It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your take on the concept of "Deja Vu"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I would have agreed with this immediately had I not proven to myself and others that it can reach out further than your current experience...if only slightly.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Hi TreadUpon, I understand where you are coming from. Have had experiences that go beyond as well. I believe this is because we are spiritual beings and we all have other ways of ''connecting'' so to speak.

I have my theories on that but that's for another time/thread .

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BGbeauregard

I believe deja vu is a way of letting us know we are at the cross road, so to speak, it’s at this precise moment you get the chance to change your direction. Usually for me déjà vu come with a feeling, if it’s a bad feeling , I stop and assess the situation then I proceed to either follow along with it or do something to avoid what it is I have seen.

It’s hard to explain, but that’s the best way I can describe it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

That's a nice idea in principle, but the trouble I have with it is that I usually experience deja vu over very piffling trifling things, that would be of no consequence one way or the other. I had it just now whilst putting sugar in my coffee for example. Hardly a crossroads point in my life.
Which is not, of course, to say that it doesn't occur at those crucial points you mention.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

i get deja vu all the time, its weird. its never anything interesting that im doing, just having a convasation with friends or something and then bam, major deja vu like i was having that exact conversation, with that exact person in the exact same place but years ago. and when i say something about it they look at me like im crazy lol

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I always jokingly tell people that I only get Vu Jade...because It feels like I have never been here before.

Actually, I have been told that when you experience Deja Vu, it is like you are receiving a confirmation that you are on the right spiritual path...or you are exactly where you are supposed to be in your life at that present moment!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
the weird thing is that whenever i have deja vu it really annloys me and i can spend days trying to think of when id done that thing the first time. maybe i did see it years ago but in a dream, a kinda premanition lol i dunno but it bugs the hell outa me

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thank you for giving me insight to this. I experience the feeling of been here done this on at least a monthly basis. I hate to compare the two but the only way I can describe the feeling would be like this, Hollywood style slow-mo. I can usually guess the words coming out of the mouth of the person I am speaking to, the actions of the cars around me on the road, simply what will happen in the next second of time. Just when I know I am experiencing this and really try to get a grasp on it the feeling goes away and time resumes. Anyone else feel like this? I am not being sarcastic, just trying to relate how I feel at a very strange moment in time.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

edit on 21-8-2011 by Doodle19815 because: Sorry, posted twice.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hey.

Theres the theory that we could be re-living the same life over and over till we as a race develop the ability to stop destroying eachother and advance spiritually? i mean think about it, how else would you have seen that exact place before from the exact place where your standing, it's just a theory but we could be picking up memories of the previous self.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Deja Vu...

ATS "Recent posts" throwing up 3 threads on the same topic..

2 days later, 2 more threads on the same topic appear.

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's like this. You know that phenomenon of people dying and they're whole life "flashes before their eyes?" Well, that's a real thing that happens, except that at the actual and final instant of your real "death," your mind takes over and starts replaying your entire life, moment by moment, in real time to spare you the horror of non-existence. And it keeps doing it over and over in a loop forever. So you are essentially always living an illusion of your life, trapped in the moment of your own death.

Most of the time, you don't remember having lived the life before. But every once in a while, by some cosmic quantum fluke, bits of your past existences "leak through" into your memory, giving you the feeling that you've done this before. And of course, you have, countless times.

Deja vu is remembering and becoming aware of the time loop you're trapped in.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

So now I am a more than a little freaked out! Are you telling me I am dead and reliving life? Or is this like a reincarnation thing only we are born again into the same life? Strange random happening would not exist at all if I am just reliving a previous life. That would be the equivalent to one heck of a 3-D movie. We watch it play and interact but all of our choice would be pre-determined. This is gonna take awhile to wrap my mind around.

Gotta go poke myself and watch in the mirror so I know I am still alive. I'll check back later for your answer.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

This is a fascinating subject and something that everyone seems to experience at some point in their lives, for others, many times. I like to think of the universe and the cosmos on a quantum level, where time is not linear and is more like quantum waves or even a coil that can spring back on itself like a slinky and occasionally overlap. This is where a déjà vu event is likely to occur. It could also explain things like ghosts and other seemingly supernatural phenomena.
A favourite quote of mine is : Time is what stops everything from happening all at once. (Albert Einstein )
Space is what prevents everything from happening to me! (John Wheeler)

So really if space and time are the same thing as has been the hypothesis of many great minds, lets consider space to be space and time to be a human construct to help us define and separate one event from another. Otherwise in reality, everything could be happening all at once. Consider different dimensions, different realities in which you exist and live several times all at once and the only thing that separates these lives is a personal concept of time? What may be déjà vu may be that you are simply recalling something that has already happened at another point in space? I know I am not the first person to think like this but for me it seems to make sense. Hey...it's a theory. *shrugs*

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that scientists speculate deja vu is basically pathways in the brain that are "well worn" from memories being flooded with new information that contains bits of past events (say a familiar smell, or site) and the two memories (the old memory and the one you are now creating) getting mixed up.

