It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with Stan Friedman on the movie Apollo18.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
well i don't think it would have been all that hard, the military has been running a secret space program for years.
and if they wanted to send some one to the moon, they could.
just watch this link and read this other link and tell me what you think.

this first link comes from pbs, just watch the first six minutes and you will want to watch the whole thing. i know i did.

Astrospies

And this is a book called shades of gray and is in a e book form. but you can buy it.

Shades Of Grey National Security and the Evolution Of Space Reconnaissance

edit on 20-8-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

You are right , I think what we saw on the launch pad at the time was a Saturn V , and we assumed it was Apollo 18.
wd4eui.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

If a mission had been canceled after the the Rocket had already been built... Where are these Rockets today? It's rather difficult to hide a multi-story behemoth..

I grew up on the Florida peninsula nearly due west of the cape. The time was the late 1950s through the mid 1960s. launches of all types happened almost every other day. It was nothing to look east from my front door and see a missile streaking into the sky. Of course, at night, you can't identify it. Was it an Atlas, like that launched Mercury? Or a Titan II, that lifted Gemini? Or any of myriad other models of various sizes?

Next, the moving of the Saturn V rocket from the assembly building to the launch pad, was accomplished by using the very same crawler that was later applied to the Space Shuttle. This was a very slow process but not because it had to be. The actual top speed of that monster is debatable but even if it could gallop, there would have to be a very big rocket that hundreds of people saw assembled and then on the clock to launch even if it was all done when no one was looking.

So... yeah, a night launch and all you see are the rockets lighting up the sky. But there would have been hundreds and hundreds of personnel in on such a launch and keeping that many people on the cape quiet would have been damned near impossible over this sum of time.

Now, the alternative is if the thing was launched from Vandenberg. This is where the supposed Apollo 20 mission was launched from. Keeping in mind that this is a very secure military base with security-ranked personnel on hand, such a launch could have happened either day or night and never made it to public attention. Line of sight, curvature of the planet, people paying attention to traffic and not the distant sky... and with missile launches from that base as common as the cape in Florida, who would have really took note?

One last note on this. Along I-65 just west of Huntsville, Alabama, there is a rest-stop that features a Apollo-stack Saturn 1b rocket. This is not as big as the full stack Saturn V moon rocket, but still makes an impression. On approach. But the thing about this is, you really don't see this from that far away. A few miles, yes. But tens of miles? No.

This makes a great topic but... it sure ruffles the feathers of the official deskperts when we don't consult them first.

PS - Here's a link to a picture of the Saturn 1B at the rest stop:
4.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 20-8-2011 by redoubt because: addendum

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The interview was pure Stan -- promote himself and his books, recite the bumper stickers, attempt remote mesmerism of viewers too near their TV screens... he could have done the whole interview on autopilot.

Was Copernicus wrong as Stan claimed? I thought he was RIGHT about planets orbiting the sun.

Stan's example of the 'Corona' program (1959-60 and later) being kept a secret until 1995 is pure baloney aimed at the ignorant. The military satellites were widely reported in the press at the time [I read the stories] as being photorecce satellites. Heck, the movie 'Ice Station Zebra' was ABOUT one of the capsules. It was the actual photographs that weren't released until the 1990s -- shortly after the collapse of the USSR.

As to the possibility of NASA flying a secret Apollo mission, I suspect Stan thinks it's a pretty cockamamie idea, so he dodged endorsing it -- but what-the-heck the topic was another ticket for more free air time, so why not look like you're saying what the host wants to hear?

Sigh. Why do you give this kind of deception such an easy target audience?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Now, the alternative is if the thing was launched from Vandenberg. This is where the supposed Apollo 20 mission was launched from. Keeping in mind that this is a very secure military base with security-ranked personnel on hand, such a launch could have happened either day or night and never made it to public attention. Line of sight, curvature of the planet, people paying attention to traffic and not the distant sky... and with missile launches from that base as common as the cape in Florida, who would have really took note?

I'm not going to like the implications of this, but Redoubt is correct re launches from Vandenberg being secretable. There's also dense coastal fog that often prevents local viewing of the kind of rockets launched.

In 1986 there was even a military satellite launch -- in such a fog -- that was never announced and which was never registered with the United Nations, as required by treaty. Apparently somebody was trying to see how much they could get away with.

Now, the fog does clear, and people can see the pads there -- not just from satellites but also from aircraft flying just outside the keep-out zones. There's no Saturn-V capable pad there, never was. And there's no way to get a Saturn-V there from the fabrication facilities secretly because it's a trip by barge -- and would be mighty noticeable transiting the Panama Canal. Lastly, the Saturn-V's translunar trajectory required a due east launch for maximum boost from Earth's rotation, which would have dropped the first stage on northern Los Angeles -- also mighty hard to conceal.

Naw, it's a silly idea.

But the fact of secret launches of smaller rockets from Vandenberg -- I gotta admit to that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

I'm not going to like the implications of this, but Redoubt is correct re launches from Vandenberg being secretable. There's also dense coastal fog that often prevents local viewing of the kind of rockets launched.

In 1986 there was even a military satellite launch -- in such a fog -- that was never announced and which was never registered with the United Nations, as required by treaty. Apparently somebody was trying to see how much they could get away with.

Now, the fog does clear, and people can see the pads there -- not just from satellites but also from aircraft flying just outside the keep-out zones. There's no Saturn-V capable pad there, never was. And there's no way to get a Saturn-V there from the fabrication facilities secretly because it's a trip by barge -- and would be mighty noticeable transiting the Panama Canal. Lastly, the Saturn-V's translunar trajectory required a due east launch for maximum boost from Earth's rotation, which would have dropped the first stage on northern Los Angeles -- also mighty hard to conceal.

Naw, it's a silly idea.

