It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with Stan Friedman on the movie Apollo18.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
From a couple days ago, the grandmaster ufologist give his opinions on Apollo 18 and government secrets:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Friedman makes a few good points here. i didn't know 18 and 19 were already built and paid for when they were allegedly cancelled. also, in the realm of coincidence, i happen to be watching Bill Hicks on netflix when your thread came up! think that means something?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Not only was Apollo 18 built, but it was sitting on the launching pad , ready to go. I saw this myself when I was a kid and we had taken a trip to Kennedy space center. It never launched.
edit on 20-8-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Friedman makes a few good points here. i didn't know 18 and 19 were already built and paid for when they were allegedly cancelled. also, in the realm of coincidence, i happen to be watching Bill Hicks on netflix when your thread came up! think that means something?

Don't know if it means anything other that both have legendary status in their relevant fields

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Not only was Apollo 18 built, but it was sitting on the launching pad , ready to go. I saw this myself when I was a kid and we had taken a trip to Kennedy space center. It never launched.

I'll need to do more research on some of this.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

That's impossible. The mission was cancelled two years before its planned lauinch date, and no crew ever trained for it. 17 was known to be the last, long before it ever launched. Your childhood memory must have been warped by your enthusiasms. That often happens to all of us.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

That's impossible. The mission was cancelled two years before its planned lauinch date, and no crew ever trained for it. 17 was known to be the last, long before it ever launched.

That depends on who you believe

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Interview with Stan Friedman on the movie Apollo18

I actually prefer the story of Apollo 20 that surfaced on the web a few years ago. It's been hammered by the bunkers and skeptoids ever since, but there are some very striking points that can't be dismissed by their will alone. Every claim of hoaxery that's come along, has failed the same test of authenticity that the story itself does. In my opinion, it still stands as one of the better pieces of lore.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If Apollo 18 or any others became classified, then rest assured no one would have known... a crew could have trained and flew those missions in that context..

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Most likely, once it appeared we could go up there with some regularity and the military had some time to think about all the implications, the program probably went black and was transferred to the air force or some other military entity.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
If Apollo 18 or any others became classified, then rest assured no one would have known... a crew could have trained and flew those missions in that context..

You are sounding totally delusional. Conducting a manned lunar mission isn't something you can train for on Link simulators and plot trajectories for using borrowed bank adding machines. Hundreds of people are involved, who were never subjected to the myth-required 'security blackouts' or months of 'missing time' -- as the actual people who were actually there well recall. The people who did the real lunar landings went on to do other projects after Apollo-17, and never trained any 'secret stand-ins' for themselves either.

"Classified" isn't a code-word for fairy dust to invoke invisibility cloaks. People who actually have worked with classified material realize it involves an entire infrastructure of locational physical access controls and dedicated communications channels and documentation custodianship that are quite noticeable by folks not privy to the material. There wasn't any sign of Apollo-era infrastructure at NASA of that nature.

Believe what you will, of course, if it makes you feel fake-smarter. Pretend what you please. But realize it requires you to call all of those real people, most of them probably a lot smarter than any of us, liars.

Alternate histories are fun to conjur up and debate, as what-if possibilities. They make for good literature and thoght-provoking movies. It's when some people actually begin choosing the make-believe over thoroughly-documented realities that things get pathetic.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

If I understood correctly, Mr Friedman states that Apollo 18 and 19 were already paid for...Obviously, I can't ask him links for such a claim but, if he's correct, it does raise questions.

If you've seen the movie Contact (1997 with Jodie Foster), S.R. Hadden supplies another site for the launch. And it gets me thinking...

Would it be possible, and you wouldn't be in the know obviously but would it be possible, that NASA has launched from another country, in affiliation with another agency. Would it be a possibility or just too much work to cover up something like this?

I would really appreciate an answer on that one Jim.

Thank you.

ETA: OP S&F !

edit on 20-8-2011 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

"Classified" isn't a code-word for fairy dust to invoke invisibility cloaks. People who actually have worked with classified material realize it involves an entire infrastructure of locational physical access controls and dedicated communications channels and documentation custodianship that are quite noticeable by folks not privy to the material. There wasn't any sign of Apollo-era infrastructure at NASA of that nature.

