It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think that this will be the only one that I will post as a thred in this forum;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
when the religious people that it is ala ; the men are convinced in some way where I have no idea but that after their deaths ; in their afterlife awaits what 72 virgines; What I wonder is ; whom are these girls and what possibility would such an emerging being have on an idea of self individuality and since that would be logically impossible; what then would be advantagous about any of that and what possesses any religious individual to gather that with all these types of worshiping instances ; that they are right? At least those whom worship the sun ; are partially correct in terms of creator origine.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
what?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

Wow the universe makes complete sense now.

Cheers. Haha

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

If you believe in any of the theories of a Creator, why couldn't she be able to just create 72 virgins?
The sun did not create anything, it only produces energy earth receives.
Heaven is not possible because there are people in clash with each other which are convinced the both belong there.
Reminds me of an old joke.

A Pastor and a rabbi are walking together and talking about their dreams.
Rabbi: " I have been dreaming this night of your heaven, It was crowded, everybody was screaming, drinking, partying and they all had sex with each other right on the streets."
Pastor: " Well I have been dreaming about your paradise, it was filled with gold plated streets, the most beautiful buildings, you can't imagen, everywhere threes were filled with delicious juicy fruits, it is definitely a Paradise."
Rabbi is smiling: "and what about the people??"
Pastor: "People??? there were no people."

edit on 20-8-2011 by Diyainoue because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think the op is puzzled about the 72 virgins and who knows how many pearly boys and other servants a Muslim dead guy is supposed to get in the after life

And it’s a good question – after all what kind of heaven would it be for the virgins, pearly boys and other servants having service and run around after some dead muslim guy?

And before some muslim tries to tell me they are plastic virgins, pearly boys and other servants – made in Taiwan or something – I have to point out the koran says virgins, pearly boys and other servants and not blow up dolls

edit on 20-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

72 are for the martyrs not everyone.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diyainoue
reply to post by racasan

I can see you put a lot of thought into your post so thanks for that – but do you think you could expand on it a little bit, perhaps you could show how you answer makes sense in regards to the original question

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

what possesses any religious individual to gather that with all these types of worshiping instances ; that they are right? At least those whom worship the sun ; are partially correct in terms of creator origine.
When I am transformed so as to be able to leave this earth and go past galaxies to a heavenly place, and walk on streets of gold in the jewel city, I well meet One who I will worship.
For the time being, I rest in the confidence that such a One exists and is the source of life.

edit on 20-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichelJCardin
when the religious people that it is ala ; the men are convinced in some way where I have no idea but that after their deaths ; in their afterlife awaits what 72 virgines; What I wonder is ; whom are these girls and what possibility would such an emerging being have on an idea of self individuality and since that would be logically impossible; what then would be advantagous about any of that and what possesses any religious individual to gather that with all these types of worshiping instances ; that they are right? At least those whom worship the sun ; are partially correct in terms of creator origine.

What good is having 72 virgins if you can't do anything with them? God is going to change our bodies and give us bodies like the angels, bodies that do not die and there will be no institution of marriage, nor sex, nor babies being born. So what do muslims need with 72 virgins? We'll all be brothers and sisters then, it would be like commiting incest 72 times with your sisters. You honestly think God is going to let the sin of lust be commited in his kingdom? No i think not.
edit on 20-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Your basic point seems correct

if there really is something left after the body dies then what use would it have for sex or food or drink – these things are purely biological requirements, one is the keep the human race from dying out the rest are to keep the body alive

the mind (sole/spirit whatever) has no glands/digestive tract and so on, therefore Islam heaven make no sense

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Originally posted by racasan

Originally posted by Diyainoue
reply to post by racasan

I can see you put a lot of thought into your post so thanks for that – but do you think you could expand on it a little bit, perhaps you could show how you answer makes sense in regards to the original question

Sorry I thought the reply button was ment to reply on a certain post and not the OP my mistake.
I reacted on this:

Originally posted by racasan
I think the op is puzzled about the 72 virgins and who knows how many pearly boys and other servants a Muslim dead guy is supposed to get in the after life

It is not just a Muslim dead guy it is a martyr. It depends on which interpretation one wants to follow I agree, assumed that one wants to follow any interpretation.

In retrospect to the question of the OP, like you ask me, it is the offtopic section but ok what the hell;

It is all about conditioning behavior, Big Bang Theory S03E03 explains it a bit.

If one wants to train a subject, one tends to reward acceptable behavior with something the subject has learned to like, accordingly one tends to punish unacceptable behavior with something the subject has learned to dislike.

If a Creator or "representative of an assumed creator" wants to condition its subjects it will reward its subjects with something they think they will like for the acceptable behavior, accordingly it will punish its subjects with something they dislike for the unacceptable behavior. To pin it on the topic of the OP and not general religious conditioning; ala (as the OP states) rewards the ones who processed unacceptable behavior if the martyred themselves for his faith/acceptable behavior/conditioning.

It is about conditioning, not about "self individuality", the only "self individuality" accepted is the one that is in acceptable behavior. Of course there is no reward or punishment now, all we be held accountable with the Great Evaluation, in the case of the OP with ala, Munkar and Nakir will be the Administrators. As long as it makes sense to its subjects, it will be used to condition its subjects.

Assuming there is a Creator, I think the best part of the conditioning of the human subjects is the different streams of religion, divide and conquer, for a subject: " well I don't agree with all my representative explains about the accepted behavior my Creator has given us, but that guys over the sea there they have it all wrong." They defend their Conditioning and attack the other (slightly different but in general the same) Conditioning, it is a distraction again used as conditioning. Even their own Conditioning is divided, all to keep the subjects happy in their training.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Diyainoue because: now should be no

new topics

top topics

join