But the fact of secret launches of smaller rockets from Vandenberg -- I gotta admit to that.

The fact you're saying there has been secret launches tells a lot. Whilst a Saturn V launch may be hard to conceal it wouldn't be impossible, hell it may even have been a UFO report

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
One of the un-used Saturn V rockets is on display, laid on its side, at the Johnson space flight centre, rocket number S-1VB-513. I Googled Saturn V rocket history, quite simple really.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
All I know is they were paid for. I don't know what the money was use for. And I don't know if the contractor even got the money. I do know some of the F1 engine were built. Don't want to disclose how I know this you just have to speculate. Believe it or not, doesn't really matter to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
....Whilst a Saturn V launch may be hard to conceal it wouldn't be impossible, hell it may even have been a UFO report

Actually, secret Soviet satellite launches have been reported as UFOs since the early 1960s, their UFO data bases are hopelessly polluted with dozens of such cases. And videos of recent satellite launches from Baykonur keep showing up on Youtube as UFOs.

But that's a problem in the minds of UFO proponents.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

....Whilst a Saturn V launch may be hard to conceal it wouldn't be impossible, hell it may even have been a UFO report

Actually, secret Soviet satellite launches have been reported as UFOs since the early 1960s, their UFO data bases are hopelessly polluted with dozens of such cases. And videos of recent satellite launches from Baykonur keep showing up on Youtube as UFOs.

How do we do this? I mean, we've long since denounced racism and bigotry... which is, by definition, a form of negative stereotyping. We're now moving along and learning how not to apply the same horrible reasoning based on sexual preferences.

But here we have this...

So, ALL UFO proponents, are this, or that. Forget the individual because if you are lumped into this grouping, you are whatever Mr. Oberg says you are.

It's really no different than saying that all women are bad drivers, all African-Americans like watermelon or all Muslims are radical militants.

It's horrible and embarrassing to see this kind of thing.

What a really bad, bad way to express one's self on a website that declares its sole purpose for being, is to deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

You make bold statements on the Corona program that it was widely covered by the media of the day, yet you post no links. Based on your previous posts, there needs to be some credibility, so:

NO LINKY, YOU STINKY!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
If Apollo 18 or any others became classified, then rest assured no one would have known... a crew could have trained and flew those missions in that context..

How can you launch a Saturn V without people noticing? Theres a world of difference between piggybacking a classified payload on to a publicly acknowledged launch (e.g. various shuttle missions) and performing a launch of the biggest rocket we ever built clandestinely.

Not criticising I just don't see practically how that could be done. Educate me.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
OMG! I don't know who to believe! I'm so confused!

*ladyinwaiting clutches her face and screams like the kid on "Home Alone", and runs from the thread*

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

If Apollo 18 or any others became classified, then rest assured no one would have known... a crew could have trained and flew those missions in that context..

How can you launch a Saturn V without people noticing? Theres a world of difference between piggybacking a classified payload on to a publicly acknowledged launch (e.g. various shuttle missions) and performing a launch of the biggest rocket we ever built clandestinely.

Not criticising I just don't see practically how that could be done. Educate me.

Here's a link to this very subject, on this very thread, I posted yesterday...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Thanks. Its an interesting idea but nothing in that post or subsequent convinces me they could have done this without being called out on it. I think the official story is the true one in this case. Unfortunately.

Interesting thread through.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Thanks. Its an interesting idea but nothing in that post or subsequent convinces me they could have done this without being called out on it. I think the official story is the true one in this case. Unfortunately.

Interesting thread through.

I agree that the likelihood is incredibly remote.

I just do enjoy the mystery, lore and the subject matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Naw, it's a silly idea.

The fact you're saying there has been secret launches tells a lot. Whilst a Saturn V launch may be hard to conceal it wouldn't be impossible, hell it may even have been a UFO report

So how do you get the Saturn V to a launch pad at Vandenburg? Using the Fluegvond TR-3X giant stealth anti-gravity carrier to take it from the assembly plant in Florida on a dark foggy night?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Naw, it's a silly idea.

So how do you get the Saturn V to a launch pad at Vandenburg? Using the Fluegvond TR-3X giant stealth anti-gravity carrier to take it from the assembly plant in Florida on a dark foggy night?

Not saying that I do, but if the alien sceptics in favour of military aircraft types had a say then they would tell you that the U.S. military have giant black triangles bigger than football pitches roaming the skies

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Let me throw a question out to anyone that has pondered over the idea that certain Apollo missions were scrubbed after the rocket had already been built.

I've been to NASA twice and seen how large these rockets are. If a mission had been canceled after the the Rocket had already been built... Where are these Rockets today? It's rather difficult to hide a multi-story behemoth..

Height 363.0 feet (110.6 m)
Diameter 33.0 feet (10.1 m)
Mass 6,699,000 pounds (3,039,000 kg)
Stages 3

Rocket on Launchpad
the above courtesy of NASA and wikipedia

www.astronautix.com...

This link will give you some idea of where the two completed rockets went.

The Skylab program as well as the space base program recycled the two complete rockets that were already built and if memory serves the two in question (18 and 19) were both used for skylab

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Let me throw a question out to anyone that has pondered over the idea that certain Apollo missions were scrubbed after the rocket had already been built.

I've been to NASA twice and seen how large these rockets are. If a mission had been canceled after the the Rocket had already been built... Where are these Rockets today? It's rather difficult to hide a multi-story behemoth...

Um, are you sure the rockets you saw weren't the very same? This is the Apollo 18 rocket, now a museum piece on display at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. I saw another Saturn V at the Kennedy Space Center in Flordia when I was a kid. Here is a NASA link describing the three Saturn V rockets on display in various locations. You can believe it or not, as you see fit. But that's their story about these rockets.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join