It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the USA NOT promoting Soccer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Hey, dumb me; sorry - you posted those US dudes were on the team - just reread and feel dumb. Also, I have another thread about a similar theme (US WC win over ALgeria)...people went nuts here...

CJ

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i think footballs not promoted so much in america because of a couple of things.
1. unlike american football, ice hockey, baseball, basketball, soccer only has one break at half time. so theres not much advertising revenue.
2. its a sport primarily for your feet only. americans dont kick balls in their sports. apart from a touchdown conversion. so its a big difference that way
3. scoring. some matches end 0-0. or 1-0. all american sports have much more 'scores' in their games.
so its a huge cultural difference. american sports dont do so well in europe. same difference

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Soccer is the most popular kids sport in the U.S, No doubt (as you can see over over time reason U.S soccer has been getting better threw the years). A lot of people I no LOVE playing the game FIFA and LOVE watching the world cup. But when it comes to watching Major League Soccor the interest just is not there..Americans love the big action sports like Football (action), Basketball (intense), Hockey (action), and baseball (It's history/mental). For some reason watching a low scoring soccor game just is not interesting to us here in America. However Americans do love the World Cup because we love watching ourselves beating other countries at their own game. I don't understand why I don't see much soccer on ESPN. Unless it is America beating someone or a amazing play.

In my entire life I have never seen a comercial for a Soccer game besides the World Cup.

Soccor in America continues to grow and become more popular..but the thing is Basketball/Football/Baseball/Hockey are already way ahead and continue to grow. Plus Lacrosse is becoming VERY popular with teenagers.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

i choked on my cigarette when i saw your post

so that's the reason they wear protective cup's in american football. to protect your opponent's ass

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hi, I am also a Rangers FC fan and have held this exact conversation with my dad. We both thought it can only be good for Rangers as the amount of income and support it would generate for the team, but think about it in American terms. If American football is played to a poor standard, who will be interested?. It is like a television show that is bigged up but fails to bring in the viewers, no one will watch it meaning the people at the top will lose big money investing and promoting something that will not bring in the revenue to back up the money put into the promotion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join