It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen the flashing star ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Isn't Niburu supposed to be a brown dwarf star, and is not visible to the naked eye or telescope. That it can only be detected with the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) because it is too cold, and it doesnt radiate any light.
edit on 20-8-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
Isn't Niburu supposed to be a brown dwarf star, and is not visible to the naked eye or telescope. That it can only be detected with the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) because it is too cold, and it doesnt radiate any light.

Your so right, It CAN'T be detected by the eye OR telescope!

Because it doesn't exist............

How the hell did this end up being about Nibiru!?
edit on 20-8-2011 by Red_xi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
hrmn...

i live on the east coast of the marmara sea and right now it's midnight around here. i've just checked the sky and saw a nifty halfmoon chatting up a bright jupiter at se to the right. i also noticed the object the op has mentioned, it's at north and flashes green and red. first i thought it was an airplane as there's high air traffic down here but it stays put and flashes like crazy in green and red colors, it's way too bright for an ordinary star. i have no telescope but binoculars and it looks like a strange air or spacecraft. i don't think it's a satellite or iridium flare as well because it did not disappear or dim for the past half an hour, and mind you, i'm the queen of skeptics and non believers, i hardly believe in anything but, well, anything. and there's no such thing as nibiru, sorry, no nibiru for kids, nope.

and there goes my realtime skymap, couldn't see any star attributable to the object where it is normally supposed to be, but the plaeides and it's situated far below the flashy thing:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ded0a75d0232.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 20-8-2011 by jamsession because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
edit on 20-8-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

Number one, it doesn't exist.

Number two, brown dwarf stars will still reflect light. Kind of like the way every planet in our solar system does.

To the op, can you give us an idea of what the star you are seeing is near. Constellations or stars that you can identify. Sometimes stars will look like they are blinking different colors depending on the atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

edit on 20-8-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yes I have! I noticed it a couple weeks ago while looking at the sky during that meteor shower. I thought it was a plane at first and gave it no mind. But 30 mins later, it was still there. So I kept my eye on it and it never moved. It just blinked those fantastic colours. It did change position in the sky along with the rest of the stars though as the earth rotated.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i'd be really grateful if anyone with a telescope would check and post what they saw or could make out of it. that'd be awesome.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I've seen it too
-- loved your diagram by the way.

Also in the East Sky, I have 2 "stars" in a line that appear to move around in an asymetrical circle as well as become orange in color (satilites ?) , they haven't moved the whole of this year. Directly overhead again South is another "organge" flashing star. I live in GA, USA.

Sorry for the spelling ...not one of my talents

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

whee i also remember the orange one, it was eastbound when i was in istanbul, but it was more like a satellite as it stood there for a couple of mins and dimmed away. but the red & green one acts like a star (it prolly is one but not sure about that hehe).

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I think I am going to try to get a telescope this year, hopefully the roof will come in under budget and I'll beable to get a reasonable one.... be great to get a better view

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I am in ohio and the same thing in the sky caught my eye, seems to blink or flash always around the same position in the sky every night. I have also seen a new bright light in the east around the moon. Just recently noticed them both in the past month or so.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I had a look on Stellarium for you, and for the Chicago area, in the West, they list Antares, Saturn and Arcturus.
For the poster above me - I think the star you are seeing near the moon is Jupiter.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

S&F, I was wondering if anyone else saw this thing. I just told my wife about this object day before yesterday. I fish at night and a couple of nights ago, about two hours before sunrise, I noticed the object you're referring to here, I think. The one I saw was in the eastern sky about 20 degrees above the horizon. (I live on the lower gulf coast in Texas) It definitely strobes from red to blue to green and I feel sure it's not a star or planet. Furthermore, I can't see it being a satellite unless it's geo-stationary because it doesn't move across the sky like most satellites.

I have a 10 inch Orion telescope that I plan to set up for a closer look. It's quite a project just to set up the telescope, (it weighs over 150 lbs.) but I think this may be worth the effort. I'll report back after I get a peek at it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i've seen it too. first night I thought it was a plane. Second night maybe the ISS? but the third night I was sure it was mercury, until I came here and found out mercury had been blown up. lol

I think it's antares.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Without being able to tell *exactly* there is a very high likelihood the star is Sirius.

Reason being that now in late summer/fall it's time for the winter constellations to appear again (i would need to double check in Stellarium when Sirius is visible)...AND the fact that Sirius is always very deep down on the horizon and thus sparkles more than other stars - PLUS the fact it's the brightest star.

It's really as simple as getting Stellarium, enter your location time/date and see for yourself what you might be looking at. In addition, you would also learn something as opposed to getting pseudo-information.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
See if SPICA is close its 1 of the ones I would see. Good luck

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
OP Iam in the UK & i saw this star, i was mid way through a smoke at the time so i was all like 'dude, did i just see that or am i imagining it' But i saw it exactly as you describe, it flashed red/green/white and it seemed as if it was getting closer or something, although it wasnt moving.

It was probably about 1am so it was pitch black so i could make it out quite clearly in the dark night sky, have a nice view from my yard too.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm in the UK and see this every night. I've searched on here for answers and i always get told that its Sirius. Sometimes it looks like it slightly moving/shaking around and if i stare at it for a long period of time it looks like its coming closer.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

Last night our "asymetric circular path wobbiling" .. "stars" - some of whom are orange colored were really very active .. more than 10 of them last night (mostly in the nothern half of the sky) ... Georgia, USA..

I would so love to know what the hell is going on, we've noticed this "wibbling" for all of this year so far, but last night was by far the most active no need to get a cricked neck waiting a few minutes to see movement.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I actually saw a twinkly, large star a couple of years ago. I was told by my grandfather that it was a sattelite.
I can't tell a star and a sattelite apart. They look the same to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join