It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A voluntary citizen militia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
During these tough and trying times, would seem logical for average Joe citizens to congregate and work on weapons training, survival techniques, fitness training, shooting lessons. As trust in the government is scarce these days, and all of these talks of martial law, should we take our own actions to learn how to stand up and fight a corrupt government? Would we need to learn these tactics? Would our military support the citizens, or obey orders from there command? What do you guys think? Food for thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
.............got my eye on you.

lol. don't you already have that going on?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Whatever do you mean? haha

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by loneranger26

If Iraq is any indication, they will blindly do whatever their government orders them to do. Any militia activity that is organized against a government will be considered treasonous(?) and will be finished quickly.

(not sure of spelling
)

link   
The governments always been corrupt so what's the main point your trying to get at?

Are you implying something is going to happen soon that hasn't happened in the history of America even though the same system has been in place for over 200 years?

link   

They're already around, they're called MAG's (Mutual Aid Groups) Usually the people on your block or in your neighborhood, If you haven't met your neighbors, I suggest you do so....

link   
reply to post by superman2012

That is kind of what the definition of treason is you know.

Would you expect them not to defend the country?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Its not against any law for a group of people to go shooting together, or running, or hiking and learning survival, therefore it is not treason. I am not talking about putting on black masks and smuggling RPG's here. Just readying ourselves for anything. Even in the unlikely event of an outside force invading, these skills would be usefull

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
No but it is treason if your formed militia actively opposes the government which the other poster had mentioned. Nothing wrong with going out and playing war on the weekend if you want though.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32
[more

Right and I agree with that. But I am stretching for here is, Should we take advantage of those freedoms to learn war games and tactics while we still openly can?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by loneranger26
Its not against any law for a group of people to go shooting together, or running, or hiking and learning survival, therefore it is not treason. I am not talking about putting on black masks and smuggling RPG's here. Just readying ourselves for anything. Even in the unlikely event of an outside force invading, these skills would be usefull

I agree, but in my first post, I played devil's advocate for a moment as dumb government agent1. they don't see it in the same light. recently the FBI asked shopkeepers to keep tabs on people buying basic supplies. camo, etc..

and outside invading force is not as unlikely as you think, I hope it doesn't happen in our lifetime, but it will be attempted, I guarantee.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah I bet the FBI is keeping tabs. Just trying to oppress the blind public.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Rather pointless in my opinion. Do you think your little group will be able to last long against a well armed and well trained regular army unit who can resupply while you can't?

The best that you would be able to hope for is a standoff than they will just send in helicopters and blow you away. You guys have helicopters?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Dude, you want to chill out a little bit, its food for thought. I'm not forming a "little group" for anything. And as far as helicopters go, if some Taliban terrorist with likely an unguided RPG can take down a Chinook carrying 30 plus, majority being Navy SEAL members, than that just proves that a few have the power to make major impacts.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry, officer, I was just on my way to another forum.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
There are already several militia groups in almost every state. However, this mostly consists of a bunch of grown men with little or no formal military experience going out to a secluded spot while wearing too much gear and camo. Then they drink some beer, shoot some targets, maybe run some "field exercises" and then call it a day.

Personally, I think you'd be better off on your own. These militias tend to be full of wannabe weekend soldiers with no actual long term preparations in mind aside from collecting and then wasting bullets.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I have one here in Middle TN that has a couple of people in it. We`ve got copies of just about every field manual we could get our hands on and are pretty regular at a local range. When we do PT, we run down the sidewalks at night in camo and it freaks some people out. Best idea out there is to have localized milita to protect and defend your neighborohood, you cant count on police.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Not true, the groups i know have mostly ex-military guys with combat they can put on there resume. They join up for the comradery that one gets from being in the sh!t together that they dont have in civilian life. Dont have any retarded backwoods hicks with a double-barrel and a jug O` shine wistlin` dixie here. If and that is a really big IF we had to go up against NG or Army regulars we could give them a good fight. We know the land, we know what they know, we have mostly what they have as far as personal equipment. We even have an AirForce, even if its just a broken down single engine Cessna
I havent flown it in 2 years, the engine has gone bad in it and its currently in a thousand pieces that litters the hangar floor.

No one plays call of duty in this outfit.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by superman2012

That is kind of what the definition of treason is you know.

Would you expect them not to defend the country?

Sorry I didn't mean for them to rise against their government, just being prepared for the eventual. I would expect soldiers to not follow orders blindly if it clashed with their own moral and ethical outlook. I would expect them to do what the have always done, protect the PEOPLE of the country.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Easy guys.... this question is one a lot of people are thinking about and one that often goes unasked...

first let me say... there are organized groups... many of them mutual aid, as mentioned earlier, others of a more dubious nature... it would behove you to form your own group of like minded individuals...

as for we Military types... you never can tell... I want to say most of my brothers and sisters in arms would never turn their guns on the fellow countrymen... most but not all... push comes to shove you might be very surprised at who your fighting with and who your fighting against....

I do suggest you focus less on the militia and more on the community aspects... gun battles start and end in the blink of an eye... but tilling the soil and managing livestock is never ending

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join