It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One World Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
After reading a recent Bluebeam thread, I find myself thinking, what's actually wrong with the idea of having one world government?

ok, assuming it's a fair and just government
(yeah right!) what are the pro's and cons of having just one?

pro's, no more on globe wars? maybe sort out africa? get some human rights for everyone, regardless of where they were lucky enough to be born?

con's..... anyone?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

hi
easily managable slave sheeple

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
“To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place[d] under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality.” (P.-J. Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution in the Nineteenth Century, translated by John Beverly Robinson (London: Freedom Press, 1923), pp. 293-294.)

I believe a one world government would put too much power in too few of hands. Bringing complete and utter destruction of cultures, and mass genocide throughout the world. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

yep, with you, but assuming we found a way to keep corruption out, imagine what we could achieve with an organised world...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

And no opinions either. If anyone dares to question the one party, one world government they can just be rubbed out. No appeal...hell no trial for that matter. Just one guy sitting on a throne rubbing people out. Sounds great...unless you happen to not be that guy.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Love the quote! and probably true about a few governments around the world....

i think if we could manage and motivate the world we get more done and live happier lives.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

there WOULD NOT BE ANY RIGHTS my friend, the elite want no good for us, they have showed it throughout the years. but we all have to remember that its a few of them vs. millions of us.
viva la resistance!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
A one world Government makes perfect sense when all live comfortably and prosperacly.Its the only way for a planet to progress in my opinion.The problem is when you have group of psychopaths running the planet whose plan is to kill 90% of the population and turn the rest into slaves.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
One con will be the refocus from 'if we have a global government' to 'how we want this global government to operate'. From the ashes of WW2 the league of nations started and has evolved into the United Nations. For such a large organisation dealing with many complex issues it is still a relatively young organisation. Over the years it has improved in its cohesion and capability but still has much work to go in improving the human condition.

As for this throne on the tip of the pyramid I see the security council wielding the most most direct power with the general assembly containing the most actual power. There are many other groups, organisations and conflicts going on in sorting out the issues of global organisation. The main role I see for the UN is in providing oversight of nations. It does not have the resources or will to focus on the situations of the individual, but rather more concerned with how different cultural values, beliefs and aims can coexist.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
NWO - OWG. The majority are dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
(yeah right!)

You said it all right there my friend... with just one government, there'd be nothing else to hold them accountable so you can be sure it'd be as unfair and unjust as it possibly could. Think if Germany was the only inhabited place on the planet when Hitler took rise

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
One world government in inevitable.

Once we grow up and get beyond the idea of borders and national sovereignty, instead concentrating on the concept of true individual sovereignty, we will eventually realize a better government. No more illegal immigration and wars over imaginary lines on a map!

The hardest part of what is bound to happen is that we must change our mindset and get past the preconceived notions that a one world government brings with it. One world government does not mean NWO!

Most people, even here on ATS, do have and will have a hard time understanding this.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

The human animal is an angry, combative, territorial, murderous species.

We can never be corraled for long. Our need to create, find, follow, become, the alpha in our respected pack is too great. We steal, cheat, lie, kill, fight, love, hate, with so much (too much) passion to ever remain docile for a one world government to take effect.

Jus my humble opine.
(picking fleas off my fur)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

After reading a recent Bluebeam thread, I find myself thinking, what's actually wrong with the idea of having one world government?

(yeah right!) what are the pro's and cons of having just one?

pro's, no more on globe wars? maybe sort out africa? get some human rights for everyone, regardless of where they were lucky enough to be born?

con's..... anyone?

I can only think of cons...sorry:

* "Just Government" : No such thing ever existed, in any human institution...so the pairing of those two words is an impossibility.
* "No more Wars" : Most "Counties" in the world are mere works of fiction, and lines on maps. The governments of such "Counties" as Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Kenya, and many others, control, at most, the Capital, and some other urban areas...wars are the norm. Even apparently prosperous, and stable Countries have their problems (Turkey/Iran/Iraq with the Kurds; Russia with to many "rebel nationalities" to mention; Belgium/Italy that many want to see imploded; Spain/France with the Basques; UK with N.Ireland, and possibly Scotland...and on and on). A global Government wold only originate Global-Regional uprisings!
* "Human Rights": A nice work of fiction originated in Classic Mediterranean Societies, that had more Slaves, then citizens. Recently, a mere justification for European-centric societies to "rightfully" occupy, plunder, and blackmail, the rest of the planet. The truth is, different cultures have different, and opposing, views on the Human Rights debate. With the rise of non-Western Powers, such as China, India, and, to a certain extent, Russia, the "Human Rights" question is going to be, is already, a non-issue. What you are proposing would amount to Cultural Genocide...besides being totally impossible to implement, and enforce.
* "Sort out Africa (or any other impoverished part of the planet) : Who's wealth would this Global Government steal to be able to do that? Since most of the planet is impoverished, wouldn't this just be a Global Impoverishment Scheme?...Oh, I forgot, that is the current state of affairs...

To put it mildly: Anything a Government does or touches fails!!!

The only outcome of a Global Government would be Mass Planetary Genocide. But, then again, that is what has been happening...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I find myself thinking, what's actually wrong with the idea of having one world government?

A one world government might not be such a bad idea,
if we knew who was behind it all.

David Grouchy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00b276e1b5a6.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

why mr dg, that's an awfully lizardy eye you've found there!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CerBeRus666

-You forgot to mention the impossibility of any nation reclaiming it's sovereignty... you can't rebel against all of the armies of the world at once

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've wondered the same thing about a one world government, as in would it really be that bad. I honestly think the whole thing would be to wide-ranging for the government to get much done at all. I can only speculate, but I'm betting such a government would have to exist as a very large Republic. Various world leaders would be in constant disagreement because each will be looking out for their own territories' needs. The harder it is for them to get anything done the more they actually care, or so I would hope.

Also, I don't believe for a second that a one world government would have the resources (mostly in regards to man power) to quell each and every resistance that springs up across the globe in the event of fishy gov activity.

new topics

top topics

join