It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday, Dimebag Darrell (Pantera/Damageplan)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Just wanted to take a moment to remember a friend of mine on what would be his 44th birthday today. Unfortunately his life was cut short back in 2004 and he is no longer with us. "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott, guitarist for the bands PANTERA and DAMAGE PLAN

Happy Birthday, Dime. WE MISS YOU!

in honor of my boy, Dime, here are just a few of the pictures I took of him over the years, as well as some passes and guitar picks, for the enjoyment of everyone on ATS who is or was a fan. Getcha Pull

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
One of the greatest guitarists of all time. Happy birthday brother.

Star & Flag

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
May he be shredding with the greats where ever he is! Long live the Dime squeal! I finally mastered the squeal! He is missed.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Happy Birthday Dimebag,your an absolute LEGEND!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

He's not going to hear you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
the dead guy was my friend. and the forum i am posting in is MUSIC. there are forums here for military support. why dont you post in one of them? if off topic music posts were a waste of bandwidth (which doesnt belong to you anyway) then why does ATS specifically have a forum FOR this?

If you think my topic is a waste of space, why are you wasting your time with it?
edit on 20-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Sorry for contributing to your thread. What I meant to say is that "Dimebag" can read this from heaven, and one day, "God" will re-unite you guys together."God" bless, and I can only pray you will forgive me.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

oh, no worries. apology accepted, albeit i am not a Christian (hence the screen name High Priestess, and the tarot card avatar) so i don't really "do" the whole heaven and god thing, but i do appreciate your blessings in that respect. like i said earlier, as well as in my original post, i made this thread to share some pics and pay some respects - for his fans that are on ATS - and not because i think he can read an internet page. but i am pretty sure you were intelligent enough to "get" that, right? of course you were, as evidenced by your apology. again, thank you so much for your apology. and i will make sure to contribute to any threads that you post in the future.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I don't post threads, only "contribute."

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
well then, perhaps you should practice what you preach and go make a thread about the fallen soldiers.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Thank you highpriestess for posting this. He was a true artist.

I was about 14 years old, worshipping Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica when I bought the Vulgar Display of Power cassette(man I'm old) ...It affected me immediately. The riffs and leads from "Hollow" and "This Love" have stayed with me until this day. "Walk" is awesome in it's simplicity............He changed the metal world and never gets enough credit.

R.I.P DBD!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I'm with ya, here's my contribution to the tribute.....Cross Canadian Ragweed.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s

Wow! Good thing you guys made out, because I was about to eat you the f*** alive.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

oh i know his/her "apology" was actually a backhanded insult. it's all good, though... just goes to show the maturity level of some people. but none of it changes the fact that DIMEBAG DARRELL kicks a$$!! Rock in Peace, Dime!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Dime is one of my heroes hes brought me through so much with his music even inspired me to play guitar. He will forever be etched in my mind and in my heart. he will forever be one of the greats. Pantera single handedly saved metal during the grunge phase of the 90's they kept making badass music. Theres not a day that goes by that I don't hear dimes riffs. And they will forever echo through my head. Get ya pull.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s

That makes you an uneducated troll.

You uneducated troll.

---

RIP Dimebag.

Great pictures by the way - The picks look well used, haha.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Black Tooths all around! It was a sad day when dime was stolen from us. But he has left a wealth of riffage and a musical and style of life all his own. Make no sense? Of course it dont. . . Dimebonics.
miss ya! Happy birthday!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Dimebag rules. But for some strange reason I still can't 100% into some of his riffs. The vast majority of them are hard to assimilate. Come to think about it, you know a riff is heavy when it's hard to assimilate.

Happy birthday, unfortunately s*** happens.

Darrel has made his mark deeply and boldly into the big stone that is heavy metal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join