It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make Fire using ICE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Interesting Video I found on you tube.

How to make Fire by ice from the creek , clear ice is almost as much of a challenge as making an ice lens! It is interesting that ice wants to be clear. When water molecules freeze, they like to form a regular crystal lattice, Put a little black powder in by tender bundle, to see fast flame, you don't need black powder it will still work, Basic Wilderness survival bushcraft

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
nice

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
That was cool!

Thanks for sharing.

Now I at least know I can use Ice (if available), and a chocolate bar rubbed on a soda can.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Makes sense. Nice presentation. I wont forget this new knowledge ive acquired.

Question is how long does it take from start to finish?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I almost didn't bother to click on this thread. I thought: Impossible! Wow, impressive! I would have never thought of such a thing!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Brilliant. Nice, well presented and simple just the way I like it.

Dave Canterbury used this information and managed to make fire using similar principals with a clear plastic bag and his own urine so the science behind this could be a real life saver given the unfortunate conditions something like this would have to be put into practice.

I cannot find the video of him doing this from a quick google search but it's from the show Dual Survival.

You have to make sure the ice (or urine) is reasonably clear else this won't work.

Time to practice peeing in bags until I perfect the technique for winter so I can practice with ice.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ice Sculptors use vibration during the formation of the ice to ensure clarity, I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with removing air bubbles during the freezing process, but in a SHTF scenario maybe's there a use for those old vibrators after all.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

The element must be at the bottom of the mold to freeze from bottom to top and you need one or two circulation pumps to keep the water spinning above the frozen bottom.. As the water freezes move the pumps up.
the ice will freeze crystal clear.. A friend used to make ice sculptures.. :-) peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I know this works IN THEORY.. and it can work under controlled circumstances, but Ive tried this in the field, and believe me, you'll be much warmer if you carry a $.99 mini bic lighter.
It can be done, and in an extreme emergency, it could be a useful bit of knowledge, but seriously, try this sometime. You'll see it's not as easy as it is shown to be.
This is EXTREMELY difficult to do in the field... even if thick pieces of ice are available.

top topics

join