It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Shoe bomber challenges rules at Colorado prison

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Richard Reid now serving a life term has decided that the conditions at the Colorado Super Max prison is abusing his rights. He has filed suit aginst the United States to remedy the situation.
 



www.wrgb.com
( Denver - AP) Imprisoned shoe bomber Richard Reid has moved his court challenge of prison rules to Denver. Reid is serving a life sentence at Colorado's "Supermax" federal prison after pleading guilty in Boston to trying to blow up an airplane with explosives hidden in his shoes. The December 2001 flight from Paris to Miami was diverted to Boston where Reid was arrested.

In the handwritten lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Denver last week, Reid said he has been kept in isolation in a cell with a window that does not let him see outside, and that his mail is inspected by authorities. He said he has been denied access to religious materials, books, classes and correspondence courses, some television and radio stations, prison jobs, telephone calls with his aunts and uncles, daily showers, and his subscription to Time magazine.

Reid unsuccessfully filed a similar complaint in Boston.

Prosecutors say such restrictions are necessary because al-Qaida members sometimes communicate through coded messages.




Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


Wow, given his list of complaints one would think he was at Club Med and not Club Fed. I mean he is in jail right? He has a roof over his head and 3 hots and a cot. Is he entitled to anything else?



[edit on 8-19-2004 by Valhall]




posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Showers and Books(Religious and Non-Religious inbound only...) should be reasonable even under the circumstances of his imprisonment. The rest of his requests are legally declinable without interfering with his rights during detainment. That leaves me at 10% empathy and 90% hilarity.



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Showers and Books(Religious and Non-Religious inbound only...) should be reasonable even under the circumstances of his imprisonment. The rest of his requests are legally declinable without interfering with his rights during detainment. That leaves me at 10% empathy and 90% hilarity.


I seem to recall he has a Quran in his cell. His shower schedule is 3 times a week no more or less than any other prisoner at the "Max". lets face it how dirty can he get sitting in his cell day in day out?



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
His mugshot didn't display any evidence of concern for personal hygiene and by all accounts he is subliterate. He's messing with authority out of boredom. I'm off to thesmokinggun.com to see if they have his handwritten suit.;



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
His mugshot didn't display any evidence of concern for personal hygiene and by all accounts he is subliterate. He's messing with authority out of boredom. I'm off to thesmokinggun.com to see if they have his handwritten suit.;


Can you imagine the poor person who had to sit next to him on the plane? He just looks like he smells bad. This is one problem with the court systems. How many hours are they tied up with these suits?



posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What a maroon! They should send him to a prison in Turkey or Cambodia for a while, he's got it better than most prisoners in the world.

He deserves what he gets. He should just martyr himself for Allah and save the tax payers of Colorado a ton of money.



posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weller
He deserves what he gets. He should just martyr himself for Allah and save the tax payers of Colorado a ton of money.


Hes a federal prisoner so we all pay for him. Rather than let him martyr himself, maybe a tour at Club Med Guantanamo is in order?



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join