It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illumination. Become your own God.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Does not compute.

Can I kill, rape, bully, be an a-hole, steal, because I am my own God?

Can I make drugs, not pay my taxes, not drive on the right side of the road, BECAUSE I AM MY OWN GOD??

Yeah whatever. Look at the condition of the world as it is right now. Is it such a good idea for people to be their own Gods?

Get me the f off this planet.

It doesn't compute simply because you don't view God as sacrifice. If you did, you wouldn't resort to killing, raping, bullying, stealing, and being a general a-hole.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I always look at the life--especially noting their ending condition--of anyone offering a philosophy of life and/or our existence. You quoted Nietzsche in relation to Illuminism. Do you feel he was illuminated?

Mental breakdown and death (1889–1900)

On January 3, 1889, Nietzsche suffered a mental collapse. Two policemen approached him after he caused a public disturbance in the streets of Turin. What actually happened remains unknown, but an often-repeated tale states that Nietzsche witnessed the whipping of a horse at the other end of the Piazza Carlo Alberto, ran to the horse, threw his arms up around its neck to protect the horse, and then collapsed to the ground.[26]

In the following few days, Nietzsche sent short writings—known as the Wahnbriefe ("Madness Letters")—to a number of friends (including Cosima Wagner and Jacob Burckhardt). To his former colleague Burckhardt, Nietzsche wrote: "I have had Caiaphas put in fetters. Also, last year I was crucified by the German doctors in a very drawn-out manner. Wilhelm, Bismarck, and all anti-Semites abolished."[27] Additionally, he commanded the German emperor to go to Rome to be shot, and summoned the European powers to take military action against Germany.[28]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I feel that when you encounter someone claiming illumination or enlightenment, even if only through their writings, and are not touched, moved or inspired in some way, that the claim is bogus. Another factor is a lack of mirth or humor or playfulness. When I see someone talking enlightenment, without the presence of enlightenment, there is no enlightenment there to begin with, only pretence.

edit on 20-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here is something to think about:

If God is perfect, and created everything, then everything is perfect. That means I am perfect, and since perfection is God, that means I am God.

Another way of looking at it is like this: if in a divine sense all is one, then it is untruthful to say that I am a separate thing from God, so that means I am God. Some people may say this is blasphemous to say you are God, but I say it is blasphemous for me to not say I am.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
See you get it wrong... There is no time or no efforts... it's just be... stop thinking in a physical way... you'll find the key... do u get it now?

reply to post by NocturnalPhantom

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There is where you are wrong. You are seeking... stop seeking, just be light... and you'll be... again stop thinking in a physical way... just stop thinking ... just be. please understand
reply to post by NewAgeMan

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectivelife
reply to post by NewAgeMan

but w
hen you say YOUR getting tired of being you, you can only make this statement because you are a unique you, once that is gone, what happens, what are YOU then

i just dont get how we can make statements about losing ourselves and becoming part of a collective, when the only thing that enables us to even think or say these things is because we are ourselves right now.....so what else can we be...argh im confusing myself lol

Maybe there is no separate self, and that that's the illusion or delusion. I think when we realize this and have an appreciation for the timeless, spaceless domain of the soul (relationship with our source), when we recognize (re cognize) that death simply doesn't matter anymore. Then (forever now) we may find that we've re-discovered the truth that sets us free in eternity, and breath a deep sigh of relief, and rekindle our childlike wonderment and sense of timelessness.

I've had tastes of this, sublime moments, but I became fearful for no reason at all..

edit on 22-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
dont worry the new dawn is nearly upon us, and those that witness the spectacle of the rebirth of the morning star will see the truth in that we our gods, we can create and take life, we can alter the very world around us welcome this new age brothers peace and prosperity are for the lolz

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I was browsing Tumblr and I found this blog, it seems like the authors of the website are branching out. The author of the blog seems to be called The Commondeeror.

Heres the link: the-commondeeror.tumblr.com

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join