It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help understanding strange experiences.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You might get different types of interpretations from different people. I'll bounce back at you mine, and of course it is colored and inspired by my own experiences and the way I interpret them, so you can feel free to embrace them, reject them, or leave them on the table with a "eh. whatever."

I would suggest that you had a momentary contact with your deep subconscious. It sounds like something that happens to me, more or less often. It is amazing, uplifting, and it seems that all knowledge it at your disposal. I sometimes wonder if this isn't actually the "holy grail" from myth, that men searched for. That recepticle of knowledge within us that seems to be continually full.

This happens at times when I am writing, and in those times, I can pour out information I absolutely didn't know before I saw it written. As I go along reading what I wrote, I find myself asking questions about it, for precision, and as soon as I think of the question, the answers roll out. The result is extremely long and fascinating writings I go back and reread for days, going "wow!". The feeling of elation during and immediately after- just as you described- total LOVE- is beyond words.

I do not have any sense of this coming from any other being, of being "channelling" another entity of some sort. It just seems to bubble up from a well within. So I do not feel able to claim it is "mine", coming from my ego, nor from anyone else...... it just....IS.

Contrary to the idea that this kind of wisdom is a state one reaches and basks in forever after, it seems to be a state that can come and go. I have become conscious that when it is happening or not seems to correspond to my own desire to connect that way, which honestly is NOT all the time.

As you can bare witness to, that huge open consciousness can be somewhat of an obstacle in everyday physical life. When you are walking around so aware, it is harder to focus on personal goals or intents. I walk around like that outside, I know things about everyone I pass on the street, and the way all things work together is clear. All IS as it should be, when we see the leaves, trunk and roots of it all. I am overwhelmed by the beauty of it all and any of my own personal, individual, desires, goals, or concerns lose any significance.

This sounds very desireable to some poetic minds, but I guess I am more pragmatic, and do not see this as that great if it makes me drop my responsibilities in this world. I have children and loved ones who need me to stay with my feet on the ground. I have a body that needs my attention to it's physical needs for survival. I didn't manifest on this plane of physicality ONLY to escape it! It was to experience it and though I find this a valuable experience to have access to, I have no desire to have my head in the clouds all the time while my feet are neglected and forgotten.

That seems to me a sort of gluttony or greed of personal power..... a reflection of the same greed you see in people who are filthy rich and cannot stop wanting to get more- except we're talking knowledge or insight, instead of money. Your "wealth" comes from all the collective generating it, you may have found an access to it, but simply basking in that rich experience is not circulating.

If you can find a way to aid others with that access, then at least you are giving back as well.
If you are demanding payment for it, you are simply transforming your wealth from spiritual to material.
If you go about it without payment (in subtle ways during normal day to day exchanges) you transform it to physical.
These are not "bad" transformations of energy! There is no good or bad choice!
But receiving and not putting it out somehow results in a build up which will eventually be destructive to your body and mind. (you might see that in patients at the psychiatric hospital.....)
So it is normal that having an influx of so much power at a time is frightening in a way, because so much power means just as much responsibility (like winning the lottery all of a sudden, you are then obligated to deal with organizing and balancing all that money).

So thankfully, it isn't normally a state you reach and stay in all the time usually. That is insanity in this world of polarization- that is Alice in Wonderland where what things are not, they are, and vice-versa.
Being able to fluctuate between conscious awareness of self and other separation (being down to earth, physical, pragmatic and with personal focus) and this state of whole conscious awareness,
allows you to have moments of intake and then moments of output, where you put them to use and transform them here.
Bringing heaven to earth.
Which as you see in this moments, it IS already here, it is just a matter of seeing it.

If I were you, I would not worry any more about being nutso (I went to a psychiatrist and a psychoanalyst for a while too). Try to ground yourself and do the things you want to do, but also make compartments or parts of your life where you can be alone, be in nature, meditate, open to that "acceptation" or embrace of what you cannot control and possess (as you did about going to the gym on time!). Letting go of that need to control is the key.