How many classified projects did you work on? And did you ever have need to know clearance?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
'I mistrust all frank and simple people, especially when their stories hold together'. Papa.

I wouldn't buy a watch off Stanton Friedman.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
'I mistrust all frank and simple people, especially when their stories hold together'. Papa.

I wouldn't buy a watch off Stanton Friedman.

Just as well he ain't selling any then

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Let me throw a question out to anyone that has pondered over the idea that certain Apollo missions were scrubbed after the rocket had already been built.

I've been to NASA twice and seen how large these rockets are. If a mission had been canceled after the the Rocket had already been built... Where are these Rockets today? It's rather difficult to hide a multi-story behemoth..

Height 363.0 feet (110.6 m)
Diameter 33.0 feet (10.1 m)
Mass 6,699,000 pounds (3,039,000 kg)
Stages 3

Rocket on Launchpad
the above courtesy of NASA and wikipedia

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

If I understood correctly, Mr Friedman states that Apollo 18 and 19 were already paid for...Obviously, I can't ask him links for such a claim but, if he's correct, it does raise questions.

If you've seen the movie Contact (1997 with Jodie Foster), S.R. Hadden supplies another site for the launch. And it gets me thinking...

Would it be possible, and you wouldn't be in the know obviously but would it be possible, that NASA has launched from another country, in affiliation with another agency. Would it be a possibility or just too much work to cover up something like this?

I would really appreciate an answer on that one Jim.

Thank you.

ETA: OP S&F !

edit on 20-8-2011 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

I doubt it very much.
How would you get the Saturn V rocket to another location? Or are you saying they built a totally separate and redundant Saturn V assembly building plus mover and launch site? Doesn't seem very likely at all because it would be such a huge waste of money.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
there certainly is a loty of compelling evidence every apollo mission had "anamolies" that sem like they were being monitored, but I wonder if there was any explicit warning or threat from them ?

wouldn't the russians have been threatened as well ?

I guess we'll find out if china goes back or any other country for that matter

fwiw, the movie trailer looks really really awful.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Good questions.

Would it be possible that it had been sent to another launch pad from another country? And launched. Let's not forget that two missions were covered, money wise. So the extra costs for transport would be covered. (Just assuming here)

That is my question. Yes, I agree with you that it seems like a huge waste of money but I don't think that the United States Government feels guilty for spending huge amounts of money when they think there is a reason to. But that's for another thread altogether.

The reason I asked Jim Oberg is because I know he's deeply in this field and I trust that he will give an honest answer.

I don't ask for a certitude. Or proof. Just, is it possible?

Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time around.

edit on 20-8-2011 by SonoftheSun because: missing words.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I want to see this movie when it comes out. It's also sparked my interest in Apollo 20, and the mission to the alien craft on the moon. I just learned of this.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by alienreality

You are sounding totally delusional. Conducting a manned lunar mission isn't something you can train for on Link simulators and plot trajectories for using borrowed bank adding machines. Hundreds of people are involved, who were never subjected to the myth-required 'security blackouts' or months of 'missing time' -- as the actual people who were actually there well recall. The people who did the real lunar landings went on to do other projects after Apollo-17, and never trained any 'secret stand-ins' for themselves either.

Believe what you will, of course, if it makes you feel fake-smarter. Pretend what you please. But realize it requires you to call all of those real people, most of them probably a lot smarter than any of us, liars.

Alternate histories are fun to conjur up and debate, as what-if possibilities. They make for good literature and thoght-provoking movies. It's when some people actually begin choosing the make-believe over thoroughly-documented realities that things get pathetic.

All I did was comment about a hypothetical apollo mission being classified, and I never mentioned any training dynamics or anything else...
From your remarks it would seem you are the delusional one for creating out of thin air a bunch of details that I never even mentioned or hinted at...

Get a grip on yourself Jimbo... or put that rubber helmet back on before you hurt yourself..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join