It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Makes it Illegal to Hit the 'Like' Button on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Just goes to show, people whine about internet censorship but when it comes it is fully embraced.
You are not allowed to collectively like something, neither will you be allowed to collectively dislike something, like say a government.

and sites indicating exploitation are red flagged based upon ......whats its called.....ah yes.......freedom of speech.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I read an article earlier where the writer was hinting that the reason Germany was getting tough with FB was espionage... Germans don't like being spied on by a foreign power.

But, the writer did point out something about Germany that worried me being a Brit.

germanywatch.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Nothing surprises me about this.

The Germans banned Red Bull Cola after finding a trace of coc aine in it.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Red Bull Cola contains coca leaf extract just lke Coca Cola - en.wikipedia.org...
but their alkaloid extraction technique left too many traces of coc aine in the flavouring!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

This is rediculous..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
reply to post by cerebralassassins

“Oh noooo FB crashed and lost all my pictures.” LOL I can then tell them they should have been using my personal server all along.

Give it time, it sure to happen, hey it my even happen this week....

if this is lol (:lol
then i wonder how (lulz) would look like.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

Even worse is that theres no way to stop FB sharing all your info no matter what you do.

It only takes 1 friend to have one app and they have all access to your info. That should be illegal, you should be in control of your info, not your stupid friends playing farmville.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Germany is just #ing PARANOID.

No wonder - "great" history of exploiting, killing and SPYING on its own citizens. (3rd Reich & former Eastern Germany)

Ever since, Germany has a mental problem when it comes to anything remotely privacy related, eg. they crap in their pants due to Google streetmapping cities etc.

Ironically, the law is that that as an OWNER/OPERATOR of a website in Germany you are obliged *by law* to put your full address, phone number etc,. on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join