If you can give yourself moments of that, as well as moments of being focused and driven in your physical life, then you can find a balance and benefit from the experience.
Just my (extremely long) opinion, for you to ignore if it doesn't feel right to you!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

The presence that filled the place where I visited made it seem like I could come back there at will. Unfortunately this has not happened and I don't know how to make it happen. I think this is the reason I came back, I love my girlfriend and would never want to leave her on this journey alone. I understood the illusion but chose to live in it because I wanted to have her understand it what it was as well.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I'll be able to help her with that seeing as I can't help myself at this point.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
reply to post by bjsmi2

To be honest, no one has been able to help me out at any point in my life with this stuff, so you may be right that I need to find my own answers.

What has always helped, however, is asking questions of others who have had similar experiences and simply letting the reality of a world outside ours sink in.

I see nothing wrong with asking others about their experiences. Maybe eventually you will draw a person to you that will share one similar to yours. Synchronicity you know? Are you still with your girlfriend?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Bluesma, you got it! I can tell that Neale Donald Walsh has had a similar experience by the points he discusses on his site, although I think he could be communing with his own essence. He states "There is nothing we have to do" and when we are in that state, we know it. Doesn't sound practical or logical,does it?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Thank you for your well thought out reply. I had stated a point you brought up to another poster before I saw your post. It was the subject of staying grounded. I decided to hang around for my girlfriend so she could possibly share what I just been able to access (just like you want to stick around for your kids). The thought of walking around with a smile on my face 24/7 seems amusing though. I didn't want to become a Buddha whose words fall on ears which are, at the time, unable to grasp the concepts necessary to ascend.

Ironically, although I wanted to help her out, it seems like I now require guidance.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I love your signature! Yes, there are many times I wish I had a fairy godmother that could give me all the answers and tell me what to do. I will say though that many times I am answered in my dreams. This life hasn't been easy for me.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
.....um, I suddenly felt very tired and was going to go nap after writing, but stepped outside and stood looking at the hills and had an influx of stuff to say to YOU. I guess I am going to post it for you, and you can feel free to not even read it if you wish, okay? I would not feel offended!

Our lives we have created outside mirror our inner lives. If you will, imagine your relationship with your partner, for example, as a reflection of the relationship between your intellect/ego (you) and your feminine side- the collective awareness of "other" or "not I"(her). These are both parts of ourself, the conscious and subconscious.

So her qualities, attributes, and activities, as well as yours, tell much about what these parts fo yourself are like and are doing at any given time. When we enter into relationships it is because we recognize similarities (she is like your subconscious) and then the entwining synchronizes daily.

She is exchanging knowledge, wisdom, and support with others.
Your subconscious is/has been doing the same thing.

You are developing your force, as has your conscious ego.

This is a super combination for coordination and cooperation between the two, when the ego opens to the input of the subconscious!

Your ego needs to develop itself to act as a transformer- it needs to develop strength of mind and will, it needs to develop skills in language and thought to be able to translate and communicate the input of the subconscious outward. The idea that education, physical development, learning of skills and arts is not needed to be spiritually developed is FALSE. It is as false as thinking you can get far and be a voyager if you don't upkeep your car or have one that is in good working order and of high quality.

Your subconscious inner female that has been actively exchanging with the collective has an incredible link up there, and when your ego lets go and gives in to her input, you get intuition that is rich.
If you have developed your strength and skills enough to be able to organize and communicate these thought packets into linear form, she will be amazed and thankful- as your girlfriend was. For most often that inner subconscious is limited to working in the background, sending messages through psychic channels and being unrecognized outwardly by the self consciousness- unacknowledged and de-valued in the dark background.

You may be at a moment of time when working on building the body of the self can be slowed down, and no longer the total focus. It may be ready for the work it was being trained for- which is even more valuable than just being strong for strong sake or for esthetics.

The cross-over form having knowledge to being wise may be the passage you are entering now.

