It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Sentience365
reply to post by bjsmi2
To be honest, no one has been able to help me out at any point in my life with this stuff, so you may be right that I need to find my own answers.
What has always helped, however, is asking questions of others who have had similar experiences and simply letting the reality of a world outside ours sink in.
Originally posted by Sentience365
reply to post by Onboard2
I consider myself lucky enough to have had my faith built out of my experiences. I say faith not in the sense of blindly following some instruction put upon me by worldly sources but because I have been cut off, hopefully temporarily, from the interconnectedness which bared itself to me. I keep the faith that I will find my way back because my last experience actually found me.
(29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."
(50) Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where did you come from?', say to them, 'We came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?', say, 'We are its children, we are the elect of the living father.' If they ask you, 'What is the sign of your father in you?', say to them, 'It is movement and repose.'"
(84) Jesus said, "When you see your likeness, you rejoice. But when you see your images which came into being before you, and which neither die not become manifest, how much you will have to bear!"
1. I haven’t meditated for years, I watch TV (though at the time of the incident I hadn’t for about two months), I do not actively seek enlightenment and I drink on occasion. So it would seem from my research that I am not a candidate for this sort of thing, so my first question is: “Why did it take place?”
2. I am not a poet so I cannot describe it to you in stunning enough detail the "oneness" I felt, but believe me when I say that it was amazing. I felt love, plain and simple, everyone tosses around the word but I understood what it was to “live” love even if it was only for a short time. So my second question is: “Why does someone like me deserve to feel that and not everyone else as well?” I am convinced the world would change if they could have only one minute of my time in “that place.”
3. Third question: “Has anyone else experienced this ‘enlightenment’ for only a short time like I have?” It has always been portrayed as something you must dedicate your entire life to achieving and then you get to bask in its glow for eternity.
4. I mentioned in the first paragraph that this was not my first strange experience. Throughout my life I have seen things and had psychic episodes which were verified by those around me. These mostly occurred when I was younger (my mother says her family line carries this trait) and also for about a year before I discovered ATS, hence my joining. So apparently I either carry a genetic form of mild schizophrenia or I am “gifted.” So my fourth question is: “What is the use of this trait in our world today?” I could understand its use in maybe a tribal setting but in this day and age it just seems to interfere with everyday living.