It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you make of this; where doesn't have a link in existance and I don't need to ssssearch to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Striclly hyperteticall and scientific is the way to invision this; imagine 1 million tons suspended or whatever and as it descends; every 1/1000 of an inch a suspending force is crancked and locked for the distance of 100 feet from top to bottom and at the bottom the last distance that the wieght collapses is say one foot where it takes spring distance of one foot to carry and counter it and this wieght rests on all these locked springs that each are capable of of the same resistance and now release it all at once. Do you think that this wieght would travel higher than 100 feet up now? I am actually trying to be as best as I can in explainating but can really break it down to the actions; if you drop something; it will only accumilate speep because of gravity; but if you cultivate it's force repeatedly with each accumilation using least distance possible ; that would mean that when they are all released together against it against gravity ; they should prevail as I was told that spring steel retracts at the speed of light. I was told?
edit on 20-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

You mind putting that in terms we can understand.
Or at least use spell check.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
WT? One should never drink too much when posting...or at least wait a bit. Spellcheck please!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Strictly hypothetical and scientific is the way to envision this.

Imagine 1 million tons suspended (or whatever) and as it descends; every 1/1000 of an inch a suspending force is cranked and locked for the distance of 100 feet from top to bottom. At the bottom the last distance that the weight collapses is, say, one foot where it takes a spring a distance of one foot to carry and counter it and this weight rests on all these locked springs that each are capable of of the same resistance and now release it all at once.

Do you think that this weight would travel higher than 100 feet up now?

reply to post by GmoS719

That's the most sense I could make of what he was trying to say...just fixed some typos and some glaring punctuation things.

Problem I'm having with the question is; It's not specified how much tension is in the springs...nor why the whole thing is suspended if it's supposed to rest on these springs...so I don't believe there is enough information provided to actually provide an answer.

Maybe if the OP explains (at least) those 2 things for me, I can take a venture towards a guess.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by musicjunkie

It is suspended so that it can be releaved towards releasing each spring that has the capability of 1/100 of a inch long distance iaking of flex to then be overpowering of the wieght so that when it would be released with and at thousand every inch and one hundred feet high? 12 xthe same time as all those other which amount to how many? Let's see 1000 x 12 x 100 = 120 times the same force of the weight released together and one could actually have any amount of these geared to capable of 1/ 2000 of an inch distance and capable of twice the resistance I imagine. I hope you understand.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichelJCardin
I am actually trying to be as best as I can in explainating but can really break it down to the actions; if you drop something; it will only accumilate speep because of gravity; but if you cultivate it's force repeatedly with each accumilation using least distance possible ; that would mean that when they are all released together against it against gravity ; they should prevail as I was told that spring steel retracts at the speed of light. I was told?
edit on 20-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

First, I'm gonna fix this so I can make some sense of it:

I am actually trying to be as best as I can in explaining but can really break it down to the actions.

If you drop something, it will only accumulate speed because of gravity. But if you cultivate it's force repeatedly with each accumulation, using the least distance possible, that would mean that when they are all released together against it and gravity they should prevail as I was told that spring steel retracts at the speed of light. I was told?

Okay...I'm trying to make some sense of this. One thing that just glares at me is the spring steel reacting at light speed. Wouldn't it break the sound barrier while doing that? I've never heard a sonic boom from a spring being released.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichelJCardin

It is suspended so that it can be relieved towards releasing each spring that has the capability of 1/100 of a inch long distance. Taking of flex to then be overpowering of the weight so that when it would be released with and at thousand every inch and one hundred feet high?

12x the same time as all those other which amount to how many? Let's see 1000 x 12 x 100 = 120 times the same force of the weight released together and one could actually have any amount of these geared to capable of 1/ 2000 of an inch distance and capable of twice the resistance I imagine. I hope you understand.

I don't completely understand, no. But I would think that with enough high tension springs compressed and then released you could achieve this height with this hypothetical object. If the tension was, as you described, 120x the force of weight.

Sure, why not...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

120 000 times it's against gravity force.

top topics

join