I gotta go sleep, even though it is 9:30 AM. -oh that is another thing. Sometimes, when it starts rolling through, it exhausts the body. That is why developing endurance is important too!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Folks i think most of your answers are great in all there own ways. And asking questions is the way to do it who needs to. The answer i do believe lies within us tho... Im just glad to see everyone trying to help a fellow human that was asking a question regarding the big picture. Peace to all !

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'd like to say one more thing about my experiences. I wasn't aware that we are always judging our own thoughts, until I had my experiences and then they became only thoughts moving through my mind like a caress. Also, thinking too much really doesn't help in our day to day lives. I don't mediate, so I comtemplate something very pleasant. I have to force myself to stop thinking and just be in the present moment. I call it lifting the frequency.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I 100% agree with you that our partners and the company which we keep reflect us at the deepest levels of our unconscious. Also, the translation of the my subconscious thought into material I can actual relate to those around has been of the utmost importance to me lately (although it is a task I find quite challenging). I swear you have either walked down the path or are psychic because you are touching things which I dwell on frequently.

I think you are right that the building of the body is going to need to be calmed down. I think my mind is attempting to tell me to cut it down substantially but I am not listening because of the fear of loss. My aspirations seem to be journeying elsewhere but I cannot see through the fog far enough to grasp at something.

Thanks for the advice! It was well received.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Oh trust me, I feel "inner me" eying the thoughts which go through my head on a frequent basis. It's at those times where I focus on one thing and one thing alone, all intent and all purpose.

You should try to focus on what your face might be looking like at those times. I tend to look really pissed when I'm analyzing myself and then I get a laugh when I realize it. Gives a lighthearted feel to the whole event.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
hey man ive felt that exact same feeling of oneness, it gives me a strange feeling and i lose myself, it is very scary because i hate to feel like im floating away or detaching from my self, my damn ego is huge.........i truly do think it is the consequence of realizing that we are one thing....we never look into peoples eyes, people usually shy away, but try doing it more, you may see or feel something interesting, theres a theory that i came up with, well not me personally, it seems to have been around and gaining popularity, about us all being one thing, i try to explain it with subjectivity, viewpoints and the physical brain, so i do lean on science heavily, but i do not restrict myself spiritually so i try to reach new areas of thought......check out the posts in illumination be your own god for what i think the answer MAY be.......

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't separate science from spirituality. To me they are one and the same, but we live in a world that mainly looks outward. I was just reading the Ancient:Forbidden Archaeologist thread "What Would You Do" and Cremo is a rare individual. There is a difference in having faith and actually knowing. Cremo States:

"We did not evolve up from matter; instead we devolved, or came down, from the realm of pure
consciousness, spirit," says Cremo. He bases his response on modern science and the world's
great wisdom traditions, including the Vedic philosophy of ancient India. Cremo proposes that
before we ask the question, "Where did human beings come from? we should first contemplate,
"What is a human being?" Cremo asserts that humans are a combination of matter, mind, and
consciousness (or spirit).

Human Devolution contains solid scientific evidence showing how a subtle mind element and a
conscious self that can exist apart from the body have been systematically eliminated from
mainstream science by a process of knowledge filtration. "Any time knowledge filtration takes
place you can expect a great deal of resistance, criticism, and ridicule when it is exposed and
challenged," says Cremo.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
the people/environment/ everything around you does not only influence your unconscious it is what makes up your consciousness......everyone runs the same mechanisms has the same body, and the same brain. the brain is a super adapting machine like thing that is thrown into a bunch of data(birth) and from the beginning is taking everything in and integrating it, none of us existed at birth, it took time and data for our brains to form our selves, we are all unique because no brain can experience the same things you have, because no person/brain will occupy the same time and space as you, thus no one gets the exact same stream of data coming into them, this data is what defines us, it like we are all reporters sent out by god or whatever made us or whatever we come from......we are the same, we are one, we are just spread out.......the universe may be a big abyss, a huge void, but it is consciousness that fills the void, it is the combination of our brains and the data that enable you to have a unique perspective and enable us to sit here in different positions and talk to each other about what WE have learned or experienced, look into someones eyes next time you talk to them and see how much of yourself you see......

