It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security wrongly declares 14,000 people dead each year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Of the approximately 2.8 million death reports the Social Security Administration receives per year, about 14,000 -- or one in every 200 deaths -- are incorrectly entered into its Death Master File, which contains the Social Security numbers, names, birth dates, death dates, zip codes and last-known residences of more than 87 million deceased Americans. That averages out to 38 life-altering mistakes a day.

Read More Here

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The article explains that one reason for this sort of mistake was…

a funeral director had mistyped a Social Security number when submitting a death notice to the agency.

I can see this as a real legitimate problem. But I can also smell a way to scare people into getting micro chipped…(or some other means of tracking) If you will… a means of “flawlessly” keeping track of whose alive and whose dead… that way no one falls victim to clerical typo’s…

All the while the government knows everything about you… what you are doing… when you do it… and use that information to screw us even more… Sorry but I trust the world governments like I trust a rattle snake…

Figured I would share

-Evol Eric

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
They could be more diligent and bring the number down, but it's a bit of a long-shot to be saying that micro chipping people would fix this. I'm pretty sure people would be micro-chipped for other reasons than being shown to be alive or dead.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I wonder if I'm a mistake..HAHAHAHA
My mother seems to think so

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
LOL they docked me thousands and said they were bringing fraud charges because they thought I was my dead father. Took me out of school for the year but did get reimbursed with no interest for next term. Still screwed me as I missed a year of subsidized education due to clerical error. This was '75 if it matters
seed

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind being dead. The cliche is that only death and taxes are guaranteed in life, so if you eliminate one I suppose the other is gone too.

new topics

top topics

join