I used to speculate that Deja Vu was basically the brain remembering a precognitive dream. Normally, when we have dreams that are mundane in nature, we don't remember them and it seems like we didn't dream at all. I often wondered if some of these "mundane" dreams are precognitive somehow. Events that will happen in the future, and when they do, you get the sense you've experienced the event before because you did (in your dream).

The former explanation is the more logical but I prefer the latter for the fun

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BGbeauregard
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but this is the best I could find. So, as the topic states, what are yalls feelings on Deja Vu? I've had many, many experiences in my life where I felt I had already experienced, or been at that exact moment in time before. It hits me like a freight train every single time, my whole body is overwhelmed with this crazy feeling (can't really explain it) that at that exact point in time, I've been there before.

Now, I've of course heard the belief of having lived a past life, but personally I don't believe that. What are your opinions on this subject?

I read a book that said that prior to you incarnating into this current life on earth, that you created a blueprint of your life, mapping out all the experiences, all the people who will come into your life from family, to friends, to acquaintances----and that when you experience this sense of deja vu, that you are *unconsciously* (not sure if that's the best word to use) remembering something that is pretty much dead on in line with what you wrote into your blueplan. Therefore the phenomenon of deja vu would be your soul's way of confirming that you are in fact exactly where you need to be (according to your plan) at that exact moment in time, doing and thinking whatever you are doing and thinking at that time. The familiarity comes from the idea that you wrote it all out in a way that you were able to paint a picture so to speak, and then to see that....deja vu.

Of course, it goes on to talk about free will...and how even though we map out our lives and come here with specific purposes (to work on perfecting our already perfect souls ---think ...if you were a perfect soul, knowing love inside and out...but to live breathe and walk love in this dense dimension---gives all you know about love a new meaning.) This idea can go on and on to help a soul really appreciate all that is perfect when it is perfect. To come here to experience this dense realm...is painful...yet rewarding at the same time.

So I know I'm rambling. I could take the time to try and write this more eloquently but I just want to get the gist of it written and posted.

Where did i read about this? Sylvia Browne (she may or may not be a complete joke and/or fraud--or not) came out with a book entitled "insight" that goes in depth about the deja vu phenomenon.

I accidentally stumbled on this book when it was on clearance outside of a borders store. I started reading it, got hooked immediately (which doesn't normally happen since it's hard these days for books to grasp/hold my attention) because I felt there was truth underlying a lot of the concepts and ideas that she mentions in that book, not to mention that she presents it in a way that you can 'take it or leave it' meaning you hold on to what resonates with you and leave the rest behind.

great book, in my personal opinion. I went back to borders shortly after finishing reading it and bought about 4 or 5 copies and sent them to my family members & close friends who I thought might be able to 'listen' and find the book useful.

It also helped me come to grips and become more accepting of the concept of death. It's all tied in to the 'blueprint' that you create for yourself before you are born into a physical body

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've never thought about a spiritual side of Deja Vu. I've always believed it's the brain trying to process potential outcomes of actions that we could take in our current situation and sometimes when we do an action that the brain had previously processed it seems as if we had done it before.

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The following copied from my profile:

I am a solipsist. My default position is belief in my self. There is an odd thread of familiarity that permeates my existence. That is to say, I believe that I have done this an infinite amount of times before. As opposed to those that believe in reincarnation, I believe that I am the first and only incarnation of myself. If God is infinite, and is not governed by the rules of time, than this means that everything is past, present, and future according to him.

In which case, everything has already been written, it all had been done before, which would explain my curious sense of Deja Vu.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BGbeauregard
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but this is the best I could find. So, as the topic states, what are yalls feelings on Deja Vu? I've had many, many experiences in my life where I felt I had already experienced, or been at that exact moment in time before. It hits me like a freight train every single time, my whole body is overwhelmed with this crazy feeling (can't really explain it) that at that exact point in time, I've been there before.

Now, I've of course heard the belief of having lived a past life, but personally I don't believe that. What are your opinions on this subject?

I have them all the time, I mean a lot. It's Spooky.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I used to have de javu. I haven't had it now for about 30 years. I used to think about it long and hard....why is this so familiar? I think sometimes it was something that I dreamed about and now it's happening. Sort of like a dream come true.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join