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectivelife

I had always heard that we were all connected but until my experience I saw it as simply something I would never understand. To me this stuff was just a concept in a book or the words of some religious leader and I would shrug them off like so much trash. I now understand what they meant, my experience seems like it happened so long ago even though it was just this year, but I have carried the feeling of it within me since.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I consider myself lucky enough to have had my faith built out of my experiences. I say faith not in the sense of blindly following some instruction put upon me by worldly sources but because I have been cut off, hopefully temporarily, from the interconnectedness which bared itself to me. I keep the faith that I will find my way back because my last experience actually found me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365

I consider myself lucky enough to have had my faith built out of my experiences. I say faith not in the sense of blindly following some instruction put upon me by worldly sources but because I have been cut off, hopefully temporarily, from the interconnectedness which bared itself to me. I keep the faith that I will find my way back because my last experience actually found me.

You must have been ready for it at that time and there was a reason for it too, even if we don't understand at the time. I think you could have experienced Samadhi or Nervana. I believe there is a state of consciousness that some of us can tap into at certain points of our life. It's so extraordinary, it's hard to describe.

I came to understand that everything that happens to us is for the sole purpose of finding our way back and reaching the ultimate soul growth. I'm always answered, but sometimes in strange ways.

I found this link that might explain what you experienced.www.psycanics.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Wow Samadhi does sound like what I experienced, thanks for sharing that link.

One of my original questions had to do with how I got there in the first place though. I don't even meditate and was not very still in the moment it happened, yet it took place anyway. Like I said before, it led me to wonder "why me?" Guess it's like you said, everything happens for a reason and these reasons are often unknown to us.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

Your post brings me so much Joy as do many of the replies. I had a very similar experience to yours and others. I had been experiencing significant generalized and acute anxiety starting in '06 (later to realize my mind/body initially sensing Source). Medicated and it persisted. In '08 made a decision to get off the pharmaceutics and cut out alcohol for a few weeks. I was a new father and husband caught up in the game of materialism; an agnostic leaning towards atheist (just didn't have the drive to prove there was no god). I unknowingly began a process of surrender and forgiveness for primarily myself. I had begun reestablishing my relationship with my estranged mother after almost a decade. July '08 I found myself at my grandmother's death bed. After two days without sleep vigiling IT happened. I was holding my grandmother's hand and was between the state of awake and sleep. A silent BOOM! Ego-Collapse, Universal Knowledge, Infinite Awareness, The VOID, The Mind of God, Enlightenment, Awakening, The Tao, I AM, Christ Consciousness and many other names. I saw the Christ Fire in all; I saw me. Everyone that knew the old me asked me where the old me was and who is this new me. I was trapped in a perpetual miracle; the proverbial Now for over two years. Initially I was evangelical in trying to share with the other me's our perfection. It included a spiritual quest to Hopi Nation. I have since grounded enough to chop wood and carry water in this dimension Knowing IT is coming for All and there is Nothing to fear.

My kundalini has risen numerous times since then which can best be described as Source peering or glimpsing at Creation through your physical body. It feels as though your crown and heart chakra are blown wide open emitting massive amounts of Source, head is slightly tilted back, tears stream, mouth slightly open, and the solar plexus chakra down seem to be disappear (like there are no legs) all the while what's left of the ego becomes the observer. The ego can resume control at any time but it would be silly to do so as it is bliss beyond description.

The esoteric Christ in the Gospel of Thomas:

(29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

(50) Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where did you come from?', say to them, 'We came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?', say, 'We are its children, we are the elect of the living father.' If they ask you, 'What is the sign of your father in you?', say to them, 'It is movement and repose.'"

(84) Jesus said, "When you see your likeness, you rejoice. But when you see your images which came into being before you, and which neither die not become manifest, how much you will have to bear!"

