious conspiracy symbol. And it wouldn't necessarily be in barley or whatever.

And here we have something very much out of the way, made NOT in an obvious symbol.. this more than all the goofy Wiltshire circles, catches my attention. Not saying it is not manmade, but it at least holds more merit than the others imo. Consider though, they have found manmade symbols made in snow, with no other hints they were there. As well as some unknown source circles of course. But it can be done.

But a Chinese desert is hardly a place circlemakers would bother to go, you'd think. I don't think it's a missile site of any kind (they wouldn't bother to take such care in making it perfect, without traces of them having done so). Nor a habitation layout. Who would be building a town there?

Leaning towards manmade, but a lot more interesting than the Wiltshire rubbish. But they wouldn't have to make this thing at night. It's in the Gobi desert for cripes sake.

Also, there is no reason this has to be a method of communication. It's in a remote area. It could simply be a marker... noting a spot, or indicating someone was there recently. The three circles reminds me of Orion's Belt, for what it's worth.

P.S. I think it's ironic there was a post in 2004 on these boards entitled "Why are there no crop circles in China?
edit on 21-8-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
After looking at more photos, makes me think it was definitely manmade. There are obvious lighter marks right down the center of the indentions, and if you look at the picture that has the circle, the same light mark is an equal distance from the edges of the curve of the circle.. making it seem like it was indeed, a vehicle They do make much smaller steamrollers. Just that such obvious physical markings makes it seem mundane to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Good Find!

My first impression was a small gated community layout, and looking through the ground plans of some of those 'ghost communities', this explanation seems to make the most sense. Besides, that Chinese video of those kids driving by, where they not on a road, were they totally amazed at what they saw? I think yes and no, they probably see lots of plans laid out, from a road. I doubt they were aimlessly driving around in the middle of a desert or salt flat.

Why does everybody think all Chinese citizens are so suppressed and dirt poor? There's more construction and industrialization going on in China today than anywhere.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

What's the precedent?

We are forced to now either accept that aliens are not more intelligent than us, having to actually think about, and take many years, to process what materials to use, or that they are man made, as evident by the change in style, from it being another country.

We are not forced to anything here and to think that Aliens who are coming here from wherever are not more intelligent than us is in my opinion injudicious.
For the time being we need more information and pictures in order to be able to say more about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
you can see the cracks in the ground both where it has been altered and outside the circle..this ground isnt soft sand it seems hard as rock. and that deffinetley could not be steam rolled or pushed down with boards..

whatever caused this its a huge operation..
there would need to be a lot of material removed to create this..tonnes and tonnes

also the shapes inside the circle are quite unique..deffintely not a practical enough design to be a sam site..why would there be wobbly lines symetrical to eachother..

if there was a convincing et circle this is it
either alien or produced by a big big team of people with some expensive resouceses

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I think probably 99% of crop circles are manmade.

Which means you believe crop circle(s) are made by aliens. However small a percentage..

Close to towns, in the same area, made into obvious interest patterns, like Mayan or weird script or whatever.

Many (most) have been region specific haven't they? Which is an interesting point that I think may work against the skeptic here. If most of the world believes they are man-made, and notices most of them happen in a specific region, why hasn't there been lots of iPhone captured footage of the human culprits? Honest question I feel.

It's pretty clear to me those are made by people who want to make people spend hundreds of hours trying to "figure it out."

The idea of it being a conspiracy of tourism is a good one, but what is your critique of my earlier points about them all being man-made? I posted it just a page ago i think.

I also said if there really were a genuine crop circle, it would be in an out of the way place.

Not sure what you mean? I am curious tho.

It would not be an obvious conspiracy symbol.

Obvious symbol? Or obvious conspiracy symbol? Please reference my earlier post

And it wouldn't necessarily be in barley or whatever.

See this might work against the skeptic here too! If it's just as easy to produce them elsewhere for the 'aliens' then it should be for the man-made producers.. yet the alleged man-made crop circles are wheat fields.

this more than all the goofy Wiltshire circles, catches my attention.

On one hand it's a strong point against aliens creating crop circles. On the other hand, I think maybe it's advantageous to just pick a specific spot on a planet to send your 'message'...you know they will always look there...

Consider though, they have found manmade symbols made in snow, with no other hints they were there. As well as some unknown source circles of course. But it can be done.

Curious about these. Can you link for me?

But a Chinese desert is hardly a place circlemakers would bother to go, you'd think.

I would think so too. Didn't they get the Wiltshire coords?
Mind you I think this specific circle is probably man-made, as per the photos provided by Dave Spanners.

I don't think it's a missile site of any kind (they wouldn't bother to take such care in making it perfect, without traces of them having done so). Nor a habitation layout. Who would be building a town there?

I was wondering that too (for the most part). What would be this man-made site in your hypothetical opinion?

But they wouldn't have to make this thing at night. It's in the Gobi desert for cripes sake.

A fair enough point that can't be extended to most circles

Also, there is no reason this has to be a method of communication. It's in a remote area. It could simply be a marker... noting a spot, or indicating someone was there recently. The three circles reminds me of Orion's Belt, for what it's worth.

Reason to think it could be. Less reason in a remote area I would think. But you bring up the idea that they could 'hypothetically' be used for both communication (populated area) and for positioning purposes (remote area)..I like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I don't see any reason to view them as intelligent. They may just be space whales whom naturally evolved an ability to warp space time, and their means of showing creativity is to draw in the dirt or farms. Like dolphins and their bubble rings.

We simply do not know. But what can be known is that it took them this long to realize that there's more than just farms to draw on. That's not a very good indicator of intelligence.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow , a big target to aim at.. Just what are the aliens trying to tell us. ? ('
')

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
I don't see any reason to view them as intelligent. They may just be space whales whom naturally evolved an ability to warp space time, and their means of showing creativity is to draw in the dirt or farms.

Wait...

Evolved whales that are able to transverse space (and warp time) that 'decide' to express their creativity to make terrestrial artwork are not to be deemed intelligent in your point of view

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

statistically more probable then religion
GOD DAMN INTERGALATIC GRAFFITI WHALE VANDALS!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

statistically more probable then religion
GOD DAMN INTERGALATIC GRAFFITI WHALE VANDALS!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join