It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90% of Global Warming is due to Blacktop's and rooftop's.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I asked similar questions and never got an answer. Just defensiveness.

I am curious the response though

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Interesting idea. I would be down for it if the government paid for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

Ever notice that in the bush after dark there is little to no radiant heat?? In fact its usually kind of cool. This is because the plant life absorbs the heat and transforms it in to work.

Painting surfaces green changes nothing. The object itself will still store massive amounts of heat. Man made objects don't turn the heat into something else. They just trap it and then release it slowly overnight.

I have a green belt in my backyard. We sit by the greenbelt at night to keep cool in the summer. When I approach my house from the greenbelt and can feel the heat coming off of the house. Not to mention the hot air trapped in the attic.

The object painted green would probably absorb less heat but would still trap much. My white.car retains its heat until at least midnight some nights.

We need more plant life in cities.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hot asphalt pavement, vehicle engine heat, exhaust heat and and heat from air conditioning units contribute a tremendous amount of heat that is in the atmosphere of urban areas... I was a circulation district manager for the Dallas Times Herald which was an evening paper that went under in the 1980s.. The district I had was in an area with heavy traffic and huge apartment complexes.. I have also worked in cotton fields and on the back of a garbage truck in a rural area.. The newspaper job in Dallas was hell in comparison even though it was a 5 hour a day gig compared to 8 or 12 hours on the other jobs.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

Ever notice that in the bush after dark there is little to no radiant heat?? In fact its usually kind of cool. This is because the plant life absorbs the heat and transforms it in to work.

Painting surfaces green changes nothing. The object itself will still store massive amounts of heat. Man made objects don't turn the heat into something else. They just trap it and then release it slowly overnight.

I have a green belt in my backyard. We sit by the greenbelt at night to keep cool in the summer. When I approach my house from the greenbelt and can feel the heat coming off of the house. Not to mention the hot air trapped in the attic.

The object painted green would probably absorb less heat but would still trap much. My white.car retains its heat until at least midnight some nights.

We need more plant life in cities.

Disinformation Post.

I am more then sure you had the black and white paper experiment while in 3rd grade which shows how BLACK PAPER is always 20+ then white, no matter what the weather conditions.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
On a hard minus twenty degree winter day the blacktop's around my house hold a temperature of 54 degrees. On a Hot 90 Degree day during the Summer my black paved driveway holds a temperature of 110 well after midnight.

90% of of global warming is due to radiant heat. %7 is due to CO2 emissions from cars and factory's. Our atmosphere traps no more then 3% of the Sun's heat that encases the Earth.

Painting the street's and rooftops green or white means global warming = solved.

Blacktops result in local warming, not global warming. They have no direct effect on the unpopulated Arctic, and yet the climate change in the Arctic has been the strongest (as predicted by theory).

The black paved driveway is contributing to global warming on account of the greenhouse gases used in its manufacture, and its intended use.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This doesn't really make sense for actual global warming, but it would make sense explaining the people that believe they can feel the effects.. but tarred roofs and blacktopped cities have been around a bit guy.
edit on 28-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There have been recent studies that one major, contributing factor for global warming is "organic methane gas".
The methane gas is distributed into the atmosphere where it is chemically broken into ozone, increasing the ozone layer and thus preventing more and more heat radiation from Earth.
One of the main causes and major producers of such organic methane is kangaroos. To be specific: We are talking about kangaroo farts here, in simple speak.
There is a huge population of kangaroos in the Australian outback who create TONS of methane every year, estimates ranging from 500.000-750.000 cubic tons of methane annually. This is also one main reason why the ozone layer in Australia is especially weak - resulting in a heightened rate of skin cancer due to increased UV rays in the southern hemisphere due to the weak ozone layer.
As a proposed solution to the global warming, the University of Canberra is conducting several studies and field experiments, eg. one is the closing of kangaroo anuses with plugs so that the methane gas cannot exit the bodies anymore, therefore limiting the global warming *significantly*.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Disinfo?? Hardly, not my style.

Plantlife does not radiate as much heat as manmade objects. Sorry but its the truth. Plant life turns this heat into energy. The natural processes of the earth also trap this heat and turn it into other things such as oil. Manmade objects store and then radiate fully the heat back in to the atmosphere because they cannot turn it in to energy. And don't use any of it unless it is a greenhouse or a solar panel.

Don't see how that's disinfo.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Probably why running down kangaroos with land rovers in the outback is a popular past time.
hehe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join