This video brings me peace:

So in the mean time I chop wood and carry water Knowing the secret my brothers and sisters are choosing to keep from themSelves.
Namaste,

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

1. I haven’t meditated for years, I watch TV (though at the time of the incident I hadn’t for about two months), I do not actively seek enlightenment and I drink on occasion. So it would seem from my research that I am not a candidate for this sort of thing, so my first question is: “Why did it take place?”

Everyone is a "candidate" - at some point in time. The simplest answer is that what happened to you happened to you because you were ready and it was your time at that particular time when it happened what happened. Makes sense?
Complex answer has to do with soul evolution and the mechanics of incarnation. Let's just say that some entities - as soulstreams of a "higher self" - have pre-incarnatively set up a sort of lifetime pattern with certain opportunities, triggers and catalysts. I cannot tell you why your "enlightenment" happened there and then, but I can assure you it was not a random chance of fate, it happened for a reason, and that is yours to discover.

2. I am not a poet so I cannot describe it to you in stunning enough detail the "oneness" I felt, but believe me when I say that it was amazing. I felt love, plain and simple, everyone tosses around the word but I understood what it was to “live” love even if it was only for a short time. So my second question is: “Why does someone like me deserve to feel that and not everyone else as well?” I am convinced the world would change if they could have only one minute of my time in “that place.”

Yes, it's not the LOVE of the word "love". The reason why not everyone else experiences or lives that LOVE has to do, again, with soul evolution and the concept of Creator experiencing/knowing itself through its own Creation. Not all entities (including animals/vegetals/minerals/etc) are at the same level of that evolutionary path. Rest assured, however, that all returns to One in the "end". The various layers of reality/illusion are designed to experience, learn, explore, discover and finally return to that one "Source" from whence all came in the first place. All in "time".

3. Third question: “Has anyone else experienced this ‘enlightenment’ for only a short time like I have?” It has always been portrayed as something you must dedicate your entire life to achieving and then you get to bask in its glow for eternity.

Yes. Enlightenment is OF the moment, it is not a continual state of being, it is just a realization of infinity, oneness and the absolute love-ness of that all-ness in a moment. Conscious seeking/dedication towards the reaching is this "enlightenment" may potentiate or catalyze one to attain this "eternal moment" of absolute self-awareness; however, it is also true that some incarnate entities (i.e. humans in this case) are quite ready for enlightenment before incarnating, and may experience it more easily or spontaneously than those who seek all their lives. Still, conscious seeking will always yield, let's say, much more fruit in the long run.

4. I mentioned in the first paragraph that this was not my first strange experience. Throughout my life I have seen things and had psychic episodes which were verified by those around me. These mostly occurred when I was younger (my mother says her family line carries this trait) and also for about a year before I discovered ATS, hence my joining. So apparently I either carry a genetic form of mild schizophrenia or I am “gifted.” So my fourth question is: “What is the use of this trait in our world today?” I could understand its use in maybe a tribal setting but in this day and age it just seems to interfere with everyday living.

Giften, unique, special. It is ony natural to feel this way when contrasted to all those around you who may only live a more, let's say, "mundane" life. Those who experience so-called "paranormal" episodes throughout their lives are usually those who often in that same lifetime reach "enlightenment" to some degree, whether seekingly or "accidentally". Your "parnormal" perception since childhood should serve you as proof and sign of your condition and reason for being here and who you are.

As for your question, the only use of this "trait" as you call it, is that of self-discovery and self-development. That is the simplest answer.

Enlightenment is of the self, attained by the self, via the self, for the self. It cannot be taught or transmitted to anyone. All you may do, if you will, is help others help themselves in their seeking of this realization. But that is where your service ends.

One must understand that not all entities are on the same degree of awareness or the same level in the evolutionary path - thus preaching about "love & light" to the world would become a stumbling block and an nuisance to many, rather than an aid, for many are not yet done with this illusion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join