It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Earn they Learn, Stop Truancy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just heard this on the news and it just didn't set well with me. Should kids be compensated for turning in someone who is truant? Here is a school district that is doing just that.

story

This is my second time posting a thread so please be gentle with me.
edit on 19-8-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: correction

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

its a win win situation

people need to have new stuff to do to feel themselves empowered.

the establishment clearly have a though job in spying our lives and behaviours, so they need to create a culture where the standard is we all spy and collect sensitive info about each others.
its makes their job that much easier.

and obviously, like everything else in life.

women and children first

surelly the men will follow

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Because you know, thats the thing to do right?
Lets force children into a place where their creativity is beaten out of them, while i understand that everyone needs an education, how about gearing things towards what the student wants to learn, as opposed to jamming the curriculum down their throats.
I hated highschool, its complete BS. Im not a bad person. I got a college degree. Highschool didn't help me one bit, if anything it made me go a little crazy.
Its a good idea in theory, now there will be more people getting their ass kicked for being snitches.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well all I know is that if a kid had ever ratted out me or my friends when we were ditching school there would have been mob justice at some point. And there is no way you can keep it a secret in school.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by AzureSky

and more bullying cases filed, gotta keep the legal system going right?

education, money scheme.

medicine, money scheme.

justice, money scheme.

all systems are

and what they all have in common is they feed eachothers by feeding on us.

you go to school and pay to get a title or a piece of paper wich will determine most your odds in actually making some money.

now, an education, that can be achieved anywere.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I agree with all of you. It puts the child in a difficult position because there is no way to keep the name of the informer confidential. All this is going to do is get someone hurt. I know that when I was in High School I skipped school as often as I could and I would have beat the heck out of anyone who snitched on me. I also finished High School, went to college and became a productive member of society.

What next? drop a dime on your Mom and Dad for a few bucks?
edit on 19-8-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: added to

join