It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is up Big Time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Those radios are about useless, they transmit on open channels and their privacy is nonexistant. If this is somehow related to terrorism, Its going to be a real f-up of a job. Too easy for someone to now scan all those freq for transmissions, esp now that the story has broken. Hell purchasing a few cheap cell phones from wallmart would be more effcective.

5 mile radius walky-talky's have other uses then talk to one and other ya know.
Like functioning as 5 mile distance remote detonation devices that don't dial trough the cellular network, wich in case they were found out about, could be blocked.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

I based my opinion on the posts l read on this site

I truly hope you don't base all your opinions on what you read here.

I would have to say most Americans don't give a second thought to the terror warnings anymore. Nobody I know "jumps" when they hear stories like this one.

XL5

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Yup, they could be used to trigger something! It would seem more odd to have that guy go to a hobby shop and ask for transmitters and servos.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
What are they going to do with them? Beat someone to death with a walkie talkie? LOL.
I think it will take more than this to get me excited.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Those radios are about useless, they transmit on open channels and their privacy is nonexistant. If this is somehow related to terrorism, Its going to be a real f-up of a job. Too easy for someone to now scan all those freq for transmissions, esp now that the story has broken. Hell purchasing a few cheap cell phones from wallmart would be more effcective.

5 mile radius walky-talky's have other uses then talk to one and other ya know.
Like functioning as 5 mile distance remote detonation devices that don't dial trough the cellular network, wich in case they were found out about, could be blocked.

They are useless as a remote detonation device as the reliability of the signal is too low too risk.Mobile phones are the most reliabile and used.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
How patheticly sad. You silly silly Americans think everyone is a terrorist. With any luck you will see some real ones soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO
How patheticly sad. You silly silly Americans think everyone is a terrorist. With any luck you will see some real ones soon.

too right mate I'm with you on that one, don t forgot that the average iq of an bush voter is only about 90. Its a wonder that they actually manage to string a sentence together anyway

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

What's that supposed to mean?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Sorry, but this story is a joke. You can buy 5 radios for 100 bucks or just poket them. The penalties for shoplifting are a joke compared to robbery - the person who robbed the radio shack has a few loose screws.

That's right you silly minion from nowhere worth a name, and I have a few bullets for your terrorist butt if you'd like to come by my neighborhood. With any luck your whole family will get the Aids virus we created for you lower life forms.

[edit on 23-8-2004 by outsider]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Photo released of store robber

This photo was taken at about 9 p.m. on Aug. 12 during the robbery of Radio Shack in Anaheim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anaheim police released a photograph Wednesday of a man wanted in connection with several robberies of Radio Shack stores in Orange County and Los Angeles.

The photo was taken during a South Euclid Avenue robbery Aug. 12.

The man entered the store and pulled a shotgun out of a box he was carrying. He escaped with money and electronic items, police said.

The clean-shaven, dark- haired man is in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5 feet 9 inches tall and 180 pounds.

- John McDonald

(714) 796-6743

www.ocregister.com...

Well it looks like he is still robbing Radio Shacks, maybe this guy has a screw loose and just likes taking stuff from Radio Shack, but from the guys picture he looks like a well trained (sleeper cell) Terrorist to me.

NOTE: I know we are not supposed to include PIC's in posts but I thought this was too important to the post not to include it
[edit on 26-8-2004 by robertfenix]

[edit on 26-8-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To blow one's cover in order to save $100 on walkie-talkies is ridiculous. These can be bought by the pound these days, next to the produce section in your local supermarket.

This is a non-story, really.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just thought I would give an update. On the news last night they said that this Radio Shack Bandit person attempted to carjack a Fed Ex vehicle at gunpoint. He was caught. It turns out he's Italian, not Middle Eastern. I cannot find the story online but when I do I'll post it.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Just thought I would give an update. On the news last night they said that this Radio Shack Bandit person attempted to carjack a Fed Ex vehicle at gunpoint. He was caught. It turns out he's Italian, not Middle Eastern. I cannot find the story online but when I do I'll post it.

Jemison

what a surprise, it turns out he wasn't middle eastern hbow many times do I need to say this, this is a non story, absolutely nothing to do with terrorism so should not be posted here.